Free Beaches in Nassau and Freeport

molme

Junkanoo Beach is free and within walking distance from the Nassau port. It is not as nice as Cable Beach though. There is a Bikini Tiki Hut that sells cheap food and very cheap drinks on Junkanoo. And it is near Senior Frogs :)

Looking for beaches to go to and just sit and enjoy the sun and water without having to pay for all the extras.

In Freeport for $10 pp/rt you can get to Lucaya beach. You are dropped off in front of a hotel and there is a little bit of a walk to the public access path. Just ask someone to point the way. It is beside a police dept.

For $14 pp/rt you can go to Taino beach. There is a public bathroom at this beach. The beach here is somewhat wider than Lucaya. But if you like to walk the beach Lucaya would have a longer stretch for walking and more solitude as you walk a ways down.

• 2 months later...
Any ideas other than Junkanoo beach In Nassau

There are free beach parks, but these are not necessarily safe. You would be an easy target for crime as they could be somewhat isolated and no regular police presence.

Any ideas other than Junkanoo beach In Nassau

There is also Saunders Beach. Located about halfway from the pier to the Melia Resort on Bay Street. After the fish fry area but before you reach Cable Beach. Just tell the jitney bus or taxi driver and they will drop you right where you need to be. :)

Junkanoo Beach is free and within walking distance from the Nassau port. It is not as nice as Cable Beach though. There is a Bikini Tiki Hut that sells cheap food and very cheap drinks on Junkanoo. And it is near Senior Frogs :)

I would also vote for Junkanoo Beach and Bikini Tiki Hut. Not only were the drinks very reasonable, but they offered free Wi-Fi when we were there last October. The employees were super friendly and they did not care that my wife and I shared an 'all you can drink' coconut. We were able to try several different frozen drinks, all of which were delicious.

People will try to rent you chairs and there were a few vendors but they were not pushy. I'm not a big fan of Nassau, but I would go back to the Bikini Tiki Hut.

• 2 weeks later...