Electronic Cigarettes....are they allowed anywhere on the ship?

dongordon

I guess that is where I am confused...What exactly is getting inflicted on you? Do you have an issue with people walking by you with steam billowing off their coffee as well? This is why I am having a hard time with the entire "its inconsiderate" idea.

All of the following are facts:

1) Batteries have exploded do to people building coils and not knowing the battery limitations.

2) There are no definitive studies on the long term or short term dangerous of vapor made with PG/VG and nicotine.

3) Some juices are made with more ingredients then just PG/VG nicotine. Some even had antifreeze.

4) People are using cotton treated with hydrogen peroxide to deliver their e-juice. Cotton burns.

5) Illicit drugs are now being delivered by vaporizers.

Sorry you don't see how your actions are not considerate of others.

Edited by Tutankhamen

In a perfect Tut world, CC would have a like button.

How anyone can sit in a theater/lobby/elevator/eatery/stores and puff on an ecig is beyond me. A little consideration goes a long long way.

That -- No...the local pub while I am having a beer or 3 -- Yes.

All of the following are facts:

1) Batteries have exploded do to people building coils and not knowing the battery limitations.

2) There are no definitive studies on the long term or short term dangerous of vapor made with PG/VG and nicotine.

3) Some juices are made with more ingredients then just PG/VG nicotine. Some even had antifreeze.

4) People are using cotton treated with hydrogen peroxide.

5) Illicit drugs are now being delivered by vaporizers.

Sorry you don't see how your actions are not considerate of others.

I agree with 1 and 3...Don't know anything about 4, 5 -- Yep but that is illegal whereas nic juice isn't....However On number 2 - There are definitive studies on the short term dangers of second hand vapor...Just nobody wants to believe the "its harmless" results.

I guess that is where I am confused...What exactly is getting inflicted on you? Do you have an issue with people walking by you with steam billowing off their coffee as well? This is why I am having a hard time with the entire "its inconsiderate" idea.

I was inside a restaurant here in Dallas when a guy exhaled from an ecig and I literally was in a cloud. Never had that with coffee. I was stunned because I was not expecting it and it was my girst envounter with ecigs. So even though obviously as another poster said they have been around a while, they are still new. Hang on folks... We will all see how it shakes out as thry find their place in society.

Good luck to anyone who is using ecigs to quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course I don't have an issue with steam off someone's coffee. Don't be ridiculous. What I have an issue with is having a cloud of vapor in my face, especially since there's no regulation of what's in that cloud. Feel free to keep throwing red herring pseudo-examples out there.

Maybe this will help demonstrate:

vaping:

vaping-electronic-cigarettes_0_0_0.jpg

Hot coffee:

steaming-hot-coffee-cup.jpg

Edited by sdmike

I agree with 1 and 3...Don't know anything about 4, 5 -- Yep but that is illegal whereas nic juice isn't....However On number 2 - There are definitive studies on the short term dangers of second hand vapor...Just nobody wants to believe the "its harmless" results.

Number 4, do a youtube search. "cotton coil build vapor". Cotton is just one of the many types of wicks people are now using. Silica is another.

Number 2. They have tested all the ingredients used in ecig juice? Show me the study/studies?

Please be sure it includes the following:

Menthol crystals

Cinnamon

Nicotine

Sweeteners

The 100's of food flavoring

And don't forget the ingredients we do not know about.

Edited by Tutankhamen

Number 4, do a youtube search. "cotton coil build vapor". Cotton is just one of the many types of wicks people are now using. Silica is another.

Number 2. They have tested all the ingredients used in ecig juice? Show me the study/studies?

Please be sure it includes the following:

Menthol

Cinnamon

Nicotine

Sweeteners

The 100's of food flavoring

And don't forget the ingredients we do not know about.

http://www.ecigarette-research.com/‎

I feel like your just being silly at this point. You are hypothetically discussing banning only smelly ecigs on NCL. I mention, and other mention in a hypothetical way that NCL then should ban perfume. The point seems to mystify you....so......

Moving along from you.

Good day!

*******READ BELOW******

Silly why, because I disagree with your opinion. Move along.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Funnily enough I vaped in my room the entire week on my last cruise even though it was forbidden and nobody was the wiser...Nobody noticed that I was vaping in most indoor bars either.

Obviously you didn't have the sickening sweet smelling scent that the woman that sat next to me had and I thank you for your consideration of others.

Of course I don't have an issue with steam off someone's coffee. Don't be ridiculous. What I have an issue with is having a cloud of vapor in my face, especially since there's no regulation of what's in that cloud. Feel free to keep throwing red herring pseudo-examples out there.

Well people who blow a cloud of vapor in your face are inconsiderate...But my sitting on a chair 2 feet away vaping -- The vapor would dissipate long before it got to you. And I do agree that the FDA should regulate the manufacture of e-juice but the majority of US manufactured juice contains 3 ingredients (or 2 if no nicotine) and food grade flavorings that the FDA has regulated as safe for consumption.

Obviously you didn't have the sickening sweet smelling scent that the woman that sat next to me had and I thank you for your consideration of others.

Well generally when someone sits next to me with a sickening sweet smelling perfume I get up and move if I don't like it. Of course none of my juice has enough scent that you could smell it even if I blew it in your face - which I would never do - my roommate says there is absolutely no scent.

I was inside a restaurant here in Dallas when a guy exhaled from an ecig and I literally was in a cloud. Never had that with coffee. I was stunned because I was not expecting it and it was my girst envounter with ecigs. So even though obviously as another poster said they have been around a while, they are still new. Hang on folks... We will all see how it shakes out as thry find their place in society.

Good luck to anyone who is using ecigs to quit.

I had this happen getting off a shuttle bus. All of a sudden I was engulfed by vapor. I backed up in a hurry, mostly because I was startled by it.

I agree with you on the "good luck" too. Studies show that e-cigs are FAR safer than regular cigarettes. While there are some chemicals present, not anywhere close to the hundreds of chemicals and compounds in tobacco. I'm glad they are available to smokers who want a healthier alternative or are trying to quit.

This cAn be argued til everyone's fingers fall off but the truth is it doesn't matter! Ncl does not allow e cigs anywhere you cannot smoke regular cigs!!

But it does matter because NCL pays attention to these boards and some of us would like them to change that policy. Or we can just cruise Princess whose execs apparently have brains

Well people who blow a cloud of vapor in your face are inconsiderate...But my sitting on a chair 2 feet away vaping -- The vapor would dissipate long before it got to you. And I do agree that the FDA should regulate the manufacture of e-juice but the majority of US manufactured juice contains 3 ingredients (or 2 if no nicotine) and food grade flavorings that the FDA has regulated as safe for consumption.

if it doesn't violate my personal space, I'm fine with it. I think 2 feet is a bit close, but *shrug*

Similarly, I don't mind if you swing your fists around in the air either, but I do mind if they get close to my nose :)

Or we can just cruise Princess whose execs apparently have brains

NCL is being cautious, not stupid.

Enjoy your princess cruises. That's the nice thing about so many cruise lines...choices for everyone

But it does matter because NCL pays attention to these boards and some of us would like them to change that policy. Or we can just cruise Princess whose execs apparently have brains

It's not about having brains. At least you can still smoke on your balcony unlike some other cruise lines that have banned that. I don't understand why people always have to make things bigger than they need to be. They will never in the near future allow people to vape in public areas because other passengers will complain.

It's not about having brains. At least you can still smoke on your balcony unlike some other cruise lines that have banned that. I don't understand why people always have to make things bigger than they need to be. They will never in the near future allow people to vape in public areas because other passengers will complain.

I know...Passengers will complain about anything and everything they can complain about...I don't understand that because when I am on a cruise I can't find jack to complain about...I'm not at work, I don't have to cook, I don't have to clean, and I am having fun :)

NCL is being cautious, not stupid.

Enjoy your princess cruises. That's the nice thing about so many cruise lines...choices for everyone

Actually I haven't been on Princess yet so I don't know if I would enjoy it or not. I know I enjoy NCL and Carnival

if it doesn't violate my personal space, I'm fine with it. I think 2 feet is a bit close, but *shrug*

Similarly, I don't mind if you swing your fists around in the air either, but I do mind if they get close to my nose :)

Was just thinking about how close they pack those deck chairs in...I prefer more than 2 feet myself

Was just thinking about how close they pack those deck chairs in...I prefer more than 2 feet myself

yeah, I don't like people in my 5 foot circle unless I invite them in (elevators excepted)

What is it that you find about Princess smoking policies that are so much different than NCL?

This from Princess Q&A .

Electronic Cigarettes

The use of electronic cigarettes is permitted in all areas onboard with the exception of dining areas and the Princess Theater. However, should a fellow passenger in the vicinity feel inconvenienced and complain, even after being told the difference between electronic cigarettes and real cigarettes, we will ask the passenger to refrain from smoking the electronic cigarette.

I feel certain the restrictions will become less flexible in the near future as cruise lines become more aware of the problems associated with handling multiple complaints about this subject.

Edited by swedish weave

What is it that you find about Princess smoking policies that are so much different than NCL?

This from Princess Q&A .

Electronic Cigarettes

The use of electronic cigarettes is permitted in all areas onboard with the exception of dining areas and the Princess Theater. However, should a fellow passenger in the vicinity feel inconvenienced and complain, even after being told the difference between electronic cigarettes and real cigarettes, we will ask the passenger to refrain from smoking the electronic cigarette.

I love that!

So, if they can convince the complainer that it's not a cigarette but an electronic cigarette, you're good! Seems like more work than just going to a smoking section.

I love that!

So, if they can convince the complainer that it's not a cigarette but an electronic cigarette, you're good! Seems like more work than just going to a smoking section.

I think most of the smokers and "vapers" realize by now that they are fighting a losing battle. The desperate attempts to rationalize their actions speak loudly, but the transportation companies are seeing costs associated with allowing these actions, and are slowly eliminating the freedom to smoke or "vape". Many are passing these costs on to the guests who violate the existing restrictions.

A few years ago when a large percentage of the public smoked or accepted the problems it caused, some cruise lines tried a few ways to restrict it. It was not successful, but as the dangers of nicotine and smoking became common knowledge, the percentage of smokers dropped a lot. That is where we are today, and the numbers are decreasing to the point that airlines have banned both smoking and "vaping". The cruise lines are not far away from taking the next step. Good business management will strive to satisfy the majority of their guests instead of catering to those who make the most noise.

Maybe this will help demonstrate:

vaping:

vaping-electronic-cigarettes_0_0_0.jpg

Hot coffee:

steaming-hot-coffee-cup.jpg

Wow, not sure how an e-cig produces that much vapor, mine doesn't. I think that is an over exaggerated photo.