Silversea web updating

msrieski

How often does SS update voyage cabin availability? We've been looking at a few cruises that indicate most cabins available only to find out the ship is sold out and waitlist only. When I spoke with their Customer Service they suggested that perhaps the ship had just sold out -- 5 different cabin levels all selling out simultaneously on the Whisper -- really?

The phone reps have no idea about how often the website is updated and they cannot provide any information about the size of the waitlists.

Why bother showing prices/waitlists if they aren't kept reasonably updated? Silversea can certainly make it difficult for their clients.

We're looking at voyage 4507 from Mombasa to Cape Town on the Whisper. It is completely sold out but if you look on the website, it is still showing 5 different levels of cabins as available (Friday evening, 11:00pmET). Let's see when it is updated. Bear in mind I spoke with them this afternoon, which may speed up the updating.

How often does SS update voyage cabin availability? We've been looking at a few cruises that indicate most cabins available only to find out the ship is sold out and waitlist only. When I spoke with their Customer Service they suggested that perhaps the ship had just sold out -- 5 different cabin levels all selling out simultaneously on the Whisper -- really?

The phone reps have no idea about how often the website is updated and they cannot provide any information about the size of the waitlists.

Why bother showing prices/waitlists if they aren't kept reasonably updated? Silversea can certainly make it difficult for their clients.

I have discovered through experience that the website indication of availability may mean that only one or two suites are available in that category (often in very unattractive locations) or that all suites have been booked but that Silversea is confident of cancellations and is taking "GTY" (guarantee) bookings in that category.

There is at least one website out there which shows specific available cabins on Silversea. Look around for a "cruise" website. Can be useful in exploring your options. And it seems to be updated at pretty much the same time as the Silversea website does.

There is at least one website out there which shows specific available cabins on Silversea. Look around for a "cruise" website.
Would you mind sharing the link to this "cruise" website? I'd love to look at it. I did a general Google search using a variety of terms with "cruise" to seek cabin availability, but came up with nothing like what I think you're describing in 10 pages of results.

Would you mind sharing the link to this "cruise" website? I'd love to look at it. I did a general Google search using a variety of terms with "cruise" to seek cabin availability, but came up with nothing like what I think you're describing in 10 pages of results.[/quote

Add my name to that request ! (*I thought it was just me.....:-)