Review of Blue hole

paradise4me

We just got back from our Xmas cruise and went to the Blue Hole with Ricardo Riley from Liberty tours. I dont post reviews but so many people have quesstions so I thought to give my opinion. We went out of Falmouth to the blue hole and scotchies. I booked online with Liberty after some research and got confirmation with Ricardo. It was great when we were driving to the port for him to call me to confirm again. Got us pumped up for sure. Hes such a great guy. We felt completely comfortable with him The drive was long but I love looking at the island and the people and all of it. He stopped along the way for us to sample some jamacian pudding stuff that was delicious. We went to the blue hole and spent a couple hours there. that was my favorite excursion I have done and Ive done tons of them. dont forget water shoes is the biggest tip and go outside of your comfort zone, its so worth it! Then he took us to Scotchies for lunch which I have no idea how their chicken tastes like heaven, it just does. Then back to the port with no problem. I cant wait to go back to see my friend Ricardo!!

I really enjoy being out in scenery in new places, but I don't enjoy swimming and I tried zip lining and didn't enjoy that. My daughter would be very tentative about jumping. What would you say to someone who is apprehensive (and has family members who would love this)?

I really enjoy being out in scenery in new places, but I don't enjoy swimming and I tried zip lining and didn't enjoy that. My daughter would be very tentative about jumping. What would you say to someone who is apprehensive (and has family members who would love this)?

We were there in November. I am not a very good swimmer myself. I did the first rather small jump. Thought I was going to die! :)

I refused to do any more jumps. I was able to sit on the edge and "plop" into the water the rest of the way. I also think that you do not have to go in the water if you don't want to. I believe you can stay up above and see everyone down jumping. They do provide life jackets if needed. Maybe your daughter would feel less apprehensive with one on. I to have to be totally honest with you though, if you do not love swimming, then this is not the place for you.

However, your family that would love it, WILL love it!

If you are like me though, I get just as much trill watching my family having a blast, so I would be just as happy being a spectator and watching them have the time of their lives!

Hope this helps a little bit!

i would say that the guides are exremely trustworthy and only want you to have a good time. They really do keep you safe. I am older and didnt have any intention of jumping off and ended up jumping off the highest. They are great people and I really trusted them.

we paid 65.00 per person which included lunch at scotchies and admission into the blue hole. We tipped them all really well because it was the best excursion I have even been on. I booked it 2 weeks out but when he called me to confirm the day before our cruise he said it was just us in his group but if other people contacted him could they join us. You could ask him for a private tour. He would probably accomodate you up until the day before if you email him.

• 1 month later...

Here is the link to our highlight video including the blue hole

Great Video!!!!

Did Ricardo stop to take pics of scenic spots while going to the Blue Hole? How much time were you at the Blue Hole?

Also, the Zip Line, did you hold your video camera or GoPro or put it on your head? Can you bring a good DSLR camera and wear over your neck? If not, can you wear a knapsack with the camera inside while on the zipline so I can take a pic on top of the mountain for that great view? Can you book the zip line while at the beach?

You mentioned that this was a Christmas cruise. I assume this was a very busy travel week? I'm looking at going there over Easter break which is another busy time of the year. Were the crowds crazy in this area or was it somewhat manageable and not feeling like a ton of people crowded into a small little hole area? I'm interested in going but I don't want to go if it is going to be swarming with people. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

We also did Blue Hole with Liberty Tours and Ricardo. By the end of the day you will feel as if you've known him forever. This was the best excursion we've ever been on also. SO much so that we're doing the same excursion this summer.

It was busy there but manageable for sure. Everyone was having so much fun. There are tour guides for each group so it separates things . we only used go pros on chest straps. The guide took our go pro and jumped off the top of the tree. Libertytoursjamaica.com is the website. I wouldnt bring a regular camera unless someone is just staying at the top watching.

they wont let you bring a backpack on the zipline. we actually used go pros for that too we got exceptional pics, go pros are great! we had them strapped on our wrist and my daughter had hers on her ankle which cracked up the guides but it worked great :)

also you probably could sign up for the zipline when you get there but it gets really hot out there so we always go early. we where the second group out. You do a small run to get used to it. That is my favorite excursion and I will continue to do it every time I go to Labadee :)

I was at the Blue Hole last week with Courtney Taylor tours. Unfortunately we were very disappointed. It was VERY busy!! There had to be about 12 vans or more. We felt like herded cattle; our guide pushing us along line ups to wait to jump in the water. $15 plus tip for 3 jumps! Many reports said it was a great activity for all ages, but the children (9 & 12) and seniors in our group found it too scary to jump. We did not have time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings but we pushed along and hurried out. We traveled from Falmouth, and it took about 2 hours to get there; much more than I was expecting. I was really looking forward to the Blue Hole and I'm a traveler who tries to look for the positive. I am not usually negative about activities, but I'm afraid we did not enjoy this excursion.

I was at the Blue Hole last week with Courtney Taylor tours. Unfortunately we were very disappointed. It was VERY busy!! There had to be about 12 vans or more. We felt like herded cattle; our guide pushing us along line ups to wait to jump in the water. $15 plus tip for 3 jumps! Many reports said it was a great activity for all ages, but the children (9 & 12) and seniors in our group found it too scary to jump. We did not have time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings but we pushed along and hurried out. We traveled from Falmouth, and it took about 2 hours to get there; much more than I was expecting. I was really looking forward to the Blue Hole and I'm a traveler who tries to look for the positive. I am not usually negative about activities, but I'm afraid we did not enjoy this excursion.

Thank you. I am going to Falmouth next week and have been going back and forth re: doing Blue hole. It looks fun, but the crowds over spring break (myself included ) makes me wonder if it will feel super crowded there. I also didn't want to drive for an hour and a half. I may reconsider going. Thanks.