Type of Champagne served onboard?

SRV FAN

On my recent cruise on the Navigator, I had the Premium drink package & drank mostly champagne, as it was better than the wine they served.

I never thought to look at the label or ask the brand at the time. Now, I'd like to buy some stateside & have no clue... I thought I'd recognize the bottle if I saw it in the liquor store.... Um, no.

Anyone know the "house" brand champagne they serve on the Navigator?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With the new UP promotion we were able to enjoy Moet & Chanson at no extra charge. The package included a complimentary bottle of Domaine Chandon in the stateroom. I also noticed DC was the mixer used in the bellinis at Champagne Bar. Oasis

With the new UP promotion we were able to enjoy Moet & Chanson at no extra charge. The package included a complimentary bottle of Domaine Chandon in the stateroom. I also noticed DC was the mixer used in the bellinis at Champagne Bar. Oasis

Was it in your stateroom on embarkation day? I was going to order a bottle to have in the cabin for when we arrived but if we're already gettin one I won't bother.

Oh please do tell…… Where was the "bottomless" glass of Moet Chandon served? Because it is a special, is it available at all bars or do you have to go to the champagne bar?

The Moet Chandon was available only at the Champagne Bar.

Multiple times at other locations on our recent Oasis cruise I would get sparkling wine in other locations, but could always count on the Champagne Bar to have my Moet & Chandon.

After a week of cruising, and always going into the Champagne Bar, I got to know the bartenders there - some of the best on the fleet!! :D

....and if you have pre-booked your Ultimate Beverage Package before your sailing during this holiday season, the special promo bottle of Moet Chandon will be in your stateroom on arrival!

Enjoy and Happy Sailing!

Thank you for the response. We are sailing on the christmas cruise on the Indy. I am so looking forward to the ultimate package to enjoy the "bottomless" Moet. It is my favorite. I usually bring a couple bottles on board but now i don't have to this time. Just was hoping because of it being a special, just for a short period of time that they might make the champagne available at more than just at the champagne bar. Anyone know the hours of the champagne bar? or does it vary from ship to ship?

My experience with the Ultimate Package promotion last week on Oasis...

I did not receive a bottle of champagne in my stateroom when I arrived, however, my sister in the next stateroom did. I brought this to the attention of guest services and the lady didn't know what I was talking about. Luckily I was able to show her the promotion on my cellphone and she took care of it.

The website also states that Moet would be served in ALL bars and restaurants. I put this to the test. Went to Sabor bar on boardwalk and the bartender told me they didn't have it. I walked towards Promenade and saw a beverage sales table set up. I asked the gentleman wearing a uniform who was selling the packages if in fact it was available at all bars. He emphatically said ABSOLUTELY! Every bar.

I told him that the Sabor bar didn't have any and they had told me to go to Champagne Bar for it. Visibly agitated, he immediately reached for his phone and told me to go back there because they should have it and he would make sure of it. I never bothered because I was near the Champagne Bar and went there instead.

That evening we had dinner at Giovanni's Table and were served Moet before dinner.

The next day I wandered over to Central Park bar and asked for a glass, the bartender gave a stone-faced look and said they were all out. I asked him if there was no way they could restock it? It didn't make sense that they would be completely out and not have someone run out to get another case....

I went up to the pool bar to see if I would have any luck with that. Exact same story. Bartender told me they just ran out and didn't have anymore, try the other bar. By now I was getting frustrated as I was getting some kind of runaround and demanded to speak to his supervisor. He pointed him out to me so I went to confront him and ask why all the bars were giving me a runaround when this was clearly a promotion by RC and no one had any bottles in stock. He agreed and told me the promotion is still in its early stages but promised by Day 3 all bars would be stocked. He promptly took my stateroom number and promised me a bottle.

That evening, returning from dinner... low and behold, a bucket with 2 champagne flutes and a bottle of Moet & Chandon on ice compliments of the beverage department. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess? BTW I did in fact see Moet at the pool bars the rest of the week.

All my specialty dining venues had it readily available that week. Tuesday in Silk main dining room our table was served it all through dinner. However, on Thursday (formal/lobster night) we asked for a glass before dinner. The beverage waiter came back and said they were all out of Moet. ??? Made no sense. No effort whatsoever to accommodate our request.

I literally got up and went to Champagne Bar to retrieve my own glass. Whatever happened to bending over backwards for the customer? I figure that now that they are receiving pre-paid gratuities they don't really need to go that extra mile.

Was the UP package worth it? For me Absolutely! Even without the ever-flowing Moet. Just wish there was more consistency between all the bars. Though after reading a few experiences on these boards I kind of expected some issues.

Cheers!

Wow,

I guess I will have to let DH deal with the situation of not providing a beverage that is on the package list. He...........um..........handles situations much more calmly than I do.......................................

I guess because there is no room for my broom in my suitcase:D. I will have to behave.

Sea Ya

Now that was the PERFECT review and what I have been looking for all week. THANK YOU THANK YOU for clarifying. SO… It should be available at all bars not just the champagne bar. NOW THATS A DEAL. Thank you again for the details. Cant wait for my Christmas cruise on INDY:):):)

Now that was the PERFECT review and what I have been looking for all week. THANK YOU THANK YOU for clarifying. SO… It should be available at all bars not just the champagne bar. NOW THATS A DEAL. Thank you again for the details. Cant wait for my Christmas cruise on INDY:):):)

Glad to help. They also served it in the theater before the show. Only Vintages did not carry it as it's a wine bar just as you cannot buy any beer at Champagne Bar.

Not everyone is clued in on this promotion. I met a man at the pool bar and noticed the UP sticker on his seapass card and asked if he received his complementary bottle in his stateroom. He never heard anything about this promo. Not even the $17 Moet by the glass. Thanks to CC forums or I would never have heard of it either.

Thank you for this. I know this can vary by ship, and I'm on the NOS this Sunday. I thought if only the Champagne bar (Or R bar on Nav) had the Moet, there might be quite the line both in the AM and evening. Heck all day. I certainly hope the NOS has it at various bars and if not I'll come back and let people know.