Leaving Sunday some Bermuda questions

judyf

1) How much are the 2 day and 3 day bus passes?

2) How do we get to the snorkel park by dockyard?

3) Perfume factory, is it worth going?

1) $31.50 and $44, respectively. Tokens good for a one way bus or ferry ride are $4.50 each. Depending on the number of bus or ferry rides you'll be taking individual tokens may be cheaper than passes. Do the math and see what works out better for you.

2) It's within the Dockyard grounds. A short walk from the ship piers. Signs will point out the way.

3) In 28 years of going to Bermuda I've never considered doing that for even a fleeting moment. Others may disagree.

Edited by njhorseman

3) In 28 years of going to Bermuda I've never considered doing that for even a fleeting moment. Others may disagree.

LOL, guess you're not into perfume. I quite liked it but I don't think I would go the whole way to St. George just to go there. If someone is in St. George doing other things, yes. However, it is not what it used to be many years ago to see the fields of flowers growing. There is a short tour that explains how the perfumes are made and although I have not done it, they offer a nice afternoon tea.

3) Perfume factory, is it worth going?

LOL, guess you're not into perfume. I quite liked it but I don't think I would go the whole way to St. George just to go there. If someone is in St. George doing other things, yes. However, it is not what it used to be many years ago to see the fields of flowers growing. There is a short tour that explains how the perfumes are made and although I have not done it, they offer a nice afternoon tea.

I totally agree with this assessment. If you are going to St George anyway, I wouldn't miss is. But I wouldn't make a special trip just to see that. I'm not into perfumes particularly, but the property is lovely and the tour video is brief but informative. Their perfumes are fairly spendy, but when I was last there they had a sample assortment for relatively cheap. I bought two (one for myself and one as a gift). I have also not tried their afternoon tea, but have read good reviews of it online. However, I think the tea was only available on Wednesdays.

The old location in Bailey's Bay was interesting because there were gardens of flowers used to make the perfumes. The location in St. George is pretty much just a store. While it does not deserve a special trip if you are in St. George it only takes a few minutes. Walking out the back way of Saint Petes church it is right there. On a side note my companions were a couple from New Jersey. He could not take the scents at all, allergies, and had to wait outside. They didn't bother me or her.

The old location in Bailey's Bay was interesting because there were gardens of flowers used to make the perfumes. The location in St. George is pretty much just a store. While it does not deserve a special trip if you are in St. George it only takes a few minutes. Walking out the back way of Saint Petes church it is right there. On a side note my companions were a couple from New Jersey. He could not take the scents at all, allergies, and had to wait outside. They didn't bother me or her.

As is said in this post, the new location is just a store front with a very small garden out back. The Bermuda perfume is available all over the island. It is only sold on Bermuda and really quite nice. I have a bottle of the Oliander that I love. It is priced the same all over the island. There is no less expensive place to purchase it. So if you are interested in purchasing some Bermuda perfume, you can rest assured that the price will be the same no matter where you purchase it.