Singapore hotel - early check in

HELENPSL

Want to make a reservation at the Royal Plaza on Scotts but I'm unsure of how to handle this situation.

Check in is at 2PM. We are arriving at 8AM. Do you know if it is customary to charge an early check in fee or do you think I need to book the room for the night before so it's available upon arrival?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Helen

You might be lucky and allowed access at 8am. If so they most likely wont charge extra. It depends on bookings. They will always look after your luggage and let you use the swimming pool. If you wanted to be absolutely sure then book the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Want to make a reservation at the Royal Plaza on Scotts but I'm unsure of how to handle this situation.

Check in is at 2PM. We are arriving at 8AM. Do you know if it is customary to charge an early check in fee or do you think I need to book the room for the night before so it's available upon arrival?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Helen

We have stayed at Royal Plaza on Scott's Road...so excellent choice...we loved this hotel and especially the location.

Since we were arriving very early 5-6am we booked the hotel for the night before..I didn't want to take a chance.

Contact the hotel directly..they are very good about responding to emails...and explain your situation and concern.

I certainly wouldn't want to take a chance but then I was coming in from a very long flight originating in Los Angeles via Tokyo then on to Singapore.

When you book the room add a note that you will be arriving very early and that if your room isn't ready then you would like to store baggage. This will alert them to your early arrival and, if they can, they may be able to allocate you a room that has had an early check-out.

If your room isn't ready just leave your luggage there and get out and about around Singapore. If you've just arrived after a long flight that is the best thing to do as it will help reset your internal clock.

We've done a number of long flights (almost everywhere is along flight from Australia) and this is what we do on arrival.

If you want to be guaranteed the room you need to get it for the night before.

If you book it starting that day if the room is ready you will get it but otherwise you won't till it is available which could be 2:00 PM. Yes, you can note early check in on your reservation but no guarantee you can get it.

Keith

If you do what we usually do, not go to bed the day of arrival until about 7PM, I suggest arranging to leave your luggage with the hotel. We did that when we took a three day tour of Malaysia. Then take a taxi downtown and take in Singapore, or visit the Botanical Gardens that involves a 30 minute walk.

We loved that hotel.

Thanks everyone. We will be flying Orlando - San Francisco - Singapore for a total of about 24 hours. I think my best bet is to just book the room for the night before and not worry about it. I really do appreciate your input.

Helen

Thanks everyone. We will be flying Orlando - San Francisco - Singapore for a total of about 24 hours. I think my best bet is to just book the room for the night before and not worry about it. I really do appreciate your input.

Helen

I think you have made the right choice...enjoy knowing your room will be ready for checkin when you arrive...as you will be very tired.

We went straight to bed and were easily rested and ready to go out and walk around the nearby area of the hotel in the very early evening....

Enjoy this wonderful hotel and its location. A suggestion would be to take the MRT to Lau Pa Sat one evening (after 6:30pm) for their night time street food...the best Satay we've ever had so good we went back another evening

There are many good and inexpensive restaurants near the Royal Plaza on Scotts. There are some across the street and on the lower level of a mall as well as on the same side of the street (turn right exiting the hotel) and go to the building on the corner.

The food in Singapore was excellent, but the food in Malaysia was fantastic.