Limited time in Pisa- climb the tower and visit the Baptistry?

Lucinarei

I'm doing the Pisa/Florence tour with Rome in Limo in July and we will be spending about an hour in Pisa before moving on to Florence. With that limited time, do we have time to climb the tower AND visit the Baptistry? If it comes down to it, I'd rather see the Baptistry, but would love to be able to do both. Do I have time to do both, or should I concentrate on seeing the Baptistry?

Thanks! ;)

IF you have pre-bought your ticket for the Tower, you will have time to do both - a quick walk up and right back down the Tower, then over to the Baptistry. If you haven't, you will not - you would only be able to visit the Baptistry.

IF you have pre-bought your ticket for the Tower, you will have time to do both - a quick walk up and right back down the Tower, then over to the Baptistry. If you haven't, you will not - you would only be able to visit the Baptistry.

Excellent! I'll definitely be buying the ticket before we arrive… as soon as it's available to purchase. Thank you for your help! :D

It was a few years ago and we were first off the ship and did Pisa bright and early. At the guidance of RIL we didn't prepurchase, and I fretted that.

We had no problem doing the climb as well as visit the other sites there in an hour.

BTW its private and you can easily adjust as your pace and interest change, but agreed that Florence likely is waiting so more than an hour is too much time here.

It was a few years ago and we were first off the ship and did Pisa bright and early. At the guidance of RIL we didn't prepurchase, and I fretted that.

We had no problem doing the climb as well as visit the other sites there in an hour.

BTW its private and you can easily adjust as your pace and interest change, but agreed that Florence likely is waiting so more than an hour is too much time here.

Great news- thanks for the confirmation! And yes, while I'm excited to see Pisa, Florence is the main attraction for the day. :)

We had an hour at Pisa and frankly, I was ready to go on to Florence after about 30 minutes in Pisa. An hour is more than enough time to do what you want do there.

That is great news! I know Florence is the highlight of the day, so the sooner we can move on to Florence, the happier the group will be. ;) Thank you!

We actually give credit to Rome in Limo for spending only 1 hour in Pisa. While we enjoy walking around the Field or Miracles on a nice day, there are some who would say that 1 hour is too long. If you want to climb the tower it probably would be wise to e-mail your tour provider and seek their advice. I believe that pre purchased tickets have times...which may or may not work with your tour.

Hank

We actually give credit to Rome in Limo for spending only 1 hour in Pisa. While we enjoy walking around the Field or Miracles on a nice day, there are some who would say that 1 hour is too long. If you want to climb the tower it probably would be wise to e-mail your tour provider and seek their advice. I believe that pre purchased tickets have times...which may or may not work with your tour.

We just booked with RIL for Pisa/Florence and they specifically told us to book a certain time for the Pisa tower climb. Limited amount of tickets available and they only go on sale 20 days ahead of time from what I can see.

Yes, in the confirm email for the tour, they indicated the time to purchase climbing tickets for the tower, which was very helpful. Now that I know it only takes half an hour, I know I'll have plenty of time to climb and check out the Baptistry and Cathedral. :) I have my calendar marked for 20 days before we're in Pisa so that I can buy tickets as soon as they're available. :)