Two Bottles of Wine Allowance - Celebrity Millennium

Margioshay

While reviewing our cruise documents today I came across the section under "Alcoholic Beverages" that states "Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom," it goes on to say if the wine is consumed in any dining room, shipboard restaurant, bar etc each bottle will be subject to a $25 corkage fee.

My questions are:

1) are we allowed to bring a larger than normal 750 ml size bottle, and

2) if this wine is consumed only in our stateroom, is there still a corkage fee?

We were not comp'd a beverage package (it seems as though many guests on here got free gratuities, bevy packages, and OBC - don't know why we didn't) nor did we buy a bevy pack because we don't often drink much alcohol but we do enjoy an occasional glass of wine.

Thanks for helping out us Newbies. [emoji5]️

Hi,

1) Well, there is no real restriction on the bottle size, but you should not bring a 3l bottle with you. But if your bottle has 1l, no one will care.

People that really want to get more wine onto the ship just use separate lines with 2 bottles each and/or have some bottles in the checked baggage and the carry-on luggage. But who want's to sit in the room the whole cruise?!

2) No corkage fee for rooms

Edited by swoonx

Thanks Swoonx,

That's pretty much what we thought, just hoped for some clarification.

We certainly won't be sitting in our stateroom drinking wine the whole cruise - the wine won't last that long! Lol. But we thought it might be nice to enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony now and then.

Hello,

Just to clarify…Celebrity does list a wine bottle size restriction…see attached from the Celebrity website:

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

Whether or not that is enforced might be a different matter…as many have reported different results on here.

Enjoy your cruise and enjoy the glass of wine on your balcony…that is one small thing that makes a cruise special…(altho in my case, it s a glass of Bourbon on the balcony) !! :)

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

While reviewing our cruise documents today I came across the section under "Alcoholic Beverages" that states "Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom," it goes on to say if the wine is consumed in any dining room, shipboard restaurant, bar etc each bottle will be subject to a $25 corkage fee.

My questions are:

2) if this wine is consumed only in our stateroom, is there still a corkage fee?

We were not comp'd a beverage package (it seems as though many guests on here got free gratuities, bevy packages, and OBC - don't know why we didn't) nor did we buy a bevy pack because we don't often drink much alcohol but we do enjoy an occasional glass of wine.

1: No

2: No

Celebrity (and other cruise lines) really do enforce this policy. Unless you get lucky they will only allow you to bring aboard (at your port of embarkation) 1 normal size bottle of wine per person. It must be in your carry-on and not in checked luggage. If you put booze (or wine) in your checked luggage it will possibly be detected when they do the routine x-ray of luggage. At that point your luggage will be "held" and you will eventually get a summons to come to the held luggage area to claim your luggage (without the booze).

Hank

[emoji5]️

Celebrity runs promotions every now and then to entice people to cruise with them. That's when they offer these "perks". They aren't offered on all cruises or all the time. It sounds like you booked when there wasn't a promotion on, or maybe your room category wasn't eligible for the perks.

Hope you have a great cruise. We love the Celebrity experience.

My questions are:

1. No.

2. No.

As others have said, take aboard your allowed 2 bottles. You know your habits. Are you going to buy a glass with dinner? Will that reduce the amount you might sip on the balcony? Think it through, see if the two bottles is reasonable. If it isn't, you have three options. One is a drinks package. Probably not worthwhile in your case. Second is to buy occasional drinks at bars and sip your sips other than on your balcony. Third is to buy another bottle or two from the ship. I usually do this ahead of time, it is treated as a "gift" that is delivered to the cabin with card (if you like.) hard to find on the website, but can be done. Oh, and you can buy a bottle with dinner, have one glass, they'll store the remainder for you for the next evening.

In short, you have several options between getting by on a 2-bottle allotment on one hand or buying a full package on the other.

Thanks Gottaknowwhen,

We're going to bring our two wee bottles of wine and enjoy the odd glass on the balcony, and we'll buy a few drinks if and when we want them. :cool:

Our TA and Celebrity said we had other options, ie Bevy Package (which would mean we would be spending approximately $60.00 a drink most days - that's a lot to pay for a Coors Light, eh? :eek:), or we could have a bar set-up in our stateroom (we didn't ask if it came with a bartender ;) ) or we could just buy our drinks whenever we wanted one, which is, of course, what we are going to do.

The problem with us is we are far too spoiled by spending far too much time over the past several years in gorgeous all-inclusive 5 star resorts where anything you want is yours for the asking! This paying for drinks stuff is quite a foreign concept! Oh, I'm sure we'll get used to it, but you can't blame us for looking for a loop-hole! ;)

Looking forward to our first cruise! Here's to many more! Judging by the number of emoticons I have employed in this message I am clearly excited about cruising! :o

Cheers :D ,

Margioshay

Celebrity (and other cruise lines) really do enforce this policy.
For what it's worth, Cunard does not. They state the same 2 bottle limit as other lines and then say it will be enforced as an exception, not as a rule. I regularly carry more than 6 bottles onto a Cunard ship.