Dressing in November Cali to FLL to Caribbean

LADYBROOKS

This is our first time cruising at this time of year, we leave for our Caribbean cruise for 6 days from Fort Lauderdale on November 27. We will be in Florida for a few days pre cruise. Should we dress for the Winter in Florida and summer dress for the Caribbean? Suggestions please and thank you!

I would dress the same for Florida and the Caribbean. We really don't even have a winter down here. January and February is when we usually have our coldest days. That would only be a few cold days at a time if any and rarely down to freezing. I think Florida is allergic to cold weather, at least I know I am. I usually wear shorts year round, but January or February is when I will need a pair of pants or leggings.

Our lows in November are in the 70's and the highs will be in the 80's and possibly the low 90's. Enjoy your cruise.

This is our first time cruising at this time of year, we leave for our Caribbean cruise for 6 days from Fort Lauderdale on November 27. We will be in Florida for a few days pre cruise. Should we dress for the Winter in Florida and summer dress for the Caribbean? Suggestions please and thank you!

It will not be "winter" in the FLL area. It probably won't be in the 90's, but it is usually still warm in November, i.e. shorts weather. That said, it CAN be cool on occasion, and more so in the evening, so I'd have a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved shirt, at least for the evenings. Possibly you won't need them, but likely you could. I often spend a week in the area around Thanksgiving and I usually find myself wanting more than shorts and a tank top! ;)

Hi, I'm from L.A. like you, so (if you're a L.A. native) keep in mind that the humidity in Florida is probably going to be a bit of a shock for you!. We've been there twice in December, once for the end of a TA, & once to go on a Caribbean Cruise, & humidity was just brutal, I wore what I'd wear for our hottest days, & still felt like I was inside a sauna the entire time. :) The nights were cooler, but still humid... so I'd dress just as you would for your Caribbean days. Have a great time. :)