Jewel of the Seas Internet

Just got of the cruise Jewel of the Seas Aug 21-28, 2015. The internet is horrible.

Signed up for WIFI and could not get it to work in the Grand Suite. Went to Guest Services and they said they did not have WIFI in the staterooms and handed me a paper that stated same. You had to physically go to only a few places on the ship for a hot spot.

There was an ethernet plug in, in the room, but Guest Services said it was not functioning. And I didn't bring an ethernet cable.

Not my idea of WIFI. I'm not into lugging my computer stuff all over the ship just to log on. I ended up just using the internet to print my airline boarding passes. It was OK for that.

The nice thing was, there were very few, if any people using the hot spots and supplied computers. You pretty much had the place, and the computers, to yourself.

My phone was better, faster, and less expensive to log on to emails.

I hope for the renovation they beef up the internet access so you can access the internet in your room.

This is not my idea of WIFI especially at $40 per day. Guest Services was cordial about this and was willing to credit back to my account.

... I hope for the renovation they beef up the internet access so you can access the internet in your room....

Pervasive WiFi is one of the improvements planned for the revitalization dry dock.

Edited by clarea

• 3 months later...
Where are the hot spots on the Jewel if one were to try to use it?

I may be getting ships mixed up, but I thought someone posted that Jewel had been wired for pervasive wireless.

If not, the typical hotspots would be Windjammer, Schooner, Centrum, Viking Crown, possibly the Solarium, etc.

I may be getting ships mixed up, but I thought someone posted that Jewel had been wired for pervasive wireless.

If not, the typical hotspots would be Windjammer, Schooner, Centrum, Viking Crown, possibly the Solarium, etc.

Thanks. We will see when we get there before we purchase!

We were on the Jewel September of this year and the last few days of the Cruise there was a contractor on board and they were running cable at that time. I didn't ask but my guess would be it was for the new pervasive wireless.

We were on the Jewel September of this year and the last few days of the Cruise there was a contractor on board and they were running cable at that time. I didn't ask but my guess would be it was for the new pervasive wireless.

Thanks. glad to know my mind is not completely gone.:)

We were on her in Aug and Sept. The ship had wifi antennas in the stateroom hallways, but it was not hooked up. We still had to go where they had computers set up to get the wireless to work.

"pervasive wireless", don't you mean evasive wireless? Ha.

We were on her in Aug and Sept. The ship had wifi antennas in the stateroom hallways, but it was not hooked up. We still had to go where they had computers set up to get the wireless to work.

"pervasive wireless", don't you mean evasive wireless? Ha.

I stand corrected.

Just got of the cruise Jewel of the Seas Aug 21-28, 2015. The internet is horrible.

Signed up for WIFI and could not get it to work in the Grand Suite. Went to Guest Services and they said they did not have WIFI in the staterooms and handed me a paper that stated same. You had to physically go to only a few places on the ship for a hot spot.

There was an ethernet plug in, in the room, but Guest Services said it was not functioning. And I didn't bring an ethernet cable.

Not my idea of WIFI. I'm not into lugging my computer stuff all over the ship just to log on. I ended up just using the internet to print my airline boarding passes. It was OK for that.

The nice thing was, there were very few, if any people using the hot spots and supplied computers. You pretty much had the place, and the computers, to yourself.

My phone was better, faster, and less expensive to log on to emails.

I hope for the renovation they beef up the internet access so you can access the internet in your room.

This is not my idea of WIFI especially at $40 per day. Guest Services was cordial about this and was willing to credit back to my account.

I got pretty good signal right outside the concierge in the Yacht Club. Hope there were no scorpions HAHAHHA

• 6 months later...