Valley church beach

ALLY17

STAY AWAY FROM THE JET SKI RENTALS!!!

Perfect beach!! (There is a little bit of a drop when you get into the water and I did see some people struggling to get over the drop when trying to get out of the water), 2 chairs and an umbrella came out to $20, $30 per person to rent a jet ski for 30 minutes.... The jet ski was running fine and when we tried to turn around to go back, It was SO SLOW!! It took us almost 20 minutes just to get back. Right when we get back, the guy who sold us the jet ski was pretty much pissed that we took long and continued to curse at us in his language.. Only reason why I know is the constant f bomb he kept dropping! SO RUDE!! All he cared about was us getting our butts off the jet ski so he could pass it on to the next person!!

I say about a 20-30 minute drive.. We were the only ship in port so there were a lot of drivers trying to lower their price to get us to go with them. We ended up paying $32 for a round trip taxi for 2 people, without tip.

What is your opinion of the beach I have read such mixed reviews

I say about a 20-30 minute drive.. We were the only ship in port so there were a lot of drivers trying to lower their price to get us to go with them. We ended up paying $32 for a round trip taxi for 2 people, without tip.

what are you looking to do at the beach? Any water activities? Or just looking to relax?

This beach was beautiful! The waster temperature was perfect to just walk right in. Besides the encounter with the jetski, I would go here again... We rented 2 beach chairs and an umbrella for $20. Then there was also a bar and a restaurant there as well. We spent about $50 for a cocktail and 2 meals. There's a bathroom there as well with changing rooms.

Have 2 small kids just looking for a beautiful beach that is safe to spend the day not looking to rent jet ski's or any of that.

Oh and that is clean

what are you looking to do at the beach? Any water activities? Or just looking to relax?

This beach was beautiful! The waster temperature was perfect to just walk right in. Besides the encounter with the jetski, I would go here again... We rented 2 beach chairs and an umbrella for $20. Then there was also a bar and a restaurant there as well. We spent about $50 for a cocktail and 2 meals. There's a bathroom there as well with changing rooms.

Have 2 small kids just looking for a beautiful beach that is safe to spend the day not looking to rent jet ski's or any of that.

Oh and that is clean

If your requirement also includes shabby chic class, good food, good drinks, and well away from the cruise herds, then consider Jacqui O's, but if arriving on a Monday (JO Closed) then it has to be Cecelia's

Both welcome children and are child friendly. Your little ones will have a huge beach with space aplenty to run free and explore, without encountering the voiciferious Miserables who make up the herds. All this in a secure environment.

But take a look at both to make an excellent decision.

It is advisable to book lunch and the day in advance.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

You might want to look for a different beach. I would recommend this beach but the drop in the water wouldn't make me feel comfortable if I were to bring my niece or nephew. One step into the water your ankles are in the water, the next step you are knee deep. Not too bad but if your kids can swim, but besides the drop in the water that's the only thing that would hold me back from bringing kids there. Also the sand is nice but there were a lot of sea shells, didn't hurt my feet but doesn't make for nice sand castles lol! Hope my info has helped!

You might want to look for a different beach. I would recommend this beach but the drop in the water wouldn't make me feel comfortable if I were to bring my niece or nephew. One step into the water your ankles are in the water, the next step you are knee deep. Not too bad but if your kids can swim, but besides the drop in the water that's the only thing that would hold me back from bringing kids there. Also the sand is nice but there were a lot of sea shells, didn't hurt my feet but doesn't make for nice sand castles lol! Hope my info has helped!

Fair point, as in places, this could be the only slight negative for JO. Then, by the CC process of ellimination, it has to be Cecelia's as the number one choice. :)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I must be missing something because I have tried looking up several ways Cecelia's Beach and I can't find anything. Do you have a link ?

Fair point, as in places, this could be the only slight negative for JO. Then, by the CC process of ellimination, it has to be Cecelia's as the number one choice. :)

I must be missing something because I have tried looking up several ways Cecelia's Beach and I can't find anything. Do you have a link ?

http://highpointantigua.com

Menu prices are show in Eastern Caribbean Dollars, not US$, as this tends to scare off some people.

There are always daily specials on the board.

Enjoy :)

Link for the beach..... http://highpointantigua.com/wp-content/gallery/people-main/highpoint-antigua.jpg

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I didn't have time to read all the responses, so someone may have told how long (time wise) it takes to get to Valley Church Beach. As we took about a 1 1/2 hour tour, and then he dropped us off at the beach for about an hour, and then it was at least 1/2 hour or more before we got back to the ship.

I would say Valley Church Beach is good for children too, as I seen many in/on the beach too. They do have beach chairs if you want to rent them, but we just laid on the towels, and I did a lot of beach walking, which I love to do, especially since I am from "Missouri." HA!

Another good thing about this beach, there is no charge to use it, unless you buy food, or rent chair, etc.

We paid $20 for the tour, and taking us to the beach too. Just make sure you "talk" about price, and do not pay, until they pick you back up.

I agree about the drop off on the beach. Many, many people had difficulty getting up the hill. My husband ended up giving a hand to several people who just could not get out of the water. It was interesting watching the different ways people tried to get out of the water. If you have knee issues or balance issues, I wouldn't try this beach. The Chairs were reasonably priced and the food and drinks were very good. Good service at the restaurant. Plenty of taxes looking for fares going back so there is no problem finding a ride back at $8.00 per person (one way).

We did not use any tour group, we just got a van, (the man ASK us where we wanted to go to, and we told him Valley Church Beach, and maybe a little tour), and he said he would take us around for two hours, plus the beach. We TALKED price first, and then we went.