Dinner

sabrinaswack

While I like Duffys and the food is good, I would head to either LuLus or Flip Flops for better atmosphere. Flip Flops is on the Intracoastal Waterway and the view is great. LuLus is oceanfront and a lot of fun. Both have amazing water views.

While I like Duffys and the food is good, I would head to either LuLus or Flip Flops for better atmosphere. Flip Flops is on the Intracoastal Waterway and the view is great. LuLus is oceanfront and a lot of fun. Both have amazing water views.

BlueHerons - we are going on the Allure in October. What hotel would you recommend? We usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th. We are not getting in until 7 PM the night before. Thanks!

BlueHerons - we are going on the Allure in October. What hotel would you recommend? We usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th. We are not getting in until 7 PM the night before. Thanks!

Honestly anything on 17th Street is good! Did you check rates for the Holiday Inn Express?

Would you have to book a table for these or can you just walk in?

Honestly anything on 17th Street is good! Did you check rates for the Holiday Inn Express?

No. I did not know the Holiday Inn Express was there. I'll check it out. We have always liked the Embassy Suites but several people have commented how dated it is. Wondering if we should switch to the Hyatt Place, Riverside, or Hyatt or Hilton on the waterway. We are booked there right now. $215 total with taxes and it includes picking us up at the FLL airport and taking us to the port. Good price for October. Just wondering how busy this time of year is there and if it would make sense to take a cab or uber to the port.

No. I did not know the Holiday Inn Express was there. I'll check it out. We have always liked the Embassy Suites but several people have commented how dated it is. Wondering if we should switch to the Hyatt Place, Riverside, or Hyatt or Hilton on the waterway. We are booked there right now. $215 total with taxes and it includes picking us up at the FLL airport and taking us to the port. Good price for October. Just wondering how busy this time of year is there and if it would make sense to take a cab or uber to the port.

If you book Hyatt Place with www.valuetrips.com the rate for October 2017 is $153.00....great price on this hotel and wonderful location. We used to stay at Embassy Suites and I agree last time there it felt very dated and the fact that they don't offer in room safe's...so Hyatt Place is our new favorite....great stay this past March pre-cruise.

Hyatt Place has a shuttle from FLL to their hotel for $2.00 per room (not per person) and using a taxi or Uber from the hotel to Port Everglades is cheap , easy and quick. They also include a great hot breakfast....and some of the friendliest, helpful staff we have seen.

Edited by Ashland