Oasis Cabin selection, cant decide

Planning on Oasis next April, have been on Carnival three times now and want to try Oasis. Its a gigantic ship so I don't know what to pick. Have always had balcony cabins mid ship on carniv:confused:al. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Planning on Oasis next April, have been on Carnival three times now and want to try Oasis. Its a gigantic ship so I don't know what to pick. Have always had balcony cabins mid ship on carniv:confused:al. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Why not get the same mid-ship balcony?

What deck?

Depends what you want to be near. High deck to be near the pool. Deck 8 to be near Central Park. Deck 6 to be near the Royal Promenade and Boardwalk.

After many cruises on Oasis/Allure I'll try to offer some help. First, the cabins on the Oasis class ships are small. I think it would be difficult for more than 2 adults to share a cabin. They are more cramped than any other ship I have experienced. Space is limited, the sofa beds really are not comfortable and certainly cannot accommodate more than 1 teenage child or a couple very young children. I would go with the Pullman beds before I would use a sofa bed. I would go with 2 interior cabins before I would go with 4 people in a balcony.

Next, I would stay away from Boardwalk balcony or Central Park Balcony cabins. These cabins are more likely to have noise from the top deck during the day. You can't see the ocean from the Central Park Balconies and the view is so limited from the Boardwalk balconies that it isn't worth it.

All of the cabins are the same size so their isn't a size advantage for more expensive ocean view rooms. D1 balconies typically have a larger balcony if that is important. I would also stay away from deck 14 because you can get noise from the pool deck above that deck.

For many of the decks you can only get to the elevators or cross the ship at 2 locations near mid ship (this is a result of the open area in Central Park and the Boardwalk). As a result I tend to stay away from cabins at the rear due to long walks to go anywhere.

I typically choose D5 cabins for 2 people or D1 or D2 when I need to use the sofa bed for my daughter (yes she complains about the sofa bed).

Good Luck

Ha.....while you hopped on the Breeze, I was hopping on Oasis (my 1st Royal Caribbean cruise) and I'm typically a Carnival cruiser that aims for mid ship balcony cabins as well. We chose a Boardwalk Balcony Cabin just to do something different with a different view other than just looking at the ocean. We were on deck 10 with cabin 10729 and you had an ocean view, aquatheater view, boardwalk view, rock climbing wall view and could even see people ziplining above. I absolutely loved this cabin location and would book it again in a heartbeat.

If you haven't see the views from these cabins, take a look:

We enjoyed staying in the CL suites.

It is close to the pool decks.

It is great walking distance to amost anything.

We only use the elevators on formal nights (heels) and walk walk walk everywhere.

I hate putting on too much weight while cruiseing, and this plan helps attempt to keep us in shape.

Later

Good posts so far but I disagree with cruising tiger on the boardwalk balcony cabins....any deck but 14 there is not noise issues...and if you get far back at the aft of the ship not only do you get a good ocean view you also get aquatheatre show and big screen views!

There have been a number of threads regarding the bed placement in Oasis rooms. The "D" balcony rooms are all the same size, but most prefer to have the bed near the balcony. This allows access to the closet. Location is more personal preference. RC charges a premium to be on a higher deck, but this is not important to me. You will be walking a lot on this ship regardless of location.

Ha.....while you hopped on the Breeze, I was hopping on Oasis (my 1st Royal Caribbean cruise) and I'm typically a Carnival cruiser that aims for mid ship balcony cabins as well. We chose a Boardwalk Balcony Cabin just to do something different with a different view other than just looking at the ocean. We were on deck 10 with cabin 10729 and you had an ocean view, aquatheater view, boardwalk view, rock climbing wall view and could even see people ziplining above. I absolutely loved this cabin location and would book it again in a heartbeat.

Great news as we have booked this stateroom for inaugural sailing on Oasis out of Port Canaveral Nov 5,2016.

Have sailed in balcony room mid ship which also is a good choice.

After 11 sailings on Oasis class I have had Boardwalk balcony 8 of those times. We have always enjoyed that type of balcony as we have a view of the ocean and the boardwalk and if you can get one further to the aft you can watch the diving show at the Aquatheatre. Noise has not been an issue for us. A unique cabin for a unique ship :)

Sunset view from our Boardwalk balcony 11329

16714083111_285e79e39e_c.jpg

14010404083_b5be94d9bb_c.jpg

Great news as we have booked this stateroom for inaugural sailing on Oasis out of Port Canaveral Nov 5,2016.

Have sailed in balcony room mid ship which also is a good choice.

That's awesome! You are going to love your cabin.

Sunset view from our Boardwalk balcony 11329

Great pictures.