No Maui shorex

Acrusa

There are no shore excursions in Maui for our upcoming cruise on Oceania.My wife and I would like to have a private or group tour to the upcountry,Ulupalakua ranch and Tedeschi winery. Will be docking in Kahului. Do not want to rent a car

Any tour operators that you can recommend?

There are no shore excursions in Maui for our upcoming cruise on Oceania.My wife and I would like to have a private or group tour to the upcountry,Ulupalakua ranch and Tedeschi winery. Will be docking in Kahului. Do not want to rent a car

While there are small tours of the area, the prices for the tours are not small. What you suggest involves an extremely easy drive of about 26 miles through Upcountry to the ranch and winery and then back again on the same road. If possible, do give more thought to renting a car. You can stop wherever and whenever you want that way. No matter whether on a tour or privately with your own car, you have chosen a very pleasant way to spend your time on Maui (have you guessed that we live Upcountry?).

There are no shore excursions in Maui for our upcoming cruise on Oceania.My wife and I would like to have a private or group tour to the upcountry, Ulupalakua ranch and Tedeschi winery. Will be docking in Kahului. Do not want to rent a car

I would agree with the other post, renting a car for the day would be your most feasible way of doing the upcountry as you described.

Is there a reason you would prefer not to rent a car? I found a daily rate quite reasonable and provides for flexibility.

Perhaps give Valley Isle Excursions a call/email. They use small 12 passenger buses for their tours, perhaps they can help.

For the record I adore upcountry Maui - but was a bit disappointed by the winery "tour" - a 15 minute presentation really, and no view of the vineyards (they're on private property and not open to the public):(. The tastings were free (3 per person). We piggybacked it with the $10 tour of the Organic Vodka Farm (which also included tasting) (http://www.oceanvodka.com) we were impressed with what this farm is doing (my adult D is a certified sommelier, and into organic farming) - after leaving the vodka farm we stopped at the Surfing Goat Dairy Farm (5 minutes from Ocean Vodka). We didn't do a "tour" but we did buy some goat cheese, which was delicious! :p After the winery we stopped for some home-baked treats and Maui grown/roasted organic coffee at Grandmas, a cute mom & pop 5 minutes from the winery, on the way back to town. You could also side trek to Makawao - a very nice village with some unique shops and eateries, and continue to Paia another nice village with some unique shops and eateries. These are all within a 20-30 minute drive from one another, and pretty much off the "tourist" path.

I hope I helped.

Are there rental car companies at the pier?

First of all, where are you coming ashore? You could be docking at Kahalui, or tendering at Lahaina (which is probably more likely).

Looking down the board will give you many threads on rental cars. No, there aren't any car rentals at the dock, but depending on where you come ashore, they can be from 5 or so minutes away, to maybe 15.

Edited by CruiserBruce

If you will be aboard the Sirena, you will be docked in Kahului Harbor from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. according to Oceania's schedule. Make a car rental reservation in advance and pick up the agency's shuttle at the dock to go to the airport rental location less than three miles away. As advised, do check for threads on this forum to find out which agency suits you. When you return the car to the airport, the shuttle should return you to the ship. Maui is really an easy island to navigate by car.

If you will be aboard the Sirena, you will be docked in Kahului Harbor from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. according to Oceania's schedule. Make a car rental reservation in advance and pick up the agency's shuttle at the dock to go to the airport rental location less than three miles away. As advised, do check for threads on this forum to find out which agency suits you. When you return the car to the airport, the shuttle should return you to the ship. Maui is really an easy island to navigate by car.

They might have changed departure time to 5:00 PM.I understand there is an enterprise rental in the Maui mall,is it easier then a shuttle?

Edited by Acrusa