Transportation with Toddler's ??

Ashland

Easiest option would be the ships transfer, as they use buses which would not require carseats. Certainly not the cheapest, but if you opt not to bring the carseats you have to pay...Most transfer services use vans which would require a carseat. But you might ask on the Florida Departures board if there are any that use the small buses. Google for a list of shuttle services and call to see what type vehicles they use. EM

Easiest option would be the ships transfer, as they use buses which would not require carseats. Certainly not the cheapest, but if you opt not to bring the carseats you have to pay...Most transfer services use vans which would require a carseat. But you might ask on the Florida Departures board if there are any that use the small buses. Google for a list of shuttle services and call to see what type vehicles they use. EM

We'll use Hotel shuttle to get from FLL to Hyatt Place (checked with hotel and their shuttle so that will work) We may rent a a mini-van 2nd day and will use their rented toddler seats and do a port drop off before one of us returns car. So the only problem will be from PE to FLL morning of cruise return. We have had to use the ship transfers when we did Alaska but was hoping for another option this time. There will be 10 of us but only need to be concerned about toddler's and two parents to accompany them. Thanks for the suggestion...will do some more research.

Definitely a shuttle bus...no car seats needed. Although, a cab would be cheaper and faster....

Yes..very aware of the cost & speed of a taxi...this is hardly our first cruise in & out of PE...but new with toddler grandsons...lot's more to consider and figure out now ;)

Check with some of the pre-arranged car services. I'm sure some would provide car seats (might be a small charge for them).

Thanks so much...I personally called Jiffy Jeff and he gave me a quote and said he would provide seats for our toddlers no extra charge.

• 2 weeks later...
In uk here. But we took inflatable car seats, called bubblebum for our 3&4 year old boys. Very light weight and transportable.... Google it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes...Thanks so much...I've heard of these and watched how to use them on YouTube. I was going to order two of them online (Amazon) but then found them for the same price at my local Walmart.