Mahahual

pearose

We have never been to Costa Maya before and my son found a place called Mahahual. It looks really nice. Has anyone else been there? Is there a charge outside of the taxi ride to get there and back? I read it is very close to the port. Any info and/or complaints/recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never been to Costa Maya before and my son found a place called Mahahual. It looks really nice. Has anyone else been there? Is there a charge outside of the taxi ride to get there and back? I read it is very close to the port. Any info and/or complaints/recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mahahual is the village just outside of the constructed port area. It used to be a sleepy fishing village but after the big hurricane a few years back which did so much damage it was rebuilt with help from Mexican government and a new paved road put through the town. This is the malecon which is talked about so much on here. If you glance through the posts on this board all the beach clubs mentioned, Blue Kay, Tropicante, Yaya , nohoch Kay, Pez Quadro etc are all beach clubs along the malecon.

$3 ride there and you can walk the length of the malecon and take your pick!

Its a do not miss great little place to just go down and kick back and just relax . We always go to El Faro Beer is like 6 for $10 food is cheap I f you spend a little money all the chairs are complimentary. They will bust their butts waiting on you. Love the downtown area.

Super easy to get to and cheap. Just buy your tickets once you exit the port to get on the bus/open are tram and you are there in a quick 5-10 minutes and only $3pp. It's only $2 pp for a cab ride back and any of the places will call you a cab.

We have been to Nohoch Kay and Blue Kay there and absolutely loved Blue Kay the last time we were there a few months ago. It's beautiful, huge and a great place to hang out at (and free compared to the other places along there). I have a review listed in my signature line with tons of pictures if you are interested. :)

I can personally vouch for Tropicante. No charge for beach chairs as long as you order some food and beverages, all of which are reasonably priced and the food mouth watering! The beach and water are amazing, and the owner friendly.

I can personally vouch for Tropicante. No charge for beach chairs as long as you order some food and beverages, all of which are reasonably priced and the food mouth watering! The beach and water are amazing, and the owner friendly.

I second that. Had a fabulous time at the Tropicante in December.

The owner came out to meet us and made us feel very comfortable.

Food was great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just returned from Costa Maya and yes please take the taxi for 2.00 or the shuttle for 3.00 to the beach. It was beautiful. Steve, owner of Tropicante was very nice and had our chairs ready for us. We were there 1-8:00 p.m. so that made our beach day short. Shrimp was excellent. Beers were $16.00 for a bucket of 6. Check out the Tropicante....