Best Place on Seven Mile Beach please?

nicour

Last year we took the bus to Governors Beach. Swam out about a football field length to a small reef. Quite a few fish, but not like going out from the dive shop.

After we snorkeled, we walked down to Calico Jacks and spent the rest of the day. Probably a 5-10 min walk.

Thanks for the info. Governors Beach looks beautiful on google earth - it looks wider than the other beaches. It's location near Calico Jack's also would be nice but a football field is a pretty good way to be going.

Who knows maybe we'll walk down from cemetery beach and try them all.

Did you specifically want to go to Calico Jacks and passed other places you could have stopped at or is there not really anything until you reach Calico Jack's?

How far out into the water did you have to go until you saw anything interesting?

Thanks for your help.

Hi losbun, as you walk back along the beach (from Cemetery back to Calico Jack's), there are smaller hotel type places, but I don't remember any bar/restaurant options (if that is what you mean). We specifically intended to go to Calico Jack's, somewhat of a tradition for us.

You did not have to go far out in the water at all at Cemetery to see something interesting.

Have fun.

Hi losbun, as you walk back along the beach (from Cemetery back to Calico Jack's), there are smaller hotel type places, but I don't remember any bar/restaurant options (if that is what you mean). We specifically intended to go to Calico Jack's, somewhat of a tradition for us.

You did not have to go far out in the water at all at Cemetery to see something interesting.

Have fun.

Does Calico Jacks have music playing during the day?

• 2 weeks later...
Does Royal Palms, Tiki Beach, or Calico Jacks have a pool area with shade? Which one is best if we want more of an adult atmosphere?

Only Royal Palms has a pool, and it's adults-only. Personally, I've found it to be a little more adult-focused than the other two areas, if only because Calico Jack's is next to Public Beach (playground) and Tiki Beach caters to a lot of cruise ship excursions.

If you get off the bus at Royal Palm and wanted to walk down the beach to Calico Jacks, how far would that be? 10 min walk???? Can you get back on the bus or get a cab at either of these? Thanks Lisa:o

Probably more like 20 minute walk, I'd think, depending on your speed. All of the popular spots are going to have easily available taxis, and the bus travels past all of them along West Bay Road.

Do all three have music and maybe a DJ and contests? Thanks.

I doubt it. Maybe music, but likely just a CD. That kind of thing would be found in the evenings or maybe holidays and special occasions.

Thanks. When we were there a couple of years ago, there was loud music and contests and crowds. We prefer to listen to our own music with ear buds.

Was it a holiday or weekend? I haven't seen anything like that going on during the day at other times. I'm curious to know when and where that was, so I can avoid the area at similar times...

If it was a holiday, I did not know it. We had never been to SMB so did not know what to expect. It was what I would imagine for a college student spring break. Maybe a little milder. I will see if I can find the dates.

That's too bad. Cayman really doesn't get that typical Cancun spring break crowd of drunk college students...it's too expensive for the most part. The vacationers that would be around in the daytime are generally not a rowdy bunch, at least in my experience. My only guess is that it was a holiday or there was some special function going on, maybe a Pirates Week party? Hopefully your next visit will be calmer...

• 1 month later...
Hi There

Does anyone know if Royal Palms also rents umbrellas or just chairs? Thanks

Cyndi

$7.00 for a beach chair. $10.00 for a basic umbrella, $15 for a larger on.

Is Royal Palms a beach resort that have day passes for cruise passengers?

Or it is a resort on the public beach where you enter the beach?

I'm confused. Thank you for your help.

$2.00 pp entry for use of the pool.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
How far away is Calico Jacks? Is there shuttles? How long does it take to get there and what is cost to get to that beach?

Thank you

Most of the info you need is in post #2 of this much more recent thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2299895

To get to Calico Jacks you can take a taxi or bus. Bus, $2.50 US pp each way, catch near the library downtown, I believe. Taxi, about $5 US pp each way, available right at the port area. About 10 minutes or so to get there, unless there's traffic.