Restaurants QM2

Nclbella

I tried to search the forum, and did not come up with any info.

As far as I understand the buffet turns into 2 restaurants in the evening? Hubby and I are trying to decide where we want to eat in Halifax and Boston, and that will depend on what we eat aboard the ship. If anyone has any insight, or menus, we would appreciate it!

As far as I understand the buffet turns into 2 restaurants in the evening? Hubby and I are trying to decide where we want to eat in Halifax and Boston, and that will depend on what we eat aboard the ship. If anyone has any insight, or menus, we would appreciate it!

The link below should help you. You can also find there a sample of the menus.

http://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dining

If you type in what are the dining options on board? The answer should come up.

Edited by alibabacruisers

The Britania is the main dining room for all passengers except the Grills who have their own dining rooms, Princess and Queens. The buffet seems to become a mix of four stations and pop up restaurants depending on the evening.

The Golden Lion Pub and Todd English are the two specialty restaurants that have an additional charge applied.

Unless you have an allergy to seafood my go to answer for whats to eat when in Boston is chowder and lobster or Italian.

We are viviting Halifax this fall and I will be pigging out on lobster there as well. They may serve some sort of lobster onboard but I am quite sure it will NOT rival the fare offerd in those seaside cities ; -)

Actually, the Golden Lion Pub, which has great choices for lunch, doesn't have an additional charge.

Yes, that has also been my experience. As far as I know, dinner is not served in the Golden Lion Pub.

Good to know, I was sure I had read that some things on the menu were 'specialty items'.

Sorry for the misinformation ; -)

fyi to clarify the buffet and the pop ups;

Todd English

Lunch menu $5 - $12 per dish.

Dinner - $26 per person offering a 3 course meal.*

Kings Court - Buffet style dining throughout the day and into the evening. In addition an area of this restaurant becomes a speciality dining area with table service.

Lotus (Asian cuisine) - $10pp

The Carvery (British style carved roasts) - $10pp

La Piazza (Italian) - $10pp

Evening buffet (non themed) - Complimentary

Good to know, I was sure I had read that some things on the menu were 'specialty items'.

Sorry for the misinformation ; -)

fyi to clarify the buffet and the pop ups;

Todd English

Lunch menu $5 - $12 per dish.

Dinner - $26 per person offering a 3 course meal.*

Kings Court - Buffet style dining throughout the day and into the evening. In addition an area of this restaurant becomes a speciality dining area with table service.

Lotus (Asian cuisine) - $10pp

The Carvery (British style carved roasts) - $10pp

La Piazza (Italian) - $10pp

Evening buffet (non themed) - Complimentary

Thanks, I didn't know that Todd English offered a 3 course dinner meal for $26 pp. Sound like a good deal; much better than the last time I ate there :eek:

Edited by Salacia

As far as Halifax and Boston, I am looking forward to Ipswich clams and a variety of oysters. We live in FL and warm water oysters......not my favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As far as Halifax and Boston, I am looking forward to Ipswich clams and a variety of oysters.
For Oysters in Boston, go a little ways past the tourist default Union Oyster House and go to Neptune. You probably will have a short wait for a seat but they will have a variety of Oysters to sample - get 4 or 6 each of a few varieties and savor the differences in "merroir."

I posted this for someone else on another question

We have eaten in the Italian one on two trips both times the food was really good and for $ 10 each really reasonable. The 2 nights italian 2 asian and 2 indian. There have been good reports on the asian. You book by phone from room and choose your time, book early in the day if you want a window.

seat

For Oysters in Boston, go a little ways past the tourist default Union Oyster House and go to Neptune. You probably will have a short wait for a seat but they will have a variety of Oysters to sample - get 4 or 6 each of a few varieties and savor the differences in "merroir."

That is exactly what we are looking for, thank you so much. Straight forward on the half shell......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the math and decided that while a grill was out of the budget we could, if we found we didn't care for the Britannia, dine in Todd English for all of the following 7 nights for under 500.00!

Himself isn't fond of Indian, but we could try the Asian and Italian ; -)

On a recent crossing, we did Lotus (Asian) and Coriander (Indian) once each. These were pop-ups in the Kings Court area, and both were $10 per person. The cuisine at both was superb, better than Britannia, and as good as a very good independent resto in San Francisco, New York, or Paris. Also much better than what one finds on Seabourn. The staff took much pride in the quality and presentation. Sadly, the quality of the interior design of the transformed Kings Court space was truly tacky, sort of like a dressed up high school cafeteria. Cunard could do much better in that area with a tiny bit of effort.

We had dinner in Lotus last time and the food and service were excellent as well.

The more discerning passenger may have had issues though.....we didn't. We arrived promptly at 8:30 but they didn't start serving us until 9. We passed on coffee and dessert because just as we finished our entree, the experience was obviously over. They opened the walkway.....workers started walking through with utility buckets and the kitchen came alive with loud talking and very loud clanging of pots, pans, and dishes, and the lights went bright just outside our area.

We don't usually have dessert anyway so we were fine but I would recommend making reservations by 8pm.

Other than the timing....everything was flawless. :)