World Club

spinnaker

I have just received details of my Unique Reference Number (URN) and have been told that I am registered as a Silver member of the Cunard World Club.

Sounds great, but does anyone know if this actually means anything or is this just a fancy title for the entry level?! And other than the 5% past traveller discount is it useful in any way?

Thanks,

Matt

I have just received details of my Unique Reference Number (URN) and have been told that I am registered as a Silver member of the Cunard World Club.

Sounds great, but does anyone know if this actually means anything or is this just a fancy title for the entry level?! And other than the 5% past traveller discount is it useful in any way?

Thanks,

Matt

you will now get special pricing offers on future sailing sometims as much as a 60 % discount!! case in point QM2 dec sailings to the caribbe offered as much as a 60% discount!!!(i.e PGRILL=$ 1,999.00 usd and QGRILL + $ 2,999. usd for an 8 day sailing)

Here's what Cunard say about the WC:

There are three levels of World Club membership:

Silver Cunarder (2nd Voyage)

Guests who have completed one voyage with Cunard will enjoy the following benefits on their second voyage:

Savings on Club Value Sailings

Onboard Club Representative

Access to the Cunard World Club Desk

Club mailings with exclusive savings offers

Club Newsletter – The Cunarder (every 6 months)

Access to the members-only Cunard World Club website

Gold Cunarder (3rd-7th Voyage)

Once a World Club Member has completed 2 Cunard voyages they enjoy even more benefits on their third to seventh voyages, giving them even more ways to enjoy a cruise to exciting destinations around the globe. In addition to the benefits offered to Silver World Club members, Gold Cunarders are invited to our onboard World Club parties – available on sailings of more than four days – and receive a beautiful Gold Cunarder pin.

Platinum Cunarder (8th Voyage and up)

For those guests who have completed seven voyages or have completed a Cunard voyage of 48 consectutive days or more (all on one booking reference), there are even more benefits that come with their World Club membership on their subsequent voyages.

In addition to the core benefits offered to Silver Cunarders, Platinum-level World Club members enjoy:

Onboard World Club parties (available on sailings of more than four days)

Priority check-in*

Priority embarkation*

Invitations to onboard Senior Officers’ parties

A Platinum Cunarder pin

* Priority check-in and priority embarkation may be available only at specific ports or on selected sailings.

Appart from the priority check-in the special offers are about the only thing worth having!

Thank you - the savings will be good to have anyway!

Apologies for the long list, but can any experienced Cunarder please tell me...

• What are " Club Value Sailings? "
  • How often are there Club mailings with exclusive savings offers?
  • I've had a look at the members-only Cunard World Club website but can't really see any difference to the normal one - am I missing something?
  • Are the 60% etc. savings advertised in any ways other than the above? (I'd hate to miss any!!)
  • Do the savings increase with each level of membership? I've only made one voyage but have booked for 2 more - got the 5% discount - was I entitled to anything else?

Thanks for all help,

Matt

Thank you - the savings will be good to have anyway!

Apologies for the long list, but can any experienced Cunarder please tell me...

• What are " Club Value Sailings? "
  • How often are there Club mailings with exclusive savings offers?
  • I've had a look at the members-only Cunard World Club website but can't really see any difference to the normal one - am I missing something?
  • Are the 60% etc. savings advertised in any ways other than the above? (I'd hate to miss any!!)
  • Do the savings increase with each level of membership? I've only made one voyage but have booked for 2 more - got the 5% discount - was I entitled to anything else?

Thanks for all help,

Matt

The special pricing may come as an email or as happened to us once it was an insert for world club members in cunards magazine which i prompltly tossed in the garbage without reading it!! however my wife picked it up and found a 60% savings notice for world club member only and we booked another cruise!!The offer was too good to refuse!! I guess we recieve these notices once or twice a year and usually on trips that are not filling up quickly!!This year we booked on the dec 9,2006 cruise at a 60 % savings!!best regards

The World club magazine, For August l thought was the worst one yet !!! nothing more than a sales brochure, the news was printed in the previous edition, and dare l say pretty pathetic.

The fact that it was never mailed out and l had to request a copy didnt help much either, but l did get my new membership number on a temp card, How long does it take them to get these things organised,

The only thing that benefits platinum members is the priority checkin, and the invite to the officers party...

remember the slogan.. "Book early and save" if only it were true !!

cheers

Myles

who got the call today to say the tickets were on the way!! just over 4 weeks to go

I hope you bought your wife a large drink for that!

Was the 60% saving on the Sailaway price or the original full brochure price?

the 60% discount was off the published brochure price not the early booking fare!! 60 % is the best discount i have ever seen but i've heard of 70% from others!!!

Is this someting only for UK/US citizens?

Now I am going on my third Cunard Cruise and have discovered I am a gold member. But I have never received any mailings what so ever in Norway. Nor am I allowed to register on the website as it is on for UK residents.

I don't mind but what is the point of offering it in the first place to Europeans when don't get what they promise. Not terribly good PR.

Reint

Is this someting only for UK/US citizens?

Now I am going on my third Cunard Cruise and have discovered I am a gold member. But I have never received any mailings what so ever in Norway. Nor am I allowed to register on the website as it is on for UK residents.

I don't mind but what is the point of offering it in the first place to Europeans when don't get what they promise. Not terribly good PR.

Reint

have you signed up for the emails!! i have signed up for emails in the usa and the uk !!!big difference in pricing seems like the brits always pay more than the yanks. best regards

Nor am I allowed to register on the website as it is on for UK residents.

You should be able to access the WC online part - if you've no joy getting the details from Cunard - they don't try to keep them secret - drop me an email and I'll tell you what they are (they're the same for everybody and the same for both UK and US sites).

Big difference in pricing seems like the Brits always pay more than the Yanks

You bet we do:(

big difference in pricing seems like the brits always pay more than the yanks. best regards

I have only looked at a few prices for cruises that we may want to go on, but have not found much difference between US and UK prices at the moment, after taking into account the fact that the UK included flights and the US did not. For one though, the US price was more expensive even before flights!

Phileas

Who would just love to be going on the QM2 world cruise in a few months, but fortunately cannot afford the time as I might have ended up doubling my weight with all that tempting food on offer! ;)

you will now get special pricing offers on future sailing sometims as much as a 60 % discount!! case in point QM2 dec sailings to the caribbe offered as much as a 60% discount!!!(i.e PGRILL=$ 1,999.00 usd and QGRILL + $ 2,999. usd for an 8 day sailing)

i just recieved an e mail ffrom cunard $799.00 eastbound crossing 6 days november 5th 2006 free upgrade to a balcony!! also $1999.00 p-3 cat and $2,999.00 Q-6 cat!! really great prices!!

I'll turn Platinum on my Westbound Transatlantic next year :)

Hope their computer system is updated.

I'll turn Platinum on my Westbound Transatlantic next year :)

Hope their computer system is updated.

make sure you bring this to cunards attention they have a history of overlooking things like the number of past voyages!! good luck

Does anyone know if a 'back to back' counts as two cruises? We had two booking references, which suggests that it would.

I think it should, although I can't give a definitive answer (a bit like Cunard:D ). Why don't you ring the WC and check how many voyages they've recorded for you?

I think it should, although I can't give a definitive answer (a bit like Cunard:D ). Why don't you ring the WC and check how many voyages they've recorded for you?

Thanks, I've dropped them an email, since I've found in the past that they are quite responsive to those. I've also asked if they have our wedding anniversary marked against the cruise as requested to our TA :)

Does anyone know if a 'back to back' counts as two cruises? We had two booking references, which suggests that it would.

Our May 23 eastbound and May 29 westbound crossings counted as two cruises.

Paul

make sure you bring this to cunards attention they have a history of overlooking things like the number of past voyages!! good luck

Good idea, to begin with they lost my first 4 voyages but I was able to prove them.

That is a tip well worth knowing - In the past I've always tried by telephone and ended up with a different answer each time I've called!

Before our last cruise I emailed CWC and asked about laundry costs, they sent me a list. I then asked what enrichment programmes would be featured, they didn't know at the time, but later came back to me with the answer once they had received it from the USA. I also asked how many youngsters of around my daughters age would be on board and they gave me those figures too!

I have never called them so I can't compare - I rarely call anyone I can email these days :D

Archived