Just changed my cruise on anthem to liberty....

I have cruised before (once many years ago on Celebrity and more recently twice on Disney). Have always wanted to go to Bermuda and booked the Anthem for the first sailing of that itinerary for May 2016..After much thought; esp with the mixed reviews from Quantum, the very high cost per night (500 for a single in a D8 Balcony, etc), I decided to take a look at the 2015 sailings for Bermuda on Liberty...I changed my booking to mid Sept on Liberty...

Any thoughts, suggestions about this time of year, Liberty in general, switching from Anthem, etc would be much appreciated. This will be my first Royal Cruise and first time in Bermuda.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by lalashasha

I think you made a good choice, I would not do Oasis or the other newer ships because of cost, Bermuda is a great place to visit might be a little to cold to swim there, take the ferry its a great and cheap way to go to Hamilton or St George, get to see the million dollar mansions on the water on the ferry ride.

September is a great month for Bermuda, the water is still plenty warm for swimming. In May the water is still a little too cold. It hasn't had time to warm up yet. I've been to Bermuda in the spring and the fall a few times. It's my favorite place to cruise.

If "cost" is important to you then you made the correct decision. I agree that the prices are very high.

We loved our Quantum Back2Back in December and have three Anthem cruises booked.

Hopefully the prices will come down eventually and you can experience the Quantum someday.

Thanks for all your replies and feeback.;)

Should I worry about Hurricane season? I'm really not a beach person..so that is not an issue in terms of swimming, snorkeling, etc. I just heard that Bermuda is beautiful and really want to see it.

Edited by lalashasha

We are taking the Liberty cruise to Bermuda at the end of August. I've never been to Bermuda either, and am really looking forward to seeing those pink sand beaches in person.

I haven't seen this year's hurricane season forecasts yet, but I know the past couple have been relatively low, so I am hoping that this year is the same.

Here's to good weather for both of us first-timers to Bermuda!

Should I worry about Hurricane season? I'm really not a beach person..so that is not an issue in terms of swimming, snorkeling, etc. I just heard that Bermuda is beautiful and really want to see it.

That is not hurricane season Sept- end of November gets the big ones

National Hurricane Center Home Page ... Hurricane Season Dates. Hurricane season in the Atlantic begins June 1st and ends November 30th.

Seas can be rough on way over but you are on a very large ship, I did it 2 years ago on a ship about 1/3 of the size in May.

My DH & I have been to Bermuda in April and in September and prefer September much more. Air & water temps were much warmer.

This past February we sailed on the Liberty and had a great time.

So since we love Bermuda, especially in September, and had a great time on Liberty, we will be cruising there on her in mid-September too :)

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Madison81

Well...back and forth between Liberty and Anthem5 nite to Bermuda from NJ.Finally decided tonight to bite the bullet and cancel the liberty sailing for Sept 2015 and back to Anthem for May 2016 Bermuda!!!...Yes, it's more expensive..but feel the weather will be less iffy in May...and now I have more time to save too! I am really excited. :)

Edited by lalashasha

My parents took the Vision to Bermuda last August and just missed a hurricane as they were headed back to Florida. They had nothing but rain while they were there. Unfortunately, when the ships sail to Bermuda it's hurricane season, so you just never know. I'm sure that you will have a great time either way. My parents did, they just wished they had a little sunshine.

My parents took the Vision to Bermuda last August and just missed a hurricane as they were headed back to Florida. They had nothing but rain while they were there. Unfortunately, when the ships sail to Bermuda it's hurricane season, so you just never know. I'm sure that you will have a great time either way. My parents did, they just wished they had a little sunshine.

No, you can never know, especially since hurricane season is six months long 1 June-30 Nov. We have been to Bermuda twice out of Baltimore at the end of July and other than it being hot, we've had great weather and smooth seas, so yeah, you never know.

We were on the Liberty a few years ago - great ship! Just got off Quantum yesterday, gorgeous ship too. Putting aside all the craziness from the norovirus outbreak the previous week, had a great time too. But you have to go in knowing it will be different, and be willing to accept that and be willing to go with the flow and embrace the change. If you don't think you can do that, the Liberty is the better choice.

I kept our two Anthem cruises and added the liberty to Bermuda for September ! Why the Liberty, because the price was right :) Large corner aft balcony room with $200 OBC for two All taxes and fees $1700 !!!

I think you made a wise decision. I did Quantum's inaugural and 1) I will not do an inaugural again and, 2) I will not sail on a Quantum class again (or at least not until the ship is 5 years old!)

why would you not do a Quantum until it has sailed 5 years. What problems did you encounter?