Tell me about Jack's Shack!

Mom2boyz522

It seems that GT is a good beach day, since we will only be there until 3. Please tell me about Jack's Shack!

We get in at 7 am. Do we want to go right there? Do something else first?

Is this a good place to beach it?

Can I email to reserve chairs-and do I need to?

Any nearby shops for Souvenirs?

THANK YOU!

At 7am you shouldn't need to email to pre reserve seats. Not even sure how many people will get off ship that early unless they have an excursion. The water is nicer down there if you want to rent the chairs it is stony closer to the pier. When you exit the pier, there is a small shopping area. Not sure if they are open at 7am though. Maybe someone else knows about that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I disagree about the food. It was delicious! And the drinks were great, too. We had a very chill day at Jack's Shack last July. The service was attentive even though they were a bit crowded that day. However, the were a lot less people than at Magaritaville. Which is why I enjoyed it!

In my experiences, even with a 7:00 a.m. arrival, things at Jack's Shack do not get going until after 9:00 a.m. No need to pre-reserve chairs or umbrellas, even if that was an option. A lot of the people are too scared to venture beyond the Margaritaville complex.

We always are the first ones off the ship. We go right to the Margaritaville pool, swim and enjoy the quiet for a couple of hours, and then when things start getting busy, the music starts getting louder and the bars open up, we head over to Jack's Shack for the rest of the day.

In my experiences, better food and drink at Jack's Shack. I did not travel all the way there to spend my day at a commercialized tourist trap over a local bar.

Edited by RDPDGX

Not anything worth bothering with, IMO

Agree! It's not worth the effort!

Maybe we were there a bad day for Jack, his wife, and daughter ... but they were not very friendly at all and made it seem they were doing you a favor to take your order. Very s-l-o-w service. :(

LuLu

Agree! It's not worth the effort!

Maybe we were there a bad day for Jack, his wife, and daughter ... but they were not very friendly at all and made it seem they were doing you a favor to take your order. Very s-l-o-w service. :(

LuLu

We agree. We LOVE beach bars. Had been looking forward to is for so long after reading reviews. Charged us $30 for two beach chairs and an umbrella. OK, not that big of a deal. Drinks were fine. Nothing special, but when we tried to get food, it took us two hours and we finally left. Ordered a burger and three jerk chicken lunches. Burger came, but the jerk was being handed out to others that ordered after us. We asked numerous times and they said, "It's cooking". It was VERY disappointing. We headed back to the pier and stopped at what was "Local Village" which had awesome music playing, wonderful cracked conch (we got three different orders and all took about 10 minutes) and cheap beer. They also gave us a fresh coconut that they opened for us and filled with rum. We were so disappointed that we didn't stop here on our way to Jacks. We would have never left.

I understand Local Village is not open any longer, and might be open under another name. We will be going back to GT next January, and this time we will go to town for lunch and get some cracked conch......then back to see if there is something new and local we can stop at. We will bypass Jacks.

• 3 months later...

We too had a great time at Jack's. Get the coupon for free rum sample at their website. They poured us full shots each for our group of 6. Cheap rum? Of course, what did you expect for free?

The local beer was excellent and ice cold. We thought the jerk chicken was quite good. Best food option: fresh catch fish! Service was island style: if you're patient and laid back you'll think it's excellent; if you're demanding somebody to fawn over you constantly you'll be disappointed.

Beach chairs and umbrellas were just what we needed. We had no problems getting them.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you go to the left, and is it better to walk along the beach or the rd.? I really don't care about the drinks but I would like it if it is less crowded but still a pretty beach, is this the case, is it worth it to go?

The beach at Jack's Shack may/may not be less crowded.

We were in Grand Turk with TWO cruise ships in January.

The folks who went to Jack's Shack came back saying it was terribly crowded with no chairs available.

With two ships in port everyplace was crowded.

On the Carnival boards there is discussion as to why Jack's Shack has "Closed" on their website. Someone thought maybe they were on vacation. Someone else heard that they had sold out. Does anyone here know?

On the Carnival boards there is discussion as to why Jack's Shack has "Closed" on their website. Someone thought maybe they were on vacation. Someone else heard that they had sold out. Does anyone here know?

Interesting .... Had heard rumors Jack was ready to "sell out".

Maybe someone knows?????

Went to the website and I don't see anything that says closed. Also searched the Carnival board and found nothing. Can you provide the links? I haven't had more than half a cup of coffee yet so maybe I just can't find it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just looked at their site - as I did the other day - no "closed"... :confused:

And, from the website: "beach lounge chairs $5 and beach umbrellas $10" so should be total $20 for two for chairs and umbrella.

Edited by bailey57

Hmmm someone had taken a photo showing the word "closed" for each day of the week where they post the hours they are open. Maybe it was just a joke or something. If we don't hear more on these boards, I'll find out in October!