info air/water temp. Society Is. Rarotanga, Aitutaki(Cook Is)late July early Aug

Dunner

I have only been to the Society Islands once in September and the weather was perfect to me. I am considering going to the Society and Southern Cook Islands at the end of July early August. I am looking for some input from people that have gone at that time of year on the air/ water temp. I have read some reviews that said both are around 75 degrees.

75 degrees at home is a beautiful day but I probably wouldn't have any interest in going in the water if the air is only in the 70's and for sure I am not a fan of cold water . Also the wind would make it kind of cool. The private island beach day wouldn't be the same. Hoping the info I have been reading is inaccurate.

I have only been to the Society Islands once in September and the weather was perfect to me. I am considering going to the Society and Southern Cook Islands at the end of July early August. I am looking for some input from people that have gone at that time of year on the air/ water temp. I have read some reviews that said both are around 75 degrees.

75 degrees at home is a beautiful day but I probably wouldn't have any interest in going in the water if the air is only in the 70's and for sure I am not a fan of cold water . Also the wind would make it kind of cool. The private island beach day wouldn't be the same. Hoping the info I have been reading is inaccurate.

You'll find that air and water don't change very much during the year. Those months are the typhoon(hurricane) season .

You'll find that air and water don't change very much during the year. Those months are the typhoon(hurricane) season .

I think you are mistaken. The Cook Islands typhoon season is November to March.

The dry season in the Cooks is June to October.

I went to the Cooks in November. In Aitutaki we found that whilst the water that came thru the pass was a little cool most of the lagoon was lovely.

That being said weather is unpredictable. We just returned from a trip on the Tere Moana and had 42 degree days and much of Europe was an absolute oven. So there are no guarantees.

In the Society Islands weather will be similar to what we had in September. Maybe about 1 degree cooler. There should be no difference in the Private Island temps as that's in the societies. Motu usually goes in June/ July so he should be able to update you. We went with him and Molokai Chuck in July one year.

Edited by Emdee

I see you are from Canada - isn't 70s hot weather for you (j/k)? We were there in mid-August 2013 and I don't have precise weather info for you other than it was "nice". We wore swim suits and rash guard shirts as we had an excursion booked with our kids who were in the AOTE program. We swam and walked and were never cold but we also weren't hot and sweaty.

I'd say it was perfect weather and one very memorable day. We each got pictures holding a bright blue starfish. It is a very remote island and very sedate and relaxing.

The weather is always a bit more stable in the Society Islands compared to the Cooks.

This is because the distance between the equator and the Society Islands is less than that between the equator and lest say Rarotonga.

The closer you are to the equator the more constant heat and humidity you will have.

Water temp will be warmer in the Socirty Islands.

In June and July Rarotonga can require a light jacket at night and the water will be 10 to 12 degrees colder than the Society Islands.

I.ve been to the Society Islands 20 some times over the last 20 years and have been in the Cooks about 5 times in that same time period, I know what I'm talking about

The weather is always a bit more stable in the Society Islands compared to the Cooks.

This is because the distance between the equator and the Society Islands is less than that between the equator and lest say Rarotonga.

The closer you are to the equator the more constant heat and humidity you will have.

Water temp will be warmer in the Socirty Islands.

In June and July Rarotonga can require a light jacket at night and the water will be 10 to 12 degrees colder than the Society Islands.

I.ve been to the Society Islands 20 some times over the last 20 years and have been in the Cooks about 5 times in that same time period, I know what I'm talking about

What months were you in the Cooks, TBH?

TBH?

When you,ve been there several times you forget the exact months though I can easily remember it being chilly a few times which was technically there winter, our summer, much cooler than FP, which is 4-5 degrees closer to the equator, this isn't hard to figure out, just go pull the annual temps for both PPT and RAR, match up the months, it's a no brainier.

Which month did you enjoy your best French Wine? That's right, easy to forget when you had so many ;)

TBH?

When you,ve been there several times you forget the exact months though I can easily remember it being chilly a few times which was technically there winter, our summer, much cooler than FP, which is 4-5 degrees closer to the equator, this isn't hard to figure out, just go pull the annual temps for both PPT and RAR, match up the months, it's a no brainier.

Which month did you enjoy your best French Wine? That's right, easy to forget when you had so many ;)

Should be TBK..