Suggestions needed for best photo opportunities

cndwelch

We have been to Cozumel a few times, and have mostly done one-stop excursions (Chankanaab, Mr. Sancho's, Passion Island). We would like to see more of the island this time, hubby's a photography buff.

I've heard that the Bar Hop Bus is a good way to see some great spots, but our kids will be with us (9 and 10). Any suggestions?

Is it just you and your husband? If so, you might be interested in doing an all day excursion to the Mayan ruins of Tulum. If your children are older, they might enjoy it.

My wife is a photo buff as well. She got some great shots there. You might be interested in seeing the pictures she made into a slide show for her website. Here is link that will take you there.

Tulum shore excursion

Edited by JimAOk1945

We have been to Cozumel a few times, and have mostly done one-stop excursions (Chankanaab, Mr. Sancho's, Passion Island). We would like to see more of the island this time, hubby's a photography buff.

I've heard that the Bar Hop Bus is a good way to see some great spots, but our kids will be with us (9 and 10). Any suggestions?

The Bar Hop is a good way to get an overview of the east side but you will not be able to do this tour with children unless you are lucky and able to get on one of the limited kid's hop. I think this would be a good option but am still waiting to read a review of this tour.

Otherwise, with children you will either need to rent a vehicle to drive yourself or hire a private driver, through a company like ToursPlaza or a taxi at the pier for an island tour. With either of these options you will be able to pick and choose where you stop.

Is it just you and your husband? If so, you might be interested in doing an all day excursion to the Mayan ruins of Tulum. If your children are older, they might enjoy it.

My wife is a photo buff as well. She got some great shots there. You might be interested in seeing the pictures she made into a slide show for her website. Here is link that will take you there.

Tulum shore excursion

Great pictures! Tulum would be nice, but I think it would make for a long day for the kids. Hopefully we'll get there someday!

Thank you for all the suggestions! Looking into Cozumel Photo Tours now. :)

We have taken and enjoyed the tour with Tati at Cozumel Photo Tours.

The basic tour is a walking tour of San Miguel. You can arrange for a custom tour to visit other parts of the island but you would need to arrange and pay for transport in addition to the tuition fee.