Local Bars

rnpond

We are a group of four ladies, and we are really not looking for an excursion. We would rather walk around on our own or take a taxi. My question is are there several bars rather close together that we could check out? Bars with atmosphere, great drinks and good snacks! And maybe on the beach or with a view of the water? Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Nikke

wellllllllll

as u c there are few recommendations

you can stay downtown and do the M'ville thing .....

OR

go to the best bar on the island

grab a cab and ask to be taken to Sunset House' My Bar (or walk).

It is only ONE but I think they can keep you entertained.

wellllllllll

as u c there are few recommendations

you can stay downtown and do the M'ville thing .....

OR

go to the best bar on the island

grab a cab and ask to be taken to Sunset House' My Bar (or walk).

It is only ONE but I think they can keep you entertained.

How far of a walk is it to My Bar from the pier to get back to the ships ? Thanks for your info.

it is less than a mile . . .

Just minutes from George Town, Grand Cayman, Seaharvest Restaurant and My Bar, located at Sunset House, are the essential Caribbean experience.

My Bar is a huge open-sided, thatch-roofed cabana with the largest, and at times the liveliest, outdoor bar in Grand Cayman. This ‘Best of Caribbean’ award winner has been a favourite for tourists and locals for the past 50 years. Standing on the water’s edge at Sunset House, it is, for many people, the location of treasured memories. Appealing to young and old it occupies a central place in the life of the Island.

Hours M-F 10:00 AM – 1:00 AM

Sat 10:00 AM – Midnight

Sun 11:30 AM – Midnight

MyBar-small2.jpg

it might be a 15 minute walk,we stayed at Sunset House and walked into Georgetown 3 times one day.

it is less than a mile . . .

Just minutes from George Town, Grand Cayman, Seaharvest Restaurant and My Bar, located at Sunset House, are the essential Caribbean experience.

My Bar is a huge open-sided, thatch-roofed cabana with the largest, and at times the liveliest, outdoor bar in Grand Cayman. This ‘Best of Caribbean’ award winner has been a favourite for tourists and locals for the past 50 years. Standing on the water’s edge at Sunset House, it is, for many people, the location of treasured memories. Appealing to young and old it occupies a central place in the life of the Island.

Hours M-F 10:00 AM – 1:00 AM

Sat 10:00 AM – Midnight

Sun 11:30 AM – Midnight

MyBar-small2.jpg

Thanks to both Curacaoqueen & Capt BJ for the info, sounds like a nice place to go to after our tour is over.

Your title made me laugh because of an experience we had in GC. We've been there many times including some land stays, and about 5 years ago, while on a cruise, we did the Stingray City tour with some friends who'd never been there before. We had a great time and on our way back into town, we asked our shuttle driver to take us to a "local bar" or someplace off the beaten path that tourists might not know about. Now, we had in our heads that he'd take us to some beach shack, or a place where there was a local cooking out back with icy beer in a cooler. HA! He took us to a bar that was "in town" but not near the beach, and we went in and it was like a "disco" or "nightclub" and there were about 5 other taxi drivers in there. It was crazy surreal. We were sitting in a disco in the middle of the afternoon in Georgetown. We laughed and had our $1 tap beer, thanked our driver and walked back to the waterfront.

Was our own fault....we asked for something local and not touristy!!!! :)

Your title made me laugh because of an experience we had in GC. We've been there many times including some land stays, and about 5 years ago, while on a cruise, we did the Stingray City tour with some friends who'd never been there before. We had a great time and on our way back into town, we asked our shuttle driver to take us to a "local bar" or someplace off the beaten path that tourists might not know about. Now, we had in our heads that he'd take us to some beach shack, or a place where there was a local cooking out back with icy beer in a cooler. HA! He took us to a bar that was "in town" but not near the beach, and we went in and it was like a "disco" or "nightclub" and there were about 5 other taxi drivers in there. It was crazy surreal. We were sitting in a disco in the middle of the afternoon in Georgetown. We laughed and had our $1 tap beer, thanked our driver and walked back to the waterfront.

Was our own fault....we asked for something local and not touristy!!!! :)

Funny story..........thanks for sharing.

Not much in the way of a pub crawl on GCM, My Bar is a good choice for a couple drinks.

We like Coconut Joe's, an open-air place across the street from Comfort Suites and the Marriott on SMB. Great staff and a funky place with food & drink specials and a short taxi from town.

Stingers is another bar at Comfort Suites, stop in for a drink before heading to your 3rd stop.

A 10 min walk for there is the Reef Grill and Royal Palms situated right on the beach, great spot for a drink and staring at the water.

Then have the taxi drop you at My Bar before heading back to town.