Question About Dr E On Magic?

GranysT

Does anyone know what Dr E schedule is on the Magic? I mean how long will he be on her. I keep hearing how good he is, but my cruise isn't until Sept. He'll probably be gone by then.

If anyone will be on Magic in the near future, maybe you could ask his schedule for me. Thanks

I don't know his schedule but I can attest to how great he is. We were on the Magic last August, and I have to say out of about 10 cruises with Carnival he is #1 in my book.

The CD's doesn't make or break my cruise, but he stands out with me. I hope you get to enjoy him.

Aside from vacations he pretty much stays son Magic. We were on his first cruise back from his most recent vacation in February.

To be honest, did not see what all the fuss is about. Seemed like a nice enough guy. His banter at the muster drill was amusing, but otherwise no real difference to the other cookie-cutter CD's Carnival seems to have. They all seem to subsist on caffeine and maybe some other stimulants that causes their ridiculous amount of energy, they interrupt your day constantly with announcements (one of my biggest pet peeves with Carnival vs. other lines we sail), have the special catch-phrases that have your eyes rolling after you have heard it for the 8 millionth time, and the activities were the same-old, same-old (I'm sure this comes from corporate and outside a CD's control).

Edited by cruzeluver
more info

John Heald's blog has him there until August, 2017. Your September date may be just when he goes on vacation again. Total bummer if that's the case. Dr. E. is the BEST!

Yep, that would be just my luck.:D

I've sailed dozens of times on all the majors except Princess and Disney and couldn't tell you one CDs name, or if they were on a ship with me. Except Dr. E. I don't know what it is about him, but 18 months after sailing with him we still talk about him, and look forward to next month when we sail with him again.

His morning show is really fun and I'm actually thinking about seeing if he'll help me prank call my friend this trip...she's super gullible, has a good sense of humor and adores him. I thought maybe a "come to the showroom in your pjs and you'll win $500" or something.