All Things Magic

GranysT

Thinking about booking the Magic. First time for that ship and also first time for that class ship. I know she recently came out of drydock. Just wondering what all they added, or fixed? What is she really like? What are her cove balcony's like, and what is a good cabin? IE, quiet and shady? Thinking of booking cove for first time also. A lot of firsts here, so any information would be a huge help. Thanks:)

No one has any answers? Disappointing

I know for sure Guys Burgers, Guy BBQ,, Pizzeria Del Capitano, Blue Iguana Cantina, Comfort Kitchen, Camp ocean, Red frog rum bar, Seuss at sea and the alchemy bar. Sorry no one responded. We've booked a family cruise on the magic in June. There is also a water works for the kids if I'm not mistaken. Also go to Carnivals web site and pull up the Magic's deck plan, this will help also.

Edited by volmoma

If you are planning a cove balcony the key is location. try to book one that is NOT under the galley.

While not all of the under Galley cabins have noise complaints, ALL of the noise complaints I have read about HAVE come from those under the galley. and some report noise all night long!

If I were booking a cove on Magic I would book between cabin numbers 2248 to 2334 on port side and 2273 to 2361 on the starboard side. these cabins are underneath the MDR (carpet and not used all night and the Atrium area)

They can get salt spray and be wet. (might need to take a towel to wipe down before using) But all of the coves are generally shady. the ocean is very close so the ocean noise can be quite loud.

The list of items above are correct as to what was added or already on the ship.

the Waterworks and ropes course are great fun.

with the advent of the new Guy's BBQ joint and the alchemy Bar the Magic is really a spiffed up ship now and certainly on par with the Breeze.

If you have kids or grand kids then the Magic will be a big hit. Its a big ship with plenty to do.

I have found the most effective way to get answers to the questions you are asking is to go to the Carnival Site and "Explore Ships" and pick the Magic. It has been updated to include all of the dry dock upgrades. They are on the deck plans so you can see what kind of cabins are possible and where they are located in relation to other things on the ship. There is also information on all of the venues on the ship and what they server or offer in written and picture form.

I am cruising on the Magic for the 1st time in December and I will be in a cove cabin. I cruised on the Dream (same class ship as the Magic) in a cove and thought that it was a great cabin. It feels more private than traditional balconies and best of all there was never a day I could not use the balcony because of too much sun. You are always in the shade and can still go up to the Serenity area if you want sun. I didn't notice ocean spray to be a problem but I guess it could be. On my last cruise I had a deck 6 traditional balcony and I had lots of salt spray because of the winds. The good news is that the cove cabins are less expensive but, in my opinion, probably a better cabin.

Others have covered the 2.0 changes, so I'll just say I can't wait to try Guy's BBQ place (available ONLY on the Magic)!

We loved the Cloud9 spa (and our spa balcony cabin) so much that we booked again with a different itinerary! We look forward to the upgrades but after 18 months between trips we wonder if we'll even realize what's new vs what was there! :p

Thinking about booking the Magic. First time for that ship and also first time for that class ship. I know she recently came out of drydock. Just wondering what all they added, or fixed? What is she really like? What are her cove balcony's like, and what is a good cabin? IE, quiet and shady? Thinking of booking cove for first time also. A lot of firsts here, so any information would be a huge help. Thanks:)

There's also the new Guys Pig and Anchor Bab-B-Que Smokehouse

The ship is awesome! We loved spending time in the red frog pub and eating there appetizers. The ship is big and it took me a little time to get my mental map setup. We always stay in interior rooms since we don't spend much time in our room.

The ship is awesome! We loved spending time in the red frog pub and eating there appetizers. The ship is big and it took me a little time to get my mental map setup. We always stay in interior rooms since we don't spend much time in our room.

We sail in 30 days and one of the things I am looking forward to is the pub wings at the red frog. They were great on the breeze and hope they will be again on Magic!

We're excited to try the pub! What are some appetizer recommendations?

We're excited to try the pub! What are some appetizer recommendations?

Firecracker Jamaican wings #1

The conch fritters were good and the Jamaican jerk pulled pork sliders were ok.

The wings will be the first order I make. With a coke. And a Ting Mojito as a follow-up as I wait for my second order of wings. :D

I didn't particually like the grouper fingers, they were soggy to me. Many like them though.

Firecracker Jamaican wings #1

The conch fritters were good and the Jamaican jerk pulled pork sliders were ok.

I didn't particually like the grouper fingers, they were soggy to me. Many like them though.

Agree with this post 100%, and the grouper fingers are always soggy.

I like the fried peas and plantains and a Frogs Island Tea.

i will be there this Sunday :cool:

I can't speak for the Magic, but I stayed in a cove on the Dream and loved it! Being that close to the water made me feel like I could actually enjoy the experience of being out on the open ocean. I don't think I could ever book a different type of room on a Dream class ship now. In fact, I'm booked in a cove on the Magic for next year.

There is a Breeze review currently that 2 different posters stated their cove balconies were

It was always wet and sticky....salt I am guessing/hoping! I also felt my view was very restricted and felt boxed in.
and
I loved being close to the water but the deck was always wet and I mean puddles and when it dried it was salty. I always kept a towel on the floor inside the door to wipe my feet on, the room steward said she tried to mop it up but it was just always wet.

that said most seem to love them

We were on the Magic in January. The single best thing for us was the comedy club. Get there early, and sit close only if you don't mind being fodder for the comedy. On our sailing, there were two comedians per night, alternating between the early family-friendly and the later over-21 sets. They switched comedians in mid-cruise and we got two different ones. I didn't see anyone actually rolling on the floor laughing, but all of the sets were quite hilarious.

One morning, the last at-sea day, the entire pool area was covered in towel animals. I didn't know they could make that many different animals. Get there by 7 or 8 to take photos.

The Italian restaurant (assuming it's still there) was free for lunch, and usually filled up within minutes of opening. The pasta was excellent, but the lasagna was a little weird (no pasta, looked like maybe sliced zucchini instead).