Nachi Cocom in Cozumel

WonderousBlue

We have been to Nachi and absolutely loved it. Might even go again this November! It was a very nice place and the people were wonderful. Got to try the guacamole! ;)

That guac is the best!!!!

We also had the grilled fish and it was delicious!!!!

Heck everything we had was delicious......especially the Dirty Monkeys!!!!

We have been to Nachi 3 times in the past. The food is great and the portions are huge. Last time I was too full for desert and I'm a big eater. Our kids love to order different virgin frozen drinks and I love a big selection of beers in a bottle. I think the pool is very large especially when you consider the number of people they allow in (you can be the judge in the pictures). You can also rent wave runners, take a banana boat ride, kayak, etc. with usually no wait.

Another vote for Nachi! It was one of the highlights of our cruise. Take care of your personal waiter (tips) and he will make sure you never get hungry or thirsty. If you want to rent any sailboats, snorkels, etc....always ask your waiter and he will make it happen.

About 30 minutes before you are ready to leave....tell your waiter and he will summon a taxi....and come and get you when it arrives.

Another vote for Nachi! It was one of the highlights of our cruise. Take care of your personal waiter (tips) and he will make sure you never get hungry or thirsty. If you want to rent any sailboats, snorkels, etc....always ask your waiter and he will make it happen.

About 30 minutes before you are ready to leave....tell your waiter and he will summon a taxi....and come and get you when it arrives.

Thanks for the taxi info. Just booked Nachi for February cruise.

You only have to let your waiter know "maybe" 10-15min when you are ready to go. There is usually a taxi out in the parking lot just waiting, but if not they are always close.

Your waiter will let you know when they arrive......

Love Nachi....cannot wait to go again!!!

Is there enough shade available? I notice that the website lists palapas on a first come basis, but doesn't mention how many there are. I'd love to book this for our January cruise, but I've had skin cancer and (sadly) have to limit my sun exposure.

Is there enough shade available? I notice that the website lists palapas on a first come basis, but doesn't mention how many there are. I'd love to book this for our January cruise, but I've had skin cancer and (sadly) have to limit my sun exposure.

Plenty of shade. When I've been there, everyone that wants a palapa on the ocean has one. There are shade trees and palms further back. Adjacent to the pool and swim up bar there is a huge thatched roof shelter/dining that seems really dark after being out by the ocean, but you still have an ocean view just 20 steps or so from the water. Nachi is a great beach option for shade in my opinion.

Edited by Jumbo70

Can someone share how they booked this? Rci doesn't have it to book and neither does my TA... My concern is that someone said they had some problems booking thru their site with bopus charges... I'm afraid for that to happen with me so pl ease some advice

No problem using their excellent website. I believe later posts indicated that the bogus charges were not as a result of booking Nachi.

Thanks, everybody. I went ahead today and made a reservation, 6 ships in port on our day including 3 mega ships so I didn't want to be shut out. Looking forward to it a great deal.....

Excellent! You will enjoy it :)

Especially with 6 ships in port knowing only a maximum of 100 people are allowed

Sent from my HTC smartphone using Tapatalk

Would like info on this or other resorts in the area that offer "beach" days. Trying to convince wife to book something not through the ship.

We have been to several places in Cozumel and I have reviews with hundreds of pictures within them. You can check them out, in my signature line, to see if any strike your fancy. :D

Has anyone ever been here? We are just now trying to get excursions booked for all our stops.... wondering whose been? How much? How did you book? What there is to do?

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures in it, which can be found in my signature line.

Bill, we are seriously considering the cruise line excursion to Playa Mia for a large group next year, mostly because of the ease of transport. What didn't you like about it?

It could be that it depends on how many ships are in port during the day you visit (can't really speak for Bill, but that seems to be the consensus around here). If there's a lot of ships, the place could end up crowded. The day we went, we pretty much had the place to ourselves and had a wonderful day. The place is pretty and plenty to do. So, I would check to see how many ships you have there the day you plan on going.

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures in my signature line from Playa Mia if you are interested. :)

It could be that it depends on how many ships are in port during the day you visit (can't really speak for Bill, but that seems to be the consensus around here). If there's a lot of ships, the place could end up crowded. The day we went, we pretty much had the place to ourselves and had a wonderful day. The place is pretty and plenty to do. So, I would check to see how many ships you have there the day you plan on going.

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures in my signature line from Playa Mia if you are interested. :)

have just spent 2 hours reading some of your marvelous reviews -

you are an amazing writer, photographer, humorist, mother, etc.

will definitely be back to read more !!!;)

Anyone buy the photo they take when you arrive lately? Wondering how much they charge for that and the size?

Also did they have stand up pattleboards and how much?

thanks,Tom

They usually wait until I've enjoyed a few drinks and then ask if I am interested in the photo. :o I seem to recall that it is about a 5x7 and costs about $10, but the margarita haze may have couded my memory.