Specialty dining on Star

We are going on the Star at the end of May and wish to book 3 meals in speciality restaurants. We have been in La Cucina and Moderna recently on Getaway and really enjoyed both. Can anyone recommend them on Star - and which other is definitely worth booking? Not sure between Le Bistro and Cagney's.

We are going on the Star at the end of May and wish to book 3 meals in speciality restaurants. We have been in La Cucina and Moderna recently on Getaway and really enjoyed both. Can anyone recommend them on Star - and which other is definitely worth booking? Not sure between Le Bistro and Cagney's.

I liked both Cagney's and Moderna on the Star. The staff was the best in Moderna all the way from the waiters to as we called them "the meat pushers" up to the top. they were all pleasant, helpful, and friendly. A bit of an FYI both restaurants share the same kitchen. One night we were not having the greatest service from our waiter and Richard took over from him (kind of stole us from him) and was the best.. On a side note Richard also works O'Shehans for lunch.

We enjoyed La Cucina and Moderno the Star. Service at Le Bistro was dreadful. I had to go to the near by bar to get water and we waited 45 minutes for appetizers. Avoid Le Bistro on the Star.

Teppanyaki is the most popular, but is hard to book on the Star because I think that it is still a single table room. Cagney's is the second most popular and is our favorite restaurant (we book it several times a cruise). Lately, Le Bistro, not so much because of changes in its menu.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated. I had already booked Le Bistro but have decided I now want to change it to Cagneys. Can I do this online - maybe I'm not looking correctly?

You can't change it online. Call the general reservation number to make the change.

BTW good choice!

Just had a look at the dining for our star trip in May and Teppanyaki is not showing. Is this normal for Teppanyaki or does it mean it's sold out?

All other specialitys show up.

Just had a look at the dining for our star trip in May and Teppanyaki is not showing. Is this normal for Teppanyaki or does it mean it's sold out?

Not really...I heard from my TA that they only book for 50 percent online and 50 percent booking on the ship...so u still might have a chance...

but on the other hand, only one table in the teppanyaki on the star is just too tight

Someone posted on another thread, that because it's only 1 table, it can only be booked onboard.

It sold out 90 days before your cruise. A limited number of seats are held for onboard bookings. But they will sell out in an hour or two on embarkation day. Teppanyaki is the most popular restaurant followed by Cagneys. Both will sell out.

You can book the Teppanayaki resturant once you get on the ship. They do no let you prebook this on the Star because the whole room (very small) where these 2 tables are only hold a total of 16-18 guests at a time.

We love Le Bistro- I just reviewed it here:

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialty-dining-on-norwegian-le-bistro.html

You can book the Teppanayaki resturant once you get on the ship. They do no let you prebook this on the Star because the whole room (very small) where these 2 tables are only hold a total of 16-18 guests at a time.

This is the truth about Teppanayaki on the star. It is the smallest one I have seen.

We enjoyed Le Bistro on the Jewel class ships and on the Sun. OP asked about Le Bistro on the Star. It is smaller than on the other ships and has no windows. It does have a small wine cellar "inside patio" that is ok, but it is next to the bar entertainment acts so you can't really have a conversation. It isn't the nicest venue and the service in Le Bistro on the Star in February was terrible.

I believe on the Dawn (the Star's sister ship) Le Bistro and La Cucina changed spaces so Le Bistro is now in a space similar to the Pearl and other Jewel class ships. I still say skip Le Bistro on the Star and stick with Cagneys, Moderno or La Cucina.

Booked Cagney's and Le Bistro a couple of days ago but they're not showing up as booked items in my holiday summary. Is this normal or should I rebook ?

I can't actually recall where they should show up in the holiday summary (my upcoming cruise is messed up there, so things aren't showing properly for me). However, can you access your docs yet? If so then they should certainly be listed there.

If you really aren't sure then I'd give them a call and check whether they are showing up. They should be able to email you a confirmation.

I can't actually recall where they should show up in the holiday summary (my upcoming cruise is messed up there, so things aren't showing properly for me). However, can you access your docs yet? If so then they should certainly be listed there.

If you really aren't sure then I'd give them a call and check whether they are showing up. They should be able to email you a confirmation.

Thanks Keith, 57 days out and they're not on my cruise docs so I think I will call them.

As a point of interest if you go on your cruise summary pick a date, there is a button that says "Print booked items" which is where I first noticed them not showing up. Not sure that meals are supposed to show up there but it got me thinking.

Thanks Keith, 57 days out and they're not on my cruise docs so I think I will call them.

As a point of interest if you go on your cruise summary pick a date, there is a button that says "Print booked items" which is where I first noticed them not showing up. Not sure that meals are supposed to show up there but it got me thinking.

Yes, I think you are right that they should be listed there.

Unfortunately I can't check, as my reservation is messed up on myncl, and I don't see the list of dates in the holiday summary section, so I can't confirm it.

• 3 weeks later...