Rhapsody

MJDMV

I read that on some European trips that when you check in for the cruise they will take your passport and hold it for you until the end of the trip or report if it's necessary. Is this the case on the Rhapsody going to Greece? Just curious...

Never happened to us in Europe sailing from:-

Southampton, Barcelona,Rome,Malaga or Copenhagen.

Only time they kept our passports was at check in at Dubai.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I read that on some European trips that when you check in for the cruise they will take your passport and hold it for you until the end of the trip or report if it's necessary. Is this the case on the Rhapsody going to Greece? Just curious...

As a US citizen my passport was held twice - once on a Med cruise which included a stop in Turkey and once on a cruise out of Dubai. Other Med/European cruises I've done passport has not been held. These did not include a stop in Turkey, I think that was the key.

As a US citizen my passport was held twice - once on a Med cruise which included a stop in Turkey and once on a cruise out of Dubai. Other Med/European cruises I've done passport has not been held. These did not include a stop in Turkey, I think that was the key.

This was because Turkey require you to have a visa to enter unless you are on a ship and cruising from Dubai around the Emirates your passport will also be stamped by Abu Dhabi and Oman as well as Dubai.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I also returned from a B2B cruise on the Rhapsody (July 22 & 29th). No passports were collected on either itinerary.

CD was Patricio Honares and Activities Manager was Dani ......can't remember his surname.

The Activity Manager was Dani Dornas. He also led awesome Zumba classes - for those who are interested.

He and Patricio made a fantastic team.

Lots of good fun on the Rhapsody on both the July 22 and July 29 sailings. The atmosphere on the ship was incredible. Very international group of passengers. Lots of fun!

SO happy to hear of the positivity from recent Rhapsody travelers. It's hard to find trip reports and reviews of this ship - the good but mostly bad. We are 2 months away from our sailing - can't wait!

Here is my blog for the Rhapsody TA this spring http://rhapsodyots.blogspot.ca/

It includes a full review.