Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

We had a super time here a couple of weeks ago and would book it again in a heartbeat. Not sure if this is already posted but here is a photo of the menu I took. As previously said, you can ignore the prices if you are paying the "all inclusive" rate.

P1020544_zps924d1472.jpg

And here's what our food looked like!!

P1020512_zps62a75427.jpg

P1020515_zps0397d4b8.jpg

P1020514_zps9b9111ea.jpg

OMG...these are the most SCRUMPTIOUS photos of Nachi Cocum's food that I've seen so far. Thank you for posting them, AND thanks for the clear copy of the menu. Most of the menu pics that I've seen so far have print that's been kind of illegible.

When we were there at the end of March we couldn't believe how good the food was! We had heard people say it's good, but we just assumed it was "good for an all inclusive". Not true.

I had the mixed fajitas and they were fantastic! Everyone in our group of 7 loved their meal, and we all got different things, so it wasn't a fluke.

To those of you that are heading there, you will love Nachi! I was just doing a photobook of our trip and looking back at the pictures I again realized what a beautiful place it really is.

I was there last week. It was great. The food was awesome! ImageUploadedByForums1399561711.649638.jpg.4414177a7ed4fd2d768819bac44fddec.jpg

Steak fajitas and flan. I snarfed down my chips and guacamole too quickly for a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1399561691.271245.jpg.f2dd005495b034c5ed8a4795719fd0f6.jpg

Steak fajitas and flan. I snarfed down my chips and guacamole too quickly for a picture.

I had the chicken fajitas, EXCELLENT! And the chips and guac are out of this world. Oh man. I mean, it's phenomenal... beautiful beach, enjoying a Mexican lunch made by Mexicans in Mexico! Can't get more authentic than that.

BTW, have never had dessert... always too full! Will have to try it one of these times! LOL

I had the chicken fajitas, EXCELLENT! And the chips and guac are out of this world. Oh man. I mean, it's phenomenal... beautiful beach, enjoying a Mexican lunch made by Mexicans in Mexico! Can't get more authentic than that.

BTW, have never had dessert... always too full! Will have to try it one of these times! LOL

Oh man, you guys are REALLY getting me all excited about my upcoming cruise...just 10 days more!!!

I'm not being snarky here, I just don't understand all the raving about the food! Sure it's GOOD but I wouldn't go all gaga about it! I personally make better guacamole and margaritas @ home but I can't put my toes in the blue water and my ass in the sand so it evens the playing field! We were there first week of Jan and weather sucked. Started out ok but quickly went south and spent the rest of the time in the dining area. Compared to lots of other places on Coz its quiet, nice and pretty. Works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not being snarky here, I just don't understand all the raving about the food! Sure it's GOOD but I wouldn't go all gaga about it! I personally make better guacamole and margaritas @ home but I can't put my toes in the blue water and my ass in the sand so it evens the playing field! We were there first week of Jan and weather sucked. Started out ok but quickly went south and spent the rest of the time in the dining area. Compared to lots of other places on Coz its quiet, nice and pretty. Works for me.

That's the funny thing about food preferences--tney're very subjective. Althpugh you may think the food was just good, there are lots of us who thpught it was great. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)

It's a shame you didn't have better weather. I guess that's the one thing none of us can control, as much as we'd like to!

Oh man, you guys are REALLY getting me all excited about my upcoming cruise...just 10 days more!!!

When will u be at Nachi. We will be there 5/20?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was on a cruise with my girlfriends in late January...and one of our stops was Ensenada MX. I agree with you, the weather did suck; cold and windy. Let's not even discuss what an awful port stop Ensenada is. YUK. But I did manage to find a delicious fish taco stand.

I doubt that your experience in Coz was worse than mine, LOL...but I appreciate your perspective.

When will u be at Nachi. We will be there 5/20?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi xrayjng-

I'll be on the Navigator of the Seas starting 5/18. We'll in Cozumel on the 23rd! It's been a few years since I've been to Coz, and I've NEVER been to any of their beaches...Nachi will be a first for me and the fam.

• 3 weeks later...

No lockers but it's a private beach, so the only other people there are other guests like you. It's never crowded, and we've never had a problem just leaving our bags under our umbrella.

We were just there last week (LOVED IT!!!!) and we just kept our valuables inside our beach bags tucked under our chairs. Did not have a single concern.

Fabulous place and I highly recommend. It is definitely a place we plan on returning to again.

No lockers but it's a private beach, so the only other people there are other guests like you. It's never crowded, and we've never had a problem just leaving our bags under our umbrella.

We were just there last week (LOVED IT!!!!) and we just kept our valuables inside our beach bags tucked under our chairs. Did not have a single concern.

Fabulous place and I highly recommend. It is definitely a place we plan on returning to again.

Thank you both! I will be there one week from today. Can't wait!!! :D

I was on the Allure last week, and my group of six went to Nachi Cocom when we were docked at Cozumel on the 23rd. Four of us had been before, two years ago. We had a great day! Taxi service from the International Pier for six people was $32 one way. The food at Nachi was excellent, Manuel kept the drinks coming, the weather was nice, and the beach and resort facilities were clean. The chairs by the pool were fine, but the chairs under our palapa were really hard and uncomfortable. Staff members were walking around offering floating mats for an extra fee, and although we didn't rent any, I kind of wish we would've, just to put them on our chairs to sit on.

My husband snorkeled right off the beach and saw several kinds of tropical fish, a stingray and the legs or tail of a crab or lobster or something peeking out from under a rock/reef formation. Everyone on here always says there's no good snorkeling right off the beach, and I'm sure the paid excursion is much better, but both times we've been to Nachi Cocom, we've found that same small reef area and seen some pretty cool stuff. If you're taking snorkeling gear on your cruise anyway, bring it to Nachi and see what you can find. I heard a kid who had rented gear there say it was $8 for the day.

As for the food, I got the guacamole for an appetizer, my dad got wings, and everyone else got nachos. Everything was excellent, though my dad thought it was weird that they brought plain wings and buffalo sauce in a bottle that you had to put on yourself. I can't remember what all six of us got for lunch, but I got the mixed (chicken and beef) fajitas, which were great. Coconut ice cream for dessert right before we left was the perfect complement to the heavier food. Drinks were also good -- I'm pregnant, so mine were all virgin, but the virgin pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris were tasty. :) My husband started with Dos Equis and Corona and eventually just had Manuel bring him random Mexican beers he'd never tried before, and he liked them all.

The only negative thing to report is that there was a really rowdy group there that day, and they brought two big speakers hooked up to an iPod and blasted country music all morning. It was so loud that another couple asked to be moved farther up the beach and ended up next to us. We were about as far away as you could get and still had to raise our voices to talk; it was impossible to read or just relax. So many people from different palapas were complaining that I finally went over and politely asked if they'd be willing to turn it down a little. They were super friendly and accommodated immediately, so we thought the problem was solved...but after a few songs they turned it back up again. On our way to the covered pavilion area for lunch, we saw a sign posted by the pool with the facility rules, and one of the first on the list stated that Nachi Cocom does not "provide or allow" a wild spring break party atmosphere, and guests could be asked to leave, etc etc. (Obviously I'm paraphrasing.) This situation was definitely nothing as drastic as that, but we decided to try to maybe speak to a manager about the noise level after we finished lunch. But when we got back to our palapa, all was quiet. :cool: There was at least one other ship in port that day that had sailed from New Orleans or somewhere on central time and was leaving way earlier than Allure, so maybe they were from that ship and left after lunch. We didn't see or hear them the rest of the day, and it was blissfully quiet and peaceful -- the Nachi Cocom we signed up for -- the rest of the day.

• 2 weeks later...
Do they have lockers in case our entire party wants to be away from our loungers at the same time?

Nevermind, didnt finish reading entire thread. Found my answer.

I was concerned about lockers too.... Seriously you have nothing to worry about. If you go to the pool there are loungers all around so you can see your stuff and if you are on the beach you can see your loungers. It's kind if hard to walk thru the sand so even if someone took your stuff they wouldn't be able to make that quick of a getaway :)

I was concerned about lockers too.... Seriously you have nothing to worry about. If you go to the pool there are loungers all around so you can see your stuff and if you are on the beach you can see your loungers. It's kind if hard to walk thru the sand so even if someone took your stuff they wouldn't be able to make that quick of a getaway :)

Thanks! We are booked. Looking forward to it. I appreciate the advice.

Wow, I'm looking forward to this next month. It will be surprise for my DH, as we usually don't get off the ship in Cozumel. The food looks wonderful and I can't wait to hit the beach. One question, will it be super hot since its July? I'm just wondering we both burn easily, we will bring loads of sunscreen.

Edited by dulcimergirl

I am considering spending the day at Nachi for our cruise next May. We do like to snorkel, though. This sounds like the perfect beach except for that. I'm not sure if the paid snorkel excursion would be right for us. We will have my 85 yo mother with us and I don't want to leave her on the beach while we go off in a boat. The rest of the day sounds perfect, though.:cool:

I am considering spending the day at Nachi for our cruise next May. We do like to snorkel, though. This sounds like the perfect beach except for that. I'm not sure if the paid snorkel excursion would be right for us. We will have my 85 yo mother with us and I don't want to leave her on the beach while we go off in a boat. The rest of the day sounds perfect, though.:cool:

The waiters and a steady supply of margaritas will keep her happy while you are on the snorkel tour. :rolleyes: