Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

We are booked at Nachi on 11/3. Traveling on Norweigian Jewel. So looking forward to this excursion.

We are on the Jewel too and just about to book at Nachi! First time going there and can't wait to try it!

DH and I are booked for Jan 23, 2015 (Navigator OTS). We're thinking of doing the scuba diving through Nachi Cocom and wonder if anyone else has done it. DH has been certified in the past but I never have. According to the information they send me via email, you don't have to be certified to do the short dive so this would be brand new to me. Wondering anyone's impressions who's done it.

Thanks!

Jyl

Hi everyone, my boyfriend and I will be cruising on the Carnival Conquest during the first week of November and had some questions. We went to Cozumel before and last time we did Mr. Sanchos which we loved but at times felt that it was a bit too crowded, which is why I was drawn to Nachi. But after reading through here I saw that there isn't even any music or anything, so I am kind of torn, we aren't crazy partiers (spring-break style) but we are both in our mid-late 20's and I feel like the no music might be a little too low key.

Anyone who has done both or around our ages that could help shed some light? Thanks so much!

Hi everyone, my boyfriend and I will be cruising on the Carnival Conquest during the first week of November and had some questions. We went to Cozumel before and last time we did Mr. Sanchos which we loved but at times felt that it was a bit too crowded, which is why I was drawn to Nachi. But after reading through here I saw that there isn't even any music or anything, so I am kind of torn, we aren't crazy partiers (spring-break style) but we are both in our mid-late 20's and I feel like the no music might be a little too low key.

Anyone who has done both or around our ages that could help shed some light? Thanks so much!

When it is just the wife and I we head to Nachi, but if out two 20 something daughters are with us they prefer that we head to Sanchos.

we were on the sunshine in mid august we went to Mr Sanchos instead of Nachi we thought with the GK it would be better it was nice the GK really didnt care for it that much it was crowded we have always gone to Nachi in the past and wish we went this time

Hi All,

We will be visiting Nachi on October 9 off the Triumph and I'm wondering if they have hammocks to relax in and lockers to put our stuff in. We're planning on shopping before coming to the beach, so we'll have stuff with us that I don't want to cart around and worry about if I don't have to. To me, there is nothing more relaxing than chillin in a hammock on a beach with a pina colada in hand, so I hope they have some there.

Thanks,

Hi All,

We will be visiting Nachi on October 9 off the Triumph and I'm wondering if they have hammocks to relax in and lockers to put our stuff in. We're planning on shopping before coming to the beach, so we'll have stuff with us that I don't want to cart around and worry about if I don't have to. To me, there is nothing more relaxing than chillin in a hammock on a beach with a pina colada in hand, so I hope they have some there.

Thanks,

Yes there are hammocks. When I was there I didn't see any lockers. We kept our stuff with us the while one. We never felt unsafe in doing so. I actually bought a few small combo locks and put them on the zippers on my backpack. They probably wouldn't keep a thief from stealing it, but it would keep honest people honest. Nachi is a great time! Get there as soon as possible and enjoy the whole day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nachi Coccum was a great excursion for us. I went there with my GF in Aug while on the Navigator of the seas. We are both in our early 30's, and drinkers.

The beach was nice, we had our own Palapa with lounge chairs and a small table. Our waiter was very attentive and kept the drinks coming, i would be down to last quarter of my drink and our waiter would show up with a fresh one without us having to order it. We rented a standup paddle board and cruised around on that for a bit. The GF got a half hour massage, she loved it. The couple down the beach from us rented a small sailboat and enjoyed that.

The food was delicious and plentyfull. It was a little rainy that morning so we slept inand waited for the weather to clear. If i could do it again i would have spent a lot more time there, even in the rain.

Me and my husband are in our late 20's & early 30's and we've been here multiple times (5 to be exact), but the last two times (since they changed it to all inclusive & not adults only like in the past), there were too many kids there for us to relax. But it's one of the best beaches (really sandy & not shelly) & the food & drinks are great. Not sure if we should book the adult only resort or risk it & hope for less kids this year. (Nothing against families at all!! But we are childless and cruise during the school year in hopes for less children on our vacation.)

Me and my husband are in our late 20's & early 30's and we've been here multiple times (5 to be exact), but the last two times (since they changed it to all inclusive & not adults only like in the past), there were too many kids there for us to relax. But it's one of the best beaches (really sandy & not shelly) & the food & drinks are great. Not sure if we should book the adult only resort or risk it & hope for less kids this year. (Nothing against families at all!! But we are childless and cruise during the school year in hopes for less children on our vacation.)

That is SO interesting...when we were there in May, there wasn't a little person anywhere to be found! Nachi doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that little children look for in the way of water toys, etc. I'm really surprised that there were so many of them when you were there; I guess it just depends on the day.

I was just there last month, there weren't many people there to begin with, and only two of them were children. They were well behaved and did not bother us at all. As another childless young couple i agree that someone else's kids can really put a damper on trying to relax on the beach with cocktails.

When we were there in May there was not a single child there.

We had an absolute blast and I can't imagine that we would even consider going anywhere else in Cozumel. We were the only ship in port that day and I don't know that there were even 20 people there that day so it was like having a private resort nearly all to ourselves.

We could see Sanchos from where we were seated on the beach and truthfully - I was glad we made the decision we did. It was a bit busier over there and we were truly looking for a relaxing day chillin' out with a beautiful view, good food and good drinks and not a "Spring Break" atmosphere.

I have been trying to book Nachi Cocum for November. The website doesn't seem to be allowing bookings, either on the iPad or a Laptop. Is anyone else having problems?

i booked through island marketing when we went. Same price as booking through the site directly.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

hope this helps. have fun on the beach.

Thanks for the heads up about Island Marketing. Can't seem to find out if it is possible to just pay the deposit with them or do we have to pay the full amount up front.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was automatically charged just the deposit by IM - $13.75 each. FYI - the charge goes through the Cayman Islands and our credit card company charged us a foreign charge fee of 82¢. No big deal...just different.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just at Nachi Cocum last Monday, Sept 15. We loved it. Very nice and quite. Drinks were good and food was unbelievable. Just a note: they open at 9 AM local time, which is Central time. We were on the Carnival Glory out of Miami, so we were on Eastern Time. We showed up at 9 and we were allowed in, but had to wait for the bar to open. I highly recommend the strawberry Margaritas. I was never crazy about Cozumel as a port, but this experience has changed my mind. Looking forward to taking our two daughters to Nachi Cocum on a short weekend cruise out of New Orleans in the new year. I give it a 10 out of 10.

We were just at Nachi Cocum last Monday, Sept 15. We loved it. Very nice and quite. Drinks were good and food was unbelievable. Just a note: they open at 9 AM local time, which is Central time. We were on the Carnival Glory out of Miami, so we were on Eastern Time. We showed up at 9 and we were allowed in, but had to wait for the bar to open. I highly recommend the strawberry Margaritas. I was never crazy about Cozumel as a port, but this experience has changed my mind. Looking forward to taking our two daughters to Nachi Cocum on a short weekend cruise out of New Orleans in the new year. I give it a 10 out of 10.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well after reading 23 pages I'm set on going to Nachi Cocom. Doesn't sound like anyone has a bad day here.

The food and drinks sound and look great. Me and my partner are sailing on RC-Oasis next June. Can't wait.... hopefully we can find 2 other people to share the taxi with :)

We were at Nachi on October 9th and it is wonderful. Beautiful place and they take very good care of you. The beach is wonderful, but hard to walk on so we spent most of our time in the pool. It was very quiet, so if you're looking for a big party place, I wouldn't recommend it. There were only around 40 people there on our day and we all had a fun time. The food is good and we didn't even eat all we could have. The frozen drinks are very weak, so if you're looking for booze, order beer or a mixed drink. I'd definitely go back next time I'm in Cozumel. I just wish we had more time there. Oh and just tell the guy at the taxi stand that you're looking to share a cab and he'll find you someone to share with. Just make sure you ask how much the cab is before you get in. Also, if you take a bicycle rickshaw from the ship to the taxi stand or back, they CAN take you the whole way. Some of the kids will take you just to the first shop and expect a big tip. Don't fall for it! We did, but I found him on the way back and he made up for scamming us. Have a great cruise and enjoy your day in paradise!

Well after reading 23 pages I'm set on going to Nachi Cocom. Doesn't sound like anyone has a bad day here.

The food and drinks sound and look great. Me and my partner are sailing on RC-Oasis next June. Can't wait.... hopefully we can find 2 other people to share the taxi with :)

We have been to Nachi 4 times and have never had a bad day. If we're doing the Western itinerary, we automatically pencil Nachi in.