Attic 12 Penthouse B&B in Palermo

General Max

The far better place for reviews would be Cruise Critic's sister site, TripAdvisor.

I read the reviews there and still have a lot of concerns. There are over 200 reviews that give it an outstanding rating. It is the No. 1 B & B in Palermo because of those ratings.

Hmmm....200 positive reviews and you don't believe them? if you got one or two people to say good things here, you would now believe them? Sort of strange...

There have been a lot of reports of review manipulation on Trip Advisor. Here at least you can question a poster and get additional information.

I use Trip Advisor for the pictures. If I want a review, I check here and Flyertalk.

There have been a lot of reports of review manipulation on Trip Advisor. Here at least you can question a poster and get additional information.

I use Trip Advisor for the pictures. If I want a review, I check here and Flyertalk.

The pictures all look good on trip advisor. You can tell that it is a condominium penthouse bedroom and has some beautiful views of Palermo and the mountains. There are pictures of the rooftop deck above the bedroom. There are even pictures there from reviewers.

Edited by General Max

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Per Cruise Critic's forum guidelines:

Bumping

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

I really would like some input from a resident of Palermo on this B & B. I can't believe that no one from Palermo is a member of cruisecritic.

Really? You're surprised that residents of an Italian city don't read and post on an English language web site that mostly caters to Americans and Canadians?

If you want to hear from residents of Palermo perhaps you could try posting on the Italian language version of Trip Advisor.

• 1 month later...
Really? You're surprised that residents of an Italian city don't read and post on an English language web site that mostly caters to Americans and Canadians?

If you want to hear from residents of Palermo perhaps you could try posting on the Italian language version of Trip Advisor.

It has been over one month and I have not received a single post.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We stayed at Attic12 bed and breakfast 11 nights beginning September 4, 2014. Francesco, the owner was right there at the airport to pick us up in his Toyota RAV-4. In the following days he drove us to old town twice, to local restaurants five times, to the beach area in Mondello four times, to the church in the cave on the way to Mondello, to the cathedral in Monreale. He also drove us on a day trip to Cefalu for which I purchased 50 liters of petrol for his vehicle. On the last day he drove us to the train station for our trip to Taormina.

On September 15, 2014, he had a roof-top bar-b-que for us on the deck overlooking the mountains and city of Palermo. Steak dinner with salad and appetizers and wine. Overall our 11 day stay at the bed and breakfast was outstanding. Only one available room available there so do book early using his website. http://www.attic12.com

Well, I'm not sure why you would expect anyone to be reassured by your review, when you weren't reassured by the 200 positive reviews and photographs on Trip Advisor!

I've only just seen this thread. For future reference, what you should have done in order to get replies from residents of Palermo was not to post on here, but to go to the Palermo forum on Trip Advisor and post your question there.

Well, I'm not sure why you would expect anyone to be reassured by your review, when you weren't reassured by the 200 positive reviews and photographs on Trip Advisor!

I've only just seen this thread. For future reference, what you should have done in order to get replies from residents of Palermo was not to post on here, but to go to the Palermo forum on Trip Advisor and post your question there.

This is my personal review. I actually took one for the team and booked it with no input from anyone in Palermo. If you read my review again, you will not find anything related to it on the Tripadvisor reviews. I am sure you are aware of the fact that many reviews on Tripadvisor are padded. Some of the negative reviews are bad because a traveler found a bug in an otherwise very clean bathroom.