Cruise with teenagers - advice sought

Frozen Mosquito

For those who have cruised with teenagers (14&17), we are currently booked on NCL Epic in a family balcony category room with a queen bed, sofa bed and pullman. Would you recommend keeping or switching to a standard balcony room (for mom & dad) and an interior for kids (in close proximity)? Price increase is about $300 total. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely go with two. Two bathrooms are awesome and some adult private time is always in order. Get a room key for their cabin from guest services after you board.

With mine, honestly, their rooms are closer on the ship than they are in my house and I have a small house.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We have cruised in the past with our 17 year old and 11 and 12 year old...and just had the larger room...we never were in the room that long, just to get ready for dinner (my husband would go up to the spa and use the facilities there-he had more room and probably some peace for a bit lol) and just to go to bed..I would save the $$ for the short time your in cabin and as well just to know when they're getting in to room and just not roaming all over ship at all hours...but that's me...hope suggestion helped, and goodluck w/your future sailings :D

For those who have cruised with teenagers (14&17), we are currently booked on NCL Epic in a family balcony category room with a queen bed, sofa bed and pullman. Would you recommend keeping or switching to a standard balcony room (for mom & dad) and an interior for kids (in close proximity)? Price increase is about $300 total. Thanks for the feedback.

We did the balcony and interior once with teen boys. You'll all have a more relaxing trip. You'll probably be required to have an adult registered in each cabin, then just exchange key cards once onboard - be sure to get an extra one for their cabin. Also good idea to give the steward a couple pictures of Andrew Jackson on the first day, since the kids cabin will probably require a little more of his attention. Make sure to set rules and expectations for the kids !!

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick question in regards to the $300 more...

this seems like a 'no brainer' but how are you getting the inside cabin for only $300?

I'm trying to plan the same thing but looking at booking each cabin separately and trying to match them up (next to each other)....and it's getting expensive.

Is there an easier way that I don't know about? :)

• 2 weeks later...

After picking my most awesome travel agent's brain, we've booked two connecting cabins. One for us and the other for the 21 year old and the 3 year old (no, that's not a typo!). The 21 year old is happy because she complains about her dad's snoring and said she'd gladly share with her baby sister :)