Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

I've read that the taxi fare to Nachi is $17 or thereabouts each way. How many pople were you able to split that with? Is it a max of 4 per taxi, and do they have other means to get there (such as those taxi/vans that carry about 8 people)?

*** I know that the answer may have appeared earlier in this thread, so I apologize in advance if that's the case. Thought I'd ask Bill since he was just there in case it's changed recently. ***

Thanks again for your help!

The cabs are priced for up to 4 passengers, a 5 passenger rate, and usually a per passenger rate for 6 or more travelling together. The rates are clearly posted near the cab line for your pier. We have on occasion teamed up with another couple heading to the same destination to save $$. There are some large taxi-vans that can carry 8+

I've found the cabs in Coz to be well regulated - especially compared to the nightmare know as Philadelphia! :mad:

This will be our first time in Cozumel and am wondering which beach break would be better. Booked Playa through RCCL and it is a set time, 10-3, transportation provided. Am I correct you can book NC online through them direct but you provide your own transportation? I would assume this way you are more in control of your schedule.

How long is the cab ride from the port to NC? And is it easy to find taxis to and from?

Thank you so much for your replies.

This will be our first time in Cozumel and am wondering which beach break would be better. Booked Playa through RCCL and it is a set time, 10-3, transportation provided. Am I correct you can book NC online through them direct but you provide your own transportation? I would assume this way you are more in control of your schedule.

How long is the cab ride from the port to NC? And is it easy to find taxis to and from?

Thank you so much for your replies.

Hi! I have only been to NC so i can't give you a comparison, but i can answer the rest of your questions. Yes you can book NC directly through them online, and provide your own transport. It is nice to be able to stay a little longer, or go back to ship earlier if you want, bad weather or whatever.

The cab ride was about 15 mins long and there are a ton of taxis at the port waiting for you. As far as getting a cab back the guys at NC will call one for you when you are ready. Hope this helps. Enjoy Cozumel, we had a great time there.

Dear Annette

I made a test and I were able to complete the process, I do why you are not able to make it. Please try marking your reservation through our business partner.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumelbeachbreak.htm

I wrote them the other day to say I couldn't book and this is the site they told me to use.

My family and I were there last week on 1/22. Overall we were very pleased with the experience. The food was great...especially the grouper entrees, grilled and fried. In the morning we ordered our appetizers on the beach and ate them under the palapa. About an hour later we walked up the main dining area and ate lunch at a proper table. We were there on a super quiet day, definitely didn't feel like it was at capacity. Our server was Manuel and he was very attentive. Honestly the highlight of the day was the snorkel trip ($38) right from the dock on a small "glass bottom" boat out to Palancar and Columbia Reefs. Highly recommend this side trip...especially if there's one scheduled first thing in the morning before the rest of the boats arrive.

Lisa

My family and I were there last week on 1/22. Overall we were very pleased with the experience. The food was great...especially the grouper entrees, grilled and fried. In the morning we ordered our appetizers on the beach and ate them under the palapa. About an hour later we walked up the main dining area and ate lunch at a proper table. We were there on a super quiet day, definitely didn't feel like it was at capacity. Our server was Manuel and he was very attentive. Honestly the highlight of the day was the snorkel trip ($38) right from the dock on a small "glass bottom" boat out to Palancar and Columbia Reefs. Highly recommend this side trip...especially if there's one scheduled first thing in the morning before the rest of the boats arrive.

Lisa

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Just an FYI. This was posted on Facebook by Nachi Coccum

It's official. On February 1st, 2015 the state of Quintana Roo will change to Eastern Standard time. At 2 am on February 1st, all state residents, which include those in Cozumel will advance their clocks one hour ahead.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Just an FYI. This was posted on Facebook by Nachi Coccum

It's official. On February 1st, 2015 the state of Quintana Roo will change to Eastern Standard time. At 2 am on February 1st, all state residents, which include those in Cozumel will advance their clocks one hour ahead.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. So, does that mean if the ship leaves from FLL, Cozumel wll be on the same time as the ship?

Thank you. So, does that mean if the ship leaves from FLL, Cozumel wll be on the same time as the ship?

It appears you are cruising in May. From my understanding, Coz and other parts of Mexico will switch to East Coast time but will not adjust for daylight savings time - so in May you should (unless your ship adjusts clocks) still be 1 hour ahead of Coz.

It appears you are cruising in May. From my understanding, Coz and other parts of Mexico will switch to East Coast time but will not adjust for daylight savings time - so in May you should (unless your ship adjusts clocks) still be 1 hour ahead of Coz.

Thank you.:)

I never concern myself with local time. I always stay on ship time. Figure that is the safest way to ensure I am back to the ship at the designated time.

That s also how we keep our watches set to assure we get back to the ship on time, But in this case we will be going to Nachi Cocum, which opens at 9 AM local time. We want to be there close to opening time to assure a good spot, but we also don;'t want to get there an hour beofre they open and just stand around. So, unless the shp changes time (which I do not believe that the Oasis does) we should plan to leave the ship around 9:30 AM, ship time.

There have been a couple of posts from those who arrive at Nachi before 9:00 - they were directed to sit where they want, but drinks and food and accepting your payment did not start until 9:00. Not sure I'd advise showing up before 8:00 Coz time, but if you arrive between 8:30-9:00 you should have your pick of locations and could even be the first to the swim up bar.:D

There have been a couple of posts from those who arrive at Nachi before 9:00 - they were directed to sit where they want, but drinks and food and accepting your payment did not start until 9:00. Not sure I'd advise showing up before 8:00 Coz time, but if you arrive between 8:30-9:00 you should have your pick of locations and could even be the first to the swim up bar.:D

That is what I was thinking. Thank you for the confirmation.:)

We are set to dock at 9am local time (on May 1). Does anyone know how long (typically) it will take us to get off the ship since we are not on an excursion? I don't really want to stand in line for a long time to exit the ship, but I want to arrive at Nachi earlier rather than later and have time to enjoy it, but I would also like some time to shop in town.

Also, isn't Nachi the opposite direction from the pier that town is? If so, how long does it take to get to town from Nachi? Thanks!

We are set to dock at 9am local time (on May 1). Does anyone know how long (typically) it will take us to get off the ship since we are not on an excursion? I don't really want to stand in line for a long time to exit the ship, but I want to arrive at Nachi earlier rather than later and have time to enjoy it, but I would also like some time to shop in town.

Also, isn't Nachi the opposite direction from the pier that town is? If so, how long does it take to get to town from Nachi? Thanks!

If you are arriving at 9am local time I would try to leave as soon as possible since Nachi opens at 9 local.

When we were they a couple weeks ago I think we left the ship about 25 after and arrive at Nachi just prior to 9 at which time we checked in. We went immediately to the beach after check in and there were at least three groups that were already there and checked in.

• 3 weeks later...