Breeze 8/10-8/16: A death, a lost kid, and a Whole Lotta People....

So from the thread title, you can probably guess, this might not be your everyday review of The Breeze. Yes, there was a death, yes, there was a lost kid (not the same incident), and yes, it was crowded.

This will be a pretty detailed review, I will try to touch on as many issues as I can think of, and yes, there will be pictures.

I must do this in sections, because I am at work after having a week off.

I will warn you in advance that I can be very sarcastic, and a bit offensive at times, so if that isn't your cup o' tea, no worries, stop reading here, I won't be upset.:D

If you want a sample of how my reviews tend to go, you can see a few in my signature.

So without any further waiting, here we go. Strap in, and I hope you enjoy the ride!!

-Tracey

Oh, and as a bonus, at the end of my Breeze review, I will include a section on the poor sap who got left by The Triumph because he left the ship to try to go back and find his lost item in Cozumel. We were feet away in our Cove Balcony and got the whole thing on film, VERY exciting (probably not for him, but for us!):eek:

This is Elvis, my DH, and Elijah, our DS. As you can see by my signature, we usually sail Royal, but we try Carnival every now and again.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10590601_10152460094773113_1117833786269982428_n.jpg?oh=06ec301049abfc87649425e587dd020f&oe=5468B6F8

Can someone confirm they are able to hit the link and see the pic, thanks!!:)

I saw the picture after clicking the link.

FYI:

If you use the [image] tag or click on the icon of the photo in the editor, you can make the pictures show up inline with the message. You probably know this already but just in case. :)

For example: (test)

10414517_10152460094313113_5139815848539628711_n.jpg?oh=e45b4babf0facb949fcea36b8172b1d2&oe=5470CE9C&__gda__=1416715747_66b5e623c77ec3cc45ffa0fe559ba986

Edited by NightOne

I will warn you in advance that I can be very sarcastic, and a bit offensive at times, so if that isn't your cup o' tea, no worries, stop reading here, I won't be upset.:D

-Tracey

I don't always read reviews, but with a warning like that, how can I not stick around for this one?! ;)

SECTION ONE: Embarkation & Faster to the Fun (or as we were calling it during embarkation, Faster To My Butt!!)

SO yes, I got FTTF. On Royal we are Diamond, so we get priority boarding, also, we usually get suites, so I'm used to boarding first. For that reason, I got FTTF for this cruise.

Lemme tell you my thoughts: DON'T GET FTTF if you think you will board any quicker than everyone else, YOU WON'T!!

DO GET FTTF if you want your bags and your cabin ready and waiting as soon as you do board. We got on (after the 27 weddings) and arrived in our cabin at exactly 12:18pm. All of our bags were waiting, and our cabin was ready. Non FTTF people were being told 1:30-2:00 at the earliest.

Also, do get FTTF to avoid the GS line-it was always long, and I did love walking right up to the desk. Judging from the stink eye I was getting from others in the long line, they didn't like it too much, but I sure did!!:eek:

So, my last word on FTTF is this: it is worth $49 to me just to assure that I'm not homeless and bagless when I board, I like going right to my cabin and unpacking. SO yeah, I'd pay $49 just for that. But if you are getting FTTF just to board early, and you don't care about when your cabin and bags are available, save your money!!!

But I would do it again!!

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

After unpacking, we headed to Blue Iguana to try this food we have been hearing so much about. Now let me warn you, we are from LA, Mexican Food is a way of life. So while the food was tasty, it's far from authentic Mexican. It kinda reminded me of Chipotle, if you have that chain near you. They had pork, chicken and beef tacos that day, I chose chicken. Later in the cruise they added shrimp.

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10487371_10152460124013113_4057603490006466934_n.jpg

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

SECTION 2: BLUE IGUANA and GUY'S:

So we tried both, several times. Both were good, but I had an issue with the fact that they both have such limited hours. On port days, BI is only open from 12-2:30, and Guy's 12-6. I know that the crew can only be so many places at once, but considering these seemed to be the 2 most popular venues, why not open for dinner too, at least briefly??:confused:

Our family never uses the DR, and as we will discuss later, the Lido Marketplace (buffet) is not very good for dinner, so I really would have liked to have BI and Guy's as a dinner option as well. But, what can you do???

We wound up eating at the Italian place twice, and sushi place once, luckily I had a nice chunk of OBC to pay for it....:D

The first seas day we decided to have some BBQ (since they only do it twice), then go check out the waterslide area. The BBQ was ok, they had lots of sausage, some pulled pork, brisket, and chicken. WHAT, NO RIBS?? Nope. DH was a tad disappointed over the absence of ribs, but it didn't stop him from eating everything else.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10565189_10152460086013113_7510825276885617311_n.jpg