Pre cruise hotel

wants2cruise2

Arriving later in evening and really need just a basic clean safe place to sleep before cruise next day, has anyone had any experience with the hotel that is in the airport?

Can't imagine anything easier than getting off the plane and walking right into a hotel.

There are quite a selection of hotels and inns of all sorts between the airport and the cruiseports. All in pretty close. Total to cruiseport is 20 min, so you will just be splitting the distance the next day to the ship.

On our cruise, we are staying at the "Tres Palmas Inn" for the night. About 10 min from the airport. Can order in food, about a 10-15 min walk to restaurants. Love the fact that it is right on the ocean shore. Highly rated on Trip Advisor and reasonably priced.

Worth a look at their website.

When we were in San Juan one day pre-cruise in May 2013, we stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde, which is right near the airport. The cab ride from the airport was about five minutes and the Coutyard is literally across the highway from the airport. It has many amenities, the staff were great, and most important to us...the room was clean and bed was comfortable. Checkout was at noon, so there is time in the morning for a beach walk, breakfast, etc., etc. without feeling rushed. Very easy to get a cab ($20.00) to the cruise terminals. Right after we checked out, a hotel employee walked us out to one of the waiting cabs. Ride from Courtyard to cruise terminal was only 20 minutes. Our driver told us he had to detour from his "normal route" that day since it was May 5, Cinco de Mayo, and there was a large celebration in San Juan along his normal route.

This is how close the Courtyard is to the airport. This was taken from the window by the elevators on the 8th floor. That is the parking garage/lot of the Courtyard in the picture and across the road is the airport:

100_6149.jpg

• 1 month later...
Cruising from San Juan in March 2016 so wondering how soon we need to get a room for 1 night.:rolleyes: Really like the last 2 hotel suggestions!;)

We booked our rooms in early April for our October cruise.

Tres Palmas Inn only has 18 rooms, and 4 of them have windows facing the ocean. On their website you get to choose the exact room you want. We wanted 2 of these rooms side by side.

There website is pretty cool. Google them. Highly recommended by trip advisor reviews.

Another reasonable hotel a bit closer to the piers is the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites in....you guessed it....Condado. It has mostly favorable reviews and is within walking distance to everything you may need pre-cruise including the beach, Walgreen's and many restaurants.

We booked our rooms in early April for our October cruise.

Tres Palmas Inn only has 18 rooms, and 4 of them have windows facing the ocean. On their website you get to choose the exact room you want. We wanted 2 of these rooms side by side.

There website is pretty cool. Google them. Highly recommended by trip advisor reviews.

Thanks for your suggestion! Just booked our room for 2 nights pre-cruise at the Tres Palmas Inn for under $240 total for both nights in March!! Woohoo!! Great price and great looking hotel! Please post a review on the web site after your cruise in October with an update about your stay!! :cool:;)

Thanks for your suggestion! Just booked our room for 2 nights pre-cruise at the Tres Palmas Inn for under $240 total for both nights in March!! Woohoo!! Great price and great looking hotel! Please post a review on the web site after your cruise in October with an update about your stay!! :cool:;)

The two rooms we booked were 135 each. Which rooms did you book? Hopefully not 7 or 8 ?

I will book a review after our stay.

The two rooms we booked were 135 each. Which rooms did you book? Hopefully not 7 or 8 ?

I will book a review after our stay.

I was not offered a choice of rooms via the web site; however, I requested ocean view.;) I would even like that rooftop room showed on the web site!:cool: Do you think I should reply to the confirmation and ask if I can pick a room? What's wrong with 7 and 8?:confused: A clean room and comfortable bed are my main priorities.

I was not offered a choice of rooms via the web site; however, I requested ocean view.;) I would even like that rooftop room showed on the web site!:cool: Do you think I should reply to the confirmation and ask if I can pick a room? What's wrong with 7 and 8?:confused: A clean room and comfortable bed are my main priorities.

There are very limited rooms with ocean views. We rooms 15 and 18. I think you should confirm with them for sure. There prices are fairly reasonable, but $120 per night is not the ocean views. There are 2 at $135, 1 at $180 (but you need to book for at least 2 consecutive nights, sounds like it's the best room in the house), the rooftop one I cannot remember how much it was.

Rooms 7 and 8 are 2 of the ones that are $120, and from a review I read, they are right next to the ice machine, and the area used for prep work for the morning breakfast buffet. So it is quite noisy starting around 4:30am. :eek::eek:

Read some of the reviews on trip advisor. The great majority are very favorable, and there are interesting tidbits of info like this in there.

There are very limited rooms with ocean views. We rooms 15 and 18. I think you should confirm with them for sure. There prices are fairly reasonable, but $120 per night is not the ocean views. There are 2 at $135, 1 at $180 (but you need to book for at least 2 consecutive nights, sounds like it's the best room in the house), the rooftop one I cannot remember how much it was.

Rooms 7 and 8 are 2 of the ones that are $120, and from a review I read, they are right next to the ice machine, and the area used for prep work for the morning breakfast buffet. So it is quite noisy starting around 4:30am. :eek::eek:

Read some of the reviews on trip advisor. The great majority are very favorable, and there are interesting tidbits of info like this in there.

I'm so glad you told me all of that! I emailed them and they said I would need to cancel the first one and then re-book the ocean view. I booked a 2-night stay for an ocean view room ($298.66) and tried to cancel the first one but don't know if I got it done, as the only way I could see to cancel was to contact them through the site, which I did. I received a confirmation email on the new ocean view room but no email about the cancellation, so emailed them, asking them to make sure this was done.:rolleyes: I sure don't want to be charged for 2 rooms!!:eek: If I don't hear back from them today, I'll try emailing one more time and then I guess I'll need to call. Do you know if one can cancel on-line or not, as it doesn't tell you how to do it?

I'm so glad you told me all of that! I emailed them and they said I would need to cancel the first one and then re-book the ocean view. I booked a 2-night stay for an ocean view room ($298.66) and tried to cancel the first one but don't know if I got it done, as the only way I could see to cancel was to contact them through the site, which I did. I received a confirmation email on the new ocean view room but no email about the cancellation, so emailed them, asking them to make sure this was done.:rolleyes: I sure don't want to be charged for 2 rooms!!:eek: If I don't hear back from them today, I'll try emailing one more time and then I guess I'll need to call. Do you know if one can cancel on-line or not, as it doesn't tell you how to do it?

I can't help about the cancellation. Did the confirmation say which room you got?

I can't help about the cancellation. Did the confirmation say which room you got?

No, neither confirmation gave an exact room number; just the type of room, such as "deluxe queen ocean view". BTW, I just now received a confirmation email from Tres Palmas, canceling our original "patio" room and changing it to an "ocean view" room but, still, no exact room assignment.:( Too far out maybe?:rolleyes: Reservation is for March 2016. Would appreciate an email after your visit to let us know about your experience there!! (tnskuhn at gmail dot com) Thanks for your help and I can't wait to get to San Juan!!

Edited by SilkySal
add sentence

No, neither confirmation gave an exact room number; just the type of room, such as "deluxe queen ocean view". BTW, I just now received a confirmation email from Tres Palmas, canceling our original "patio" room and changing it to an "ocean view" room but, still, no exact room assignment.:( Too far out maybe?:rolleyes: Reservation is for March 2016. Would appreciate an email after your visit to let us know about your experience there!! (tnskuhn at gmail dot com) Thanks for your help and I can't wait to get to San Juan!!

Find it strange. When we booked our rooms right through their website, it specifically states which room. No idea why it changed.

I'll let you know about our experience in San Juan.

Find it strange. When we booked our rooms right through their website, it specifically states which room. No idea why it changed.

I'll let you know about our experience in San Juan.

Maybe you finally scored a Canadian perk, eh? ;)

Are these hotels near the airport Aldo close to the beach or on the beach? Thanks

If you look at my first post on this thread, we are booked at the Tres Palmas Inn, and it is literally across the street from the beach. Check out their website, easily found with google.