Upgrading From Basic To Premium Beverage Package

curtdesilets

As a perk on our upcoming Solstice cruise, they threw in the Classic Beverage Package.

How do I go about upgrading it to PREMIUM?

Do I have to do it prior to sailing? Can I upgrade on board? And How much is the upgrade?

Any help would be appreciated, as I think it might be worth it to upgrade. Thanks!

wait until you get on the ship...there is no advantage to buying it in advance. By waiting, you may find that what you like is included in the classic package or if you decide to upgrade, you can use any On Board Credit to pay for the upgrade. If you buy in advance, you pay in advance (and can't use your OBC).

wait until you get on the ship...there is no advantage to buying it in advance. By waiting, you may find that what you like is included in the classic package or if you decide to upgrade, you can use any On Board Credit to pay for the upgrade. If you buy in advance, you pay in advance (and can't use your OBC).

I think that may be the ticket. I hat to put out a lot of money up front, especially if something happens last minute and we have to cancel the cruise or something. Not that that's ever happened, but it is a possibility.

Do you just see the front desk to purchase the upgrade, or a bartender?

you can buy the upgrade from any bartender. BTW, if you can't take the cruise and cancel any time prior to the cruise, any money you've paid up front for excursions, specialty meals, drink upgrades, etc is refunded.

I don't need any more stress when I cruise. I was stressing big time on our last cruise as our flight was scheduled to arrive in Seattle @ 1pm for a 4pm sailing, and there were 3 major activities going on in downtown Seattle. I was under the impression because of Homeland Security that if you do not arrive at the pier and get checked in 1 hour prior to sailing, you do not sail. Turns out that wasn't the case and we made it on board with no problems. I might not want to schedule such a tight window again, just to alleviate that unnecessary stress!

Upgrade difference is $ 10 US per day (night actually) plus Grats = Total $ 11.50 US

You can buy ahead by calling Celebrity and asking for the 123Go Classic to Premium Upgrade or buy when you are onboard.

Best idea is to take a look at what is offered on each Pkg and then decide which is the best one for you dependent on your preferences (because you already have a pkg preferences trump consumption)

Check out the Official Bevvy Pkg Lists as provided by CELEBRITY CRUISES (Official Rep) who posted them here on CC after the last change in May

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

Cheers!

If you want to upgrade ahead of time the number to call is 800-722-5941 (was on the phone with them this morning and asked about this exact topic).

As I understand it (I'm a Celebrity first timer) Celebrity embosses the package type on the card if you pay in advance, which some prefer as it is more durable than the stickers. I'll probably upgrade just ahead of my cruise so the expense falls on the same credit card statement as it would have if I upgraded on-board.

Edited by JasonV1

I don't need any more stress when I cruise. I was stressing big time on our last cruise as our flight was scheduled to arrive in Seattle @ 1pm for a 4pm sailing, and there were 3 major activities going on in downtown Seattle. I was under the impression because of Homeland Security that if you do not arrive at the pier and get checked in 1 hour prior to sailing, you do not sail. Turns out that wasn't the case and we made it on board with no problems. I might not want to schedule such a tight window again, just to alleviate that unnecessary stress!

The ship does say that you must be checked in 90 minutes ahead of time as they state they must submit a final manifest 60 minutes before departure. I don't know if that allows them some cushion or if it is in fact enforced, but I sure wouldn't want to test it. We always plan on being at the ship by noon or shortly thereafter. If a flight wouldn't arrive until 1PM on the day of a 4PM sailing then I'd fly in the day before or find some way to get in earlier. It just wouldn't be worth the risk or stress to us.

If you get it the day you board... do they charge you the last day (disembarkation day)... being that you get off the ship by 8 or 9 am..

They charge by the night not the day. So you'll be charged for all remaining nights of the cruise if you buy a package or upgrade on board.

As a perk on our upcoming Solstice cruise, they threw in the Classic Beverage Package.

How do I go about upgrading it to PREMIUM?

I would absolutely agree with waiting until on board, I was completely fine on the Classic, for me it all depended on the wines available on the classic and they were good for me!

Any bar will do the upgrade

Edited by SWORRUB1
my usual p...poor spelling!

Keep in mind that the various published lists are different and there are variations on some ships (shouldn't be, but there are). Suggest you find out if you're drink of choice is on the classic package on your cruise before you upgrade.

Upgrade. It is only $11.50. That is the cost of a drink in a bar. Plus you can way more choices. I have always done the upgrade. Even if it is just for my martinis. Cheers

Plus there is the advantage to the Premium of just paying the cost difference on any items that are above the max price limit (ie a $ 15 item just costs $ 2 extra on your SeaPass Account) whereas on the Classic if you buy anything over the max price limit ($ 6 for Beer, $ 8 for Spirits, and $ 9 for wine you pay the entire amount)... So that wonderful Craft Beer at $ 10, costs you $ 10 + Grat = $ 11.50 on your SeaPass Account.

--- --- ---

As for Lists...

Celebrity Official Bevvy List that i posted above (Reply # 8) is the main one for what is included on which packages.

However availability can differ ship to ship or even cruise to cruise... It all depends where in the world the ship is... customer consumption / Restocking... And Customer preferences / local products etc

--- --- ---

As for buying ahead vs on the ship

As said previously, it makes very little difference. Many wait to be on the ship to see what is available and what else they might want to try (like the bigger / fancier drinks from the Martini Bar / Molecular Bar)

As for imprints vs stickers... We have had both. The stickers are quite durable... Never really had any issues with them.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Since Celebrity lets you upgrade until the second night on a 7+ night sailing (you get pro-rated charge), I would wait and see if the Classic package may have enough variety for you. You can upgrade at any bar - although sometimes they will have special tables setup (only saw this on the first night one last Summit cruise).

For example, we are cruising Hi next spring. The first 5 days are on the islands and the last 5 are on the ship to Vancouver. It would make more sense for us to upgrade when we are the ship all the time. Is this allowed.

For example, we are cruising Hi next spring. The first 5 days are on the islands and the last 5 are on the ship to Vancouver. It would make more sense for us to upgrade when we are the ship all the time. Is this allowed.

No. You need to purchase for the entire sailing. You can decide to purchase up until the second night on 7+ night sailings. But you will pay for all the nights. You can't cherry pick certain ones.

No. You need to purchase for the entire sailing. You can decide to purchase up until the second night on 7+ night sailings. But you will pay for all the nights. You can't cherry pick certain ones.

I do not believe this is correct. I believe that the policies for upgrading a package are the same as for purchasing a package. I know, from personal experience, that you can purchase a package well into the cruise. You can not cherry pick certain nights as you have to pay a price for ALL of the remaining nights but it is prorated so you do not pay for any nights that were before the time of purchase.

In my case, we purchased a package once on a 15 night cruise on the 6th day and paid only the remaining nights.

They do cut off purchases at some point which I believe is 2 or 3 nights before the end of the cruise - so I'd recommend checking this cut off date once on board to keep it in mind as well as confirming what I am saying here overall.

I do not believe this is correct. I believe that the policies for upgrading a package are the same as for purchasing a package. I know, from personal experience, that you can purchase a package well into the cruise. You can not cherry pick certain nights as you have to pay a price for ALL of the remaining nights but it is prorated so you do not pay for any nights that were before the time of purchase.

In my case, we purchased a package once on a 15 night cruise on the 6th day and paid only the remaining nights.

They do cut off purchases at some point which I believe is 2 or 3 nights before the end of the cruise - so I'd recommend checking this cut off date once on board to keep it in mind as well as confirming what I am saying here overall.

Thank you for keeping me honest. I think I was confusing this with how Carnival handles their "Cheers" package.

100% Agree with LSIMON

In your case you are not cherry picking... You plan to start on one pkg and then upgrade to another (cherry picking would mean random not continuous days, which is not possible on any Bevvy Pkg)

An Upgrade can indeed be purchased... as long as you are within the scope of time that the Ship is selling Pkgs

So in your example... You could start out on Classic, and as long as the Ship is still selling Pkgs upgrade to the Premium for the At Sea trip to Vancouver

My best advice is to ask Guest Relations when you are onboard what will be the last day to buy a pkg

Cheers!

We have always upgraded in advance, it's embossed on our cruise cards and we don't have to worry about it. Anything I can get done in advance of the trip is well worth it to me. Plus, we know we enjoy the martini bar and its full assortment of martinis, the Molecular Bar, the chance to order more expensive wines or drinks and just pay the difference, and the preium bottled and sparkling waters. $11.50 pp per day is well worth it, at least for us.