Ruby Princess Cabin Configuration

gators70

We are traveling the Med for 12 days on the Ruby Princess in June. We have a party of ten and both my son's family and my daughter's family will require three in a cabin. We specifically booked triples for their families and doubles for everyone else. We are in Ocen-view rooms on the Baja deck. Can someone please tell me how the cabins for three people are configured? Is there an overhead/drop-down bunk bed for the third party? Is there a Murphy Bed? Surely there is no room for a roll-away. Thanks in advance.

We are traveling the Med for 12 days on the Ruby Princess in June. We have a party of ten and both my son's family and my daughter's family will require three in a cabin. We specifically booked triples for their families and doubles for everyone else. We are in Ocen-view rooms on the Baja deck. Can someone please tell me how the cabins for three people are configured? Is there an overhead/drop-down bunk bed for the third party? Is there a Murphy Bed? Surely there is no room for a roll-away. Thanks in advance.

If you are on the Baja deck you have balcony rooms not ocean view rooms. The 3rd & 4th beds come out of the ceiling. You will not even know they are there when not in use.

Just off the Ruby on 1/27... our room was set up with the King and the third bed dropped from the ceiling - is will be located on the "inside" wall in the stateroom... our room could handle a roll-away, but there would be absolutely no room to get around in the room... Thank goodness for the balcony, that gives a bit more room while waiting for our better half to dress!!! Access to the "upper berth" is by stepping on the lower bed into the upper bed... I did not see any type of ladder for access.

The King Bed (can be converted to two twins as well) has a night stand on either side approximatey 12in square of surface space. then on the outboard side of the nightstand was a desk area approximately 36 in lond x 12in deep of surface. in the corner, opposite the bed was a corner cabinet - TV on top and an 18in x18in area where a tray & glasses are stored. below that is a mini fridge (typical of the college dorm type)

The older Princess ships had the sofa type that would swing up as a bunk (Dawn Princess) , but I do not believe the Ruby has anything of these type

Just off the Ruby on 1/27... our room was set up with the King and the third bed dropped from the ceiling - is will be located on the "inside" wall in the stateroom... our room could handle a roll-away, but there would be absolutely no room to get around in the room... Thank goodness for the balcony, that gives a bit more room while waiting for our better half to dress!!! Access to the "upper berth" is by stepping on the lower bed into the upper bed... I did not see any type of ladder for access.

What deck were you on?

On Plaza deck for the OP the beds do not recess but fold up against either wall. ;)

They can be a pain if you are not a contortionist. :eek:

I'm leaving on the Ruby this Sunday (:D) and it'll be me and my 2 boys. I actually requested a quad room so that the boys can sleep on the pull-outs from the wall and I can push the two twins together to make a king for myself :) And I figured it that didn't work, I could make do sleeping in a twin and we could have the 4th pull out bed to store luggage or clothes etc...

I'm leaving on the Ruby this Sunday (:D) and it'll be me and my 2 boys. I actually requested a quad room so that the boys can sleep on the pull-outs from the wall and I can push the two twins together to make a king for myself :) And I figured it that didn't work, I could make do sleeping in a twin and we could have the 4th pull out bed to store luggage or clothes etc...

That will work, they as any boys are great climbers and will have a blast. :D

Archived