Has anyone used Spain Day Tours?

N51EC

My husband and I are looking for reasonably priced tours for Malaga and Barcelona and saw on the Seabourn site that someone was going to use Spain Day Tours but I would like some references if anyone has used them before. They are quite a bit less expensive than some other companies mentioned so I'm a tad wary (ie: 79 Euros/pp for transportation to and tour of the Alhambra). We are otherwise booked on the cruise ship's tour for these ports but realize we are paying a premium for that.

• 4 years later...

Date: October 19, 2014

Port: Barcelona, Spain

Docking time: d1600

For your private Barcelona tour we are happy to offer you:

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour - from your hotel

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - to the port

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van/mini-coach with luggage space

* Personal driver + expert English speaking guide - lovely person with very good English

* Complete flexibility during the tour (start time, length of stay in each place, modification to our suggested itinerary, restaurant visit if wanted, etc)

* High quality and personal excursion experience

The price for this high-quality day-trip based on only the 10 of you touring privately is:

* 44 Euros per person for the half day tour (4 hours - most popular option)

* 79 Euros per person for the full day tour (8 hours)

The price includes your own driver, English speaking guide, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, and all taxes. The price does not include admission fees, which on a typical tour is only needed at Park Guell if you wish to visit the site (most people choose to do this). We can reserve skip-the-line tickets for you in advance if you want to avoid the long queues – it will save you a lot of time and they are a third cheaper with the group rate!:-)

During the tour we will visit all the highlights of Barcelona (including La Sagrada Familia, Montjuic, National Palace, Park Guell if wanted, and more) and you will have time at each of the sites to explore the places and take photos. This is a great way to discover Barcelona and I am sure you will be very happy with your decision to travel with us!

Date: October 20, 2014

Port: Valencia, Spain

Docking time: 0800-1700

* 44 Euros per person for the half day tour (4 hours)

* 79 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit to Sagunto (8 hours)

Small group tour of 10-18 persons (if you wish to do this tour then you can sign up right away as we will have the minimum persons required to guarantee the half or full day tour!) - If you wish to book this option, I am happy to provide you with 2 free fares! :)

* 49 Euros per person for the half day tour (4 hours)

* 69 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit Sagunto (8 hours)

On this shore excursion you can expect:

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour - from the Valencia port

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - 100% in time for departure

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van

* Touring with a driver + English speaking guide

* High quality and personal experience

The price includes, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, driver and guide, and all taxes. You will have time to explore the places and take photos. On the half-day excursion we will explore Valencia - including the famous Cathedral which stands at a site of a former mosque, La Lonja which was declared a Unesco world heritage site, the Basilica of our lady, the central market (one of Europe's largest markets), and the 'Palacio Marques de Dos Aguas'. On the full day excursion, we will also a visit Sagunto, with its impressive Roman remains and Moorish constructions. There are impressive views on this excursion as well as a walk through the Jewish quarter - we recommend it.

Date: October 21, 2014

Port: Cartagena, Spain

For your shore excursion from Cartagena we are happy to offer you 2 options:

* Small-group tour with only 10-18 persons (if you wish to do this tour then you can sign up right away as we will have the minimum persons required to guarantee the half or full day tour!)

* 69 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit to Murcia (8 hours)

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour - from the Cartagena port

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour 100% on time

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van/mini-coach

* Flexible and accommodating service

The price includes transportation, your own driver, a dedicated expert English speaking guide, petrol, toll roads, parking, and all taxes. You will have time to explore the places and take photos.

On the half-day excursion we will explore Cartagena - including the Historic port city, the Roman Theatre, the old quarter and the conception park for great city views. On the full day excursion, we will also visit Murcia, with its impressive Cathedral, old quarter and the baroque sanctuary of Fuensanta (great views of Murcia). There are impressive views on this excursion as well as a walk through the old quarter of the two cities - we recommend this tour.

Thanks,

Jim Martin

(jhm680@gmail.com)

jhuntermartin on Cruise Critic

For any of these tours contact at Emilia at Spain Day Tours her email is info@spaindaytours.com put "Attn: Emilia" in the Subject Line

Hi!

I've taken tours with Barcelona Experience on several occasions....Gaston is a great tour guide. He speaks perfect English and knows & loves the city. His prices are really competitive compared to other private tour companies in Barcelona. Rates are more expensive than Spain Day Tours but those tours are always packed. I've seen them before and have been glad I didn't choose them. Same goes for cruise-sponsored tours.

Anyway, you should check out Barcelona Experience. I had a great time with them -- http://www.barcelonaexperience.com

• 4 weeks later...

Just used this company a couple weeks ago. Fantastic and would recommend anytime! You do not have to fill a group on your own. If you email them and there are groups started there, you can be added with no trouble. Pay on the day of. We used them for Seville and Alhambra.

Good day all! I'm looking to plan a private tour outside Barcelona: Girona, Costa Brava, Dali.

Would you also recommend www.barcelonaexperience.com? Any other company recommended?

Thank you!

I highly recommend this company:

http://www.kokopeliadventure.com/?page_id=391

Our family did their private tour to Girona last year, and I thought they were outstanding. Read reviews on Tripadvisor.

Thank you epixx! I will check them out for sure. Have you been to Tarragona by chance? Wondering if there is anything to see.

Thanks!

Joe

Hi Joe: No; we have not been to Tarragona. The only places near Barcelona that we've visited include Girona/Besalu and Montserrat.

• 2 weeks later...
Good day all! I'm looking to plan a private tour outside Barcelona: Girona, Costa Brava, Dali.

Would you also recommend www.barcelonaexperience.com? Any other company recommended?

Thank you!

Hey JVNYC! Did you ever contact Barcelona Experience or another tour guide? I haven't used another company because I was quite pleased with them but I'm interested to see who you chose.

• 2 weeks later...

Date: October 20, 2014

Port: Valencia, Spain

* 44 Euros per person for the half day tour (4 hours)

* 79 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit to Sagunto (8 hours)

Small group tour of 10-18 persons (if you wish to do this tour then you can sign up right away as we will have the minimum persons required to guarantee the half or full day tour!) - If you wish to book this option, I am happy to provide you with 2 free fares! :)

* 69 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit Sagunto (8 hours)

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour - from the Valencia port

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - 100% in time for departure

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van

The price includes, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, driver and guide, and all taxes. You will have time to explore the places and take photos. On the half-day excursion we will explore Valencia - including the famous Cathedral which stands at a site of a former mosque, La Lonja which was declared a Unesco world heritage site, the Basilica of our lady, the central market (one of Europe's largest markets), and the 'Palacio Marques de Dos Aguas'. On the full day excursion, we will also a visit Sagunto, with its impressive Roman remains and Moorish constructions. There are impressive views on this excursion as well as a walk through the Jewish quarter - we recommend it.

For any of these tours contact at Emilia at Spain Day Tours her email is info@spaindaytours.com put "Attn: Emilia" in the Subject Line

I also heard from Emilia at Spain Day Tours for a day in February.

They must charge by the van--and compared to what I'm finding elsewhere, the cost is quite high.

She quoted us a day in Valencia/Sagunto, same description, party of four, at 4*185 = EUR 740.

She did not say we could fill up a van at the same rate. Even if I infer that we can, we are finding other companies top-rated on Trip Advisor doing van-loads in private tours (6-12 of us splitting) for EUR 400-500.

I don't get it. I am having a struggle finding something reasonably priced in Valencia, as previously ranted on this board...

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2107960

There must be somebody who wants our business (???)

• 2 years later...
My husband and I are looking for reasonably priced tours for Malaga and Barcelona and saw on the Seabourn site that someone was going to use Spain Day Tours but I would like some references if anyone has used them before. They are quite a bit less expensive than some other companies mentioned so I'm a tad wary (ie: 79 Euros/pp for transportation to and tour of the Alhambra). We are otherwise booked on the cruise ship's tour for these ports but realize we are paying a premium for that.

Spain Day Tours is excellent. This will be our 4th tour with them.

• 1 month later...
Have used Spain Day Tours in three different ports. The tours have all been excellent. My first choice when in Spain.

On the tour from Cadiz to Seville, is there a large amount of walking? Any hills? Do they give you some time to rest during the tour?

On the tour from Cadiz to Seville, is there a large amount of walking? Any hills? Do they give you some time to rest during the tour?

You get time to eat lunch or have a snack. No hills that I remember. We didn't find it to be a large amount of walking.