Cruising by yourself

Sooners@15

I have never cruised by myself, the RCL has some great prices for 4 day crusies this fall. Is it weird to do it by yourself?

Many people cruise solo and CC has a separate forum on Solo cruising under *Special Interest Cruising*.

RCI has weekly specials and you may catch a single supplement fare of 150% instead of 200%.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I always cruise by myself; I don't have to listen to someone else in the cabin snoring at night, keeping me awake. I also HATE :D sharing that little bathroom with someone. With Princess, my cruises generally run me 150-170% of the basic cruise price. This is dependent on the length of the cruise and the category of the cabin. Personally I don't complain too much (smirk) for the price of my private cabin.

Edited by Treven

OP

I see that you will be traveling from Oklahoma.

You have to decide if it is worth the flight to do a 4 day cruise. JMO -- I wouldn't do it. A 7 day cruise would be more worth it.

Yeah j agree. Only a couple of extra days off work to cover the flights you need

Better than just a weekend effectively

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do a mock booking on Carnival for one person and see if they have some deals for solo's in your time frame. I'm sailing solo next month for the 3rd time and and doing a full week in a oceanview for under 100.00 a day with some OBC to pay for tips and a few drinks. :)

I have never cruised by myself, the RCL has some great prices for 4 day crusies this fall. Is it weird to do it by yourself?

This was discussed on the RCI board, someone asking about cruising in an inside cabin. She decided to book it and had a fabulous solo cruise- here's her thank you/review to those who assisted on CC (first post): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095783. :)

No. I've been on 25 cruises and only shared a cabin twice. There are even some ships that have cabins for solo cruisers. On many of my cruises I did not know anyone on board the ship before I boarded the ship.

Edited by Cuizer2