Imagination vs. Inspiration

izmeeh

They will be sailing on different days...Hoping Imagination is better than the Inspiration! I have no desire to go on the Inspiration again! We actually booked Princess for a 3 dayer next month...a mini suite for the same price as an inside on the Inspiration:) I know this is a Carnival board, but they're all owned by CCL;)

Near as I can figure out the Inspiration and the Imagination are identical in everything except decor. They even have the horrible bathrrom vanity set-up.

On the Elation and Paradise the seats in the buffet were such that you could move in the aisle between the booths. Can't do that on the Inspiration. No idea what the Imagination is like.

The only difference is the Inspiration has a M-F, F-M schedule and the Inspiration has a Th-Su, Su-Th schedule.

Funny note--

The Elation MDRs are the Inspiration and Imagination. Many get them confused the first night. Same amount on letters, almost the exact same letters and the outline of the names look the same.

Hopefully pax will remember which date and day they are booked.

We are also taking a Princess 3 day M-Th cruise on the Golden in October. Three in a Minisuite. The fare per day/per person (same week, M-F) is cheaper than a triple OV on the Inspiration.

My wife and I just got back from the 4 day Baja Cruise in the Inspiration and after cruising 22 times 12 on Carnival I have to say this was my least favorite cruise as far as service goes. We had a great time and the vacation was still a good value but I have to say this ship was off their game. The waiters in the MDR seem to be quick to get are food but were not very personable and we had to ask several times for Ground Pepper and flag them down for parmesan Cheese which never had happen in the past. After 22 cruise this is the first time we got back to our room after dinner and our beds have not been turn down. This is not a show stopper by any means but its not what we have been use to in the past. My thoughts is it all falls on leadership or this is a very tired crew.

My wife and I just got back from the 4 day Baja Cruise in the Inspiration and after cruising 22 times 12 on Carnival I have to say this was my least favorite cruise as far as service goes. We had a great time and the vacation was still a good value but I have to say this ship was off their game. The waiters in the MDR seem to be quick to get are food but were not very personable and we had to ask several times for Ground Pepper and flag them down for parmesan Cheese which never had happen in the past. After 22 cruise this is the first time we got back to our room after dinner and our beds have not been turn down. This is not a show stopper by any means but its not what we have been use to in the past. My thoughts is it all falls on leadership or this is a very tired crew.

What was the platinum gift? Can I get a tervis cup?

• 3 years later...

Inspiration I believe was better. There was less children and more of the younger adult group. Comedy Shows and different shuffle board, corn hole, trivia, sports trivia, pool activities. Highly recommend! My fiancé and I have gone on both and I would say Imagination more of a family with children (more slides, animated sections throughout ship) And Inspiration was more of the bar, gambling and nightclub scene. They both are great though depending on your type of scene.

Awesome cruise. Took this cruise with some old buddies last summer and had a blast. The bahama riviera cruise has been my favorite by far but this one is probably my second favorite. We traveled on Inspiration, a family friend recommended it to us and we had a blast. Lots of drinking contest/games that were actually very entertaining to watch. Comedy shows were hilarious and even their magic shows we good! Good energy throughout the whole ship even at the different ports. Nice people, nice cruise

I went on Inspiration Sept of 2015 and Imagination Nov 2016. Ships seem identical although when I sailed Inspiration it had not had upgrades so I preferred Imagination. I loved Guys and Blue Iguana but now both ships have them so I would say sail what is more cost effective or works better for work schedule as one is Th-Sun and the other is Fri-Mon. I like to back it up to a holiday like Labor Day so I am only taking one day off. I also sailed Miracle 2016 and while my Miracle experience was better overall I am sad they don't have a Guy's Burger or a Waterworks splash pad.