Freedom OTS - February 8, 2015 Review

Shore Man

There is also a Dreamworks channel. It played a loop of Madagascar 2, Kung fu panda 2, one of the later shreks, monsters v. Aliens and megamind, and how to train your dragon. It never changed so I caught multiple parts of each flicking through.

Thank you.

We were on the same cruise, thanks for your hilarious review! We had some of the same observations. We also 'be poor', plus we have to fly everywhere and our Canadian dollar is crap, so we had an inside cabin too. When I filled in my cruise evaluation, I mentioned the location of the bathroom light switch. It would be much handier if it was inside the bathroom, or at least on the side where the door opens if it has to be outside.

We also loved the Boston Tribute band. I saw the guys the next day in the Promenade and talked to them briefly. They said they were used to the 'older' crowd walking out, and we joked that maybe some people thought it was going to be a Boston Pops tribute :)

Edited by Goof3

Well, maybe he could’ve done something about the hot tub. Because it was, if I could sum it up in one word, HOT! Ridiculously hot! I tried to get into it, dipping myself one inch at a time, and man that was not working. So I decided the only smart thing to do was to completely submerge myself. Down I go. Now, I’m trying to recall the exact time I concluded that this was a really, really bad idea. .

This part got my interest because 1. I consider myself something of a hot tub expert as moderator of a popular hot tub owners forum. 2. I've owned a hot tub for 12 years and absolutely love them.

The hot tubs will be a part of my upcoming review. Historically on most Royal ships it can be hard to find a HOT hot tub. By that I mean at least 101 degrees. I can tell a hot tubs temp within .5F easily and reliably. Now if you have bad sunburn anything over 98 can seem too hot. But Royal closes so many down and frequently the only ones open at night are 95 degrees or so, which is a total wast of time at night.

wondering if you heard any noise from above being on deck 10?? Thinking of booking an inside on this deck and cannot find any info on noises for insides?

Loved your review!!

We heard no noise whatsoever. I wouldn't worry about noises. The only real complaint that I have with inside cabins is that since it's so dark, you really have no idea what time it is, especially in the morning when you're trying to gauge when to wake up (e.g., no sun in your eyes telling you to get up!).

Hello, we are going on FOS on March 15. Do you know if they had a welcome aboard parade on the Royal Promenade the day of embarkation? If so, do you know what time it was? I am making dining reservations and don't want to miss it.

Thank you.

Can any recent cruiser comment on whether they added the beverage station in the solarium? We found it so nice to be able to grab a flavored water, cup of coffee or just a glass of water without having to leave the solarium. Of course, we LOVED having Park Cafe in the solarium on the Brilliance. We could always grab fruit or yogurt or a quick sandwich or soup. I was hoping they might add a similar option on Freedom.

Can any recent cruiser comment on whether they added the beverage station in the solarium? We found it so nice to be able to grab a flavored water, cup of coffee or just a glass of water without having to leave the solarium. Of course, we LOVED having Park Cafe in the solarium on the Brilliance. We could always grab fruit or yogurt or a quick sandwich or soup. I was hoping they might add a similar option on Freedom.

If I remember correctly there is no such beverage station in the solarium. They did have a Solarium bar, however.

I'm on Freedom in October its the wife and I's anniversary. I loved the review the way you wrote it definitely was not boring.

(I'm in Tampa also and if you want some good pizza you have to go to Eddie and Sams downtown that place is awesome. There is also a little place in Ybor i can't remember the name right now but they are even rude just like in NY lol)

Thank you for your funny review and great sense of humor. It has been a very emotional sad day for me as I lost my father last night. But in between all the tears you had me chuckle. You don't know how much I appreciate getting away from it allfor a few minutes while reading your review.

Thank you for your funny review and great sense of humor. It has been a very emotional sad day for me as I lost my father last night. But in between all the tears you had me chuckle. You don't know how much I appreciate getting away from it all for a few minutes while reading your review.

Oh dear, please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss. I'm glad that I was able to somehow provide a little relief to what I'm sure was a very stressful and otherwise awful day.