Breeze FunShops Closed?

earthdog

I don't know about the Breeze but if all the ships are doing this I can report that on the Conquest last week (1/23 - 1/31 sailing) only one store was open for the first couple of days and it was VERY poorly stocked. ..... I don't usually buy much but I had planned on getting a tee for my daughter, earring for myself and something for my boss.

I believe it was about 2 days into the 8 day cruise when Store totally closed and did not reopen for the rest of the cruise. There was still paper covering the windows when we debarked on Sunday. I do not know when it was scheduled to reopen.

Luckily I make it a habit to run into the store and buy what I need (cigarettes) before getting ready for dinner on embarkation day or else I would have been very upset!

The Breeze shops are closed as of today when it left Miami a few were open they closed when it left San Juan my daughter said the rest of the cruise they will be closed, also pulled into San Juan about two hours early some kind of medical emergency.

The Breeze shops are closed as of today when it left Miami a few were open they closed when it left San Juan my daughter said the rest of the cruise they will be closed, also pulled into San Juan about two hours early some kind of medical emergency.

Is there any word when they will be open again?

My daughter just said they were told all the shops would be closed for the rest of her cruise a few stores were selling somethings out side of the stores but she couldn't get a new carnival tee shirt. Also the air conditioning was out on Saturday notes were put in the cabins that they were working on it they did it fixed I'm not sure what time

John Heald posted this yesterday (Feb. 1st) on his FB page:

"So wee have some new owners/partners of some of our on board shops starting with the Carnival Conquest this week.

So, look out for new merchandise and lots of fun things and great bargains of which I will tell you more about in the days ahead"

No mention of how long it will take for these changes, but this could explain why the gift shops are closed or not restocked yet.

Edited by beachbum53

I sail Sunday on the Breeze and must admit this is a little disappointing.

We cruise right after you. Can you please update us once onboard.

We are on both of these cruises!! Our first B2B. Hopefully the shops will be open!!!!

Yeah, we sail Sunday as well and while I don't cruise to shop it is fun to go in and wander around to see what might strike my fancy. The only thing on my "must have" list is a ship Christmas ornament.

Little disappointed in this also. Don't really purchase that much but do just love to look around at the different items. We also just started purchasing the ornaments our last cruise, sure hope they don't discontinue selling them :(

John Heald posted this yesterday (Feb. 1st) on his FB page:

"So wee have some new owners/partners of some of our on board shops starting with the Carnival Conquest this week.

So, look out for new merchandise and lots of fun things and great bargains of which I will tell you more about in the days ahead"

No mention of how long it will take for these changes, but this could explain why the gift shops are closed or not restocked yet.

WALMART!!!:eek:

Were these 2 things related? In the groups I travel with they could be.

Yeah, we sail Sunday as well and while I don't cruise to shop it is fun to go in and wander around to see what might strike my fancy. The only thing on my "must have" list is a ship Christmas ornament.

Little disappointed in this also. Don't really purchase that much but do just love to look around at the different items. We also just started purchasing the ornaments our last cruise, sure hope they don't discontinue selling them :(

I've been told that if you buy the ornaments in the online Fun shop before the cruise it will be delivered to your cabin upon arrival. Maybe it will solve at least that problem.

Have a great cruise regardless :)

I've been told that if you buy the ornaments in the online Fun shop before the cruise it will be delivered to your cabin upon arrival. Maybe it will solve at least that problem.

Have a great cruise regardless :)

Wow, didn't know that, thanks so much for this information! Would be easier than waiting to get onboard and worry about it. This is why I love CC sometimes for the very helpful people! :)

Wow, didn't know that, thanks so much for this information! Would be easier than waiting to get onboard and worry about it. This is why I love CC sometimes for the very helpful people! :)

You're welcome - I got the information myself from CC and later found them online here:

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/Y96/funnel-and-ship-glass-ornament-set

:)