Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

We will have my 85 yo mother with us and I don't want to leave her on the beach while we go off in a boat.

She will be fine. I witnessed a medical emergency there a couple of months ago and they had EMTs there within minutes -- if that is your concern.

I was debating and going back and forth about going to Nachi. Here are my concerns,,,,

I am going to be in Cozumel on Oct 21 from 11-8pm (9448 people in port) Then I will be on Cozumel again on Oct 25 from 9-6pm (13092 people in prot) I am wanting a full beach day and I guess I dont want to get to a beach at 12.

So here are my questions...

1. Which day is better for Nachi? (I am thinking the 25th with over 13k people)

2. I will be solo, will I have to sit with others? I would like to have the choice of shade or sun.

3. Will it be safe to leave my things up on the beach when I go float in the ocean?

4. Does anyone know if they can make a Malibu Bay Breeze? (Cocunut rum, pineapple juice and cranberry?)

5. Lastly, taxi, As I said I will be solo. I cant see myself paying around $120 for just me for taxi, admisson and tips. I never took a taxi in Cozumel... Will they take people in 1 taxi that may be going to seperate places? Like another beach club?

I just want a relaxing day, as this trip is to be a relaxing trip. I just cannot see this happening with some of the other beaches.....

Thanks!!!!

I was debating and going back and forth about going to Nachi. Here are my concerns,,,,

I am going to be in Cozumel on Oct 21 from 11-8pm (9448 people in port) Then I will be on Cozumel again on Oct 25 from 9-6pm (13092 people in prot) I am wanting a full beach day and I guess I dont want to get to a beach at 12.

So here are my questions...

1. Which day is better for Nachi? (I am thinking the 25th with over 13k people) You could do either or both; some prefer to arrive about noon and stay 4-5 hours, others arrive early and stay until after lunch or all -day.

2. I will be solo, will I have to sit with others? I would like to have the choice of shade or sun. You do not need to sit with others - let your waiter know your preference; lots of shade and palapas

3. Will it be safe to leave my things up on the beach when I go float in the ocean? I would not leave my grandmother's antique jewels, but your normal stuff should be fine; we have never had an issue.

4. Does anyone know if they can make a Malibu Bay Breeze? (Cocunut rum, pineapple juice and cranberry?) If it is not on the menu then sit at the swim-up bar and "supervise" the bartender while he makes your drink (a tip would be appreciated)

5. Lastly, taxi, As I said I will be solo. I cant see myself paying around $120 for just me for taxi, admisson and tips. I never took a taxi in Cozumel... Will they take people in 1 taxi that may be going to seperate places? Like another beach club? Check with your roll call to see if you can team up with others going to Nachi who are on your cruise; you can also try to team up with others in the taxi line (we have paired up with other couples this way to save $$). You could ask the taxi guy if he can add you to a cab already going that way - never tried this; it may help if your Spanish is much better than mine.

I just want a relaxing day, as this trip is to be a relaxing trip. I just cannot see this happening with some of the other beaches.....

Thanks!!!!

You shoudl have a great day (or two) at Nachi. Good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...
We are going August 24th. Was going to go to Mr Sanchos...recently read alot of negative reviews. Main reason I decided against Mr Sanchos was their limit for max # of people is 450 and there are 5 ships in port that day. Nachi Cocom is only 100! Already booked

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

What ship will you be on? We are booked for nachi cocum and will be sailing on the Allure of the Seas. I think we are in cozumel on August 29th

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I agree with prior posters and add another raving review for NC!!!! We were there Oct 2013. Beautiful, private, calming, relaxing, and a private palapa to boot! Having a pool there is nice too in case one is not into ocean water. The couple next to us on the beach did a snorkel tour and said it was really fun. I concur with the comment about beach vendors offering, but not hounding. It was very nice. (I'd attach pics, but haven't figured out how :( The prior posters pics are very accurate! Oh! My profile pic is from Nachi Cocom last year! I almost forgot.)

The only thing I would add is....if you and/or your family/friends are into beach games, activities, and loud music, this is not the place for you. It is for someone who wants to lie on the beach, enjoy the view, and drink and eat all day. It is not a "beach party". It truly is your own private, relaxing day on a Caribbean beach. Enjoy!!! :cool:

Edited by Blondie70

We booked at Nachi for our August trip mostly because of the great reviews here. One silly question - How's the water there? As in, there's no problem drinking water or having ice in drinks, right? :cool:

I have cokes with ice all the time with no ill effects!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked at Nachi for our August trip mostly because of the great reviews here. One silly question - How's the water there? As in, there's no problem drinking water or having ice in drinks, right? :cool:

Nachi and all of the tourist spots use purified water for ice and cooking -- never had an issue with the ice, but I think that 12th margarita had something that made me feel a little dizzy. :rolleyes:

Try the chips and guacamole for sure. I had fajitas and my boyfriend had some kind of fish. Both were amazing.

Carnival Paradise April 2014

Allure of the Seas November 2014

Will do, Thanks, Jenhem.

Nachi and all of the tourist spots use purified water for ice and cooking -- never had an issue with the ice, but I think that 12th margarita had something that made me feel a little dizzy. :rolleyes:

You made me laugh!

So true! Love those margaritas (and the chips & guacamole)! Thank goodness there are hammocks to lay down in until the dizziness subsides.;)

Hi,

My fiance and I will be visiting Nachi Cocom on August 29 while we're on our Allure of the Sea honeymoon cruise! I can't wait.

A couple questions for you pros out there...

Can we pay the taxi and the balance at Nachi Cocom in USD?

We are scheduled for a snorkelling session at 9:00? I understand that this is when the place opens. I'm wondering if we would be better off trying to switch to the afternoon... Will all the good palapas be gone by the time we return from snorkelling?

We are also planning on jetskiing? Can we leave our stuff at our palapa while we do that?

Thanks so much!

My fiance and I will be visiting Nachi Cocom on August 29 while we're on our Allure of the Sea honeymoon cruise! I can't wait.

Congratulations!

Yes!

We are scheduled for a snorkelling session at 9:00? I understand that this is when the place opens. I'm wondering if we would be better off trying to switch to the afternoon... Will all the good palapas be gone by the time we return from snorkelling?

You'll be assigned to a palapa upon your arrival. Then you can go to the small pier to catch your snorkel boat.

We are also planning on jetskiing? Can we leave our stuff at our palapa while we do that?

We've found Nachi Cocom to be very safe and private. I've been 3 times and have never had any issues or concerns. However,if you are concerned then bring a Ziplock baggie to put cash and cards in and put them in a pocket on your husband's bathing suit, or carry an around the neck waterproof container (it floats if it happens to come off your neck).

We went six years ago for our honeymoon, and just went back again this past Friday. It was just as beautiful as I remember, and the food just as good... however there was A LOT of seaweed in the water and the water was very cloudy. I did not remember that.

Six years ago we spent most of the time in the water, this time we went in for a quick dip, and then hit up the pool. Not many people ventured into the water because of this. Maybe it was just bad timing on our part... but it's something to keep in mind.

There was also some sort of military helicopter training going on right on/next too Nachi. There were several military guys (in full uniform) taking video and pictures in between palapas. At first the helicopter was off sea and dropped seven men into the water from the helicopter. Then the helicopter kept circling and doing exercises right there. At first it was pretty cool, but after awhile it was loud and rather annoying. Here's a picture to show just how close the helicopter was.

DSC_8306.jpg

Edited by JCO4O1

This may have been discussed already in the past 20 pages so I apologize if it has, but can anyone post about an average cost to get to Nachi Coccum from the cruise ship? I assume its a taxi, so I guess how safe is the taxi and ride to and from there? Thanks in advance

This may have been discussed already in the past 20 pages so I apologize if it has, but can anyone post about an average cost to get to Nachi Coccum from the cruise ship? I assume its a taxi, so I guess how safe is the taxi and ride to and from there? Thanks in advance

I was just there on Friday, and it was $16 USD from International Pier. Taxi is perfectly safe. We took four of them. To and from Nachi, and to and from the downtown shopping area. It is $8 USD to get downtown from International Pier, or $24 directly from Nachi.

Hi,

Thanks so much!

Hello and congrats! My husband and I are also going to Nachi Cocum that day from the Allure, along with a family of 3. We are thinking of sharing a taxi to save on the fare, would you be interested in joining us on the taxi there? All of us want to get there early too! We've been before and it is amazing!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I was just there on Friday, and it was $16 USD from International Pier. Taxi is perfectly safe. We took four of them. To and from Nachi, and to and from the downtown shopping area. It is $8 USD to get downtown from International Pier, or $24 directly from Nachi.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I just booked for my wife and I for 7/29, really looking forward to a relaxing day there

Also forgot to post this but if anyone else is going on 7/29, my wife and I would be down to share a cab with one or two others . We are on the carnival conquest

The roll call for your cruise is the place to post these types of requests. ;)

I did post it in there but figured this was also on topic, but my apologies.

You're fine. I found ride-sharers a while back using these threads...the OP didn't really mind, and no harm was done. You never know what can happen if you don't ask, and you DID! Good luck! :D