Harbor Lights,Lobsters Alive or Boatyard for the day?

Harrylinden

Suggest you take the taxi to Lobsters Alive, it is next to the Boatyard. You can access the beach directly before you pay whilst the Boatyard wouldn't let you onto the beach area thru their premises before you pay. Then you find that most of the decent chair locations are taken. Better to stay at Lobsters Alive.

Prices as at December 2016 :-

Boatyard charge $40 for a 2 loungers and umbrella, 1 free drink each and taxi back to the ship.

Lobsters Alive charge $15 for 2 lounges and umbrella (better quality by far), 3 half price drinks (Taxi back to the ship $5/pp)

We just did Harbor Lights and we LOVED it. The sand and water are amazing. d6cff9901ba8af3ac6e91e0ccd3cd0d9.jpg2f6f8f59d3e8d9de7046b6eee8b49260.jpgfe79ec7d0e77e44f51707abc813b945d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you SOOO much for that picture of the sign with the prices. I have been to The Boatyard twice and took part of their turtle snorkeling "tour" and was disappointed with it (the turtle tour, NOT The Boatyard in itself). Since I'm going back in the summer of '18, I was looking for a new place to spend the day and I think I can start to make a better decision now.

For info - if you have your own fins and snorkel, it is an easy swim out to turtles. Just look for where there are a lot of people snorkelling having left a boat. But only do it if you are a competent swimmer.

I'm a very competent swimmer and experienced snorkeler and that was a LONG way out from the shore! :o

I'm a very competent swimmer and experienced snorkeler and that was a LONG way out from the shore! :o

I may look like it's "just over there" but it's a good 250-300 yards from shore. I'm a good swimmer and I'd still pay to be taken instead of swimming there myself.

Just to be clear, I would not go there without fins. I am not a strong swimmer, not very fit, but I am very comfortable snorkelling when there are no strong currents. I did not swim out to wherever the wreck is, only to where some people were snorkelling with turtles, with the guides putting food into the sea to entice the turtles. I stand by my statement that if you have fins and are comfortable in the water, then you can get there easily. I swam out with a friend who had only started snorkelling on the cruise and he was surprised how easy it was. Although we joked we were the men from Atlantis, trust me, we and especially me are far from it.

• 2 weeks later...
If you want a truly amazing turtle experience look up Cliff Sharker. He will have you at the turtles 30 minutes before any other tour. That's by far my most favorite excursion ever.

Sounds great!

Can you provide more details ... which tour did you select (seems they have 3 choices)?

It looks like we'd need to take a cab to Cliff Sharker, there and back. How long and how much ... and any issues with getting a return cab?

• 1 month later...

$4 to $5 per person Taxi fare to Carlisle Bay where Harbor Lights is just past the Boatyard and Lobsters Alive...$10 per person for 2 chars and an umbrella.

drinks ranged from $6 to $7 and they were very tasty....Beers were I think $4 a piece. They had buckets of beer, but I did not see prices for those. They also have a snack bar with food. People seemed to be enjoying the food.

Great beach...nice chairs. You can purchase the turtle excursion, or glass bottom boat on the side.

There where some tables set up selling souveniers and jewelry on the property.

We deffinately be back