Cruise Critic Connections

Rpozi

I can't join the connection party. All my information is correct on the form. We may just have to wear a home made note pined to our attire. "Non-Party Affiliated".

Edited by Rpozi
Grammer

I can't join the connection party. All my information is correct on the form. We may just have to wear a home made note pined to our attire. "Non-Party Affiliated".

If you think you filled in the boxes on the registration form correctly, but the website did not process the information, you might join the roll-call for your sailing, and ask whether others have had a similar problem. One of our Summit to Bermuda sailings had such bad "glitch", that it took months before any of us could register. We all got "invalid sailing date" errors. And, while that's frustrating -- it's nice to know that it's not just you having the problem. ;)

And while you get points for creativity for your home made note idea :D -- if you're not on the list, you won't have an invitation sent to your cabin. Worst case scenario, swing by the GR desk as soon as you check into your cabin, and find out when/where the Connections Party will be held. It is frequently scheduled for the morning of the first full day at sea. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

When is your cruise? How long is the cruise? What cruise line?

What is a connection party???

Thank you for that explanation wwwcruisers. You are absolutely on target. Due to the fact that we booked through a third party, that is the only option for joining. Will follow your suggestion.

We are on sailing on Celebrity Solstice sailing to Alaska on 09/02/16 for 7 days. If you and/or Hancock are also booked for this cruise, I hope to meet and thank you in person. With/without a Connection Party ice breaker.

Edited by Rpozi

Thank you for that explanation wwwcruisers. You are absolutely on target. Due to the fact that we booked through a third party, that is the only option for joining. Will follow your suggestion.

We are on sailing on Celebrity Solstice sailing to Alaska on 09/02/16 for 7 days. If you and/or Hancock are also booked for this cruise, I hope to meet and thank you in person. With/without a Connection Party ice breaker.

Haven't sailed on either of those two lines, but I don't get why it would matter how you booked. Isn't the qualifying detail is that you are registered for cruise critic, not whether you booked through the cruise line, an online agency, or a brick and mortar TA?

I was also getting the same message as the OP when trying to sign up for the M & M. I kept trying and was finally able to sign up last week for my cruise in January.

When you paid in full or booked with a travel agent has nothing to do with it.

I booked a couple of months ago through a travel agent and haven't made final payment yet.

It's a little get-together that X (RC has something similar) throw for the cruisecritic members. They plan it and host it -- all we have to do is register for it.:cool:

Thank you for the explanation. On other lines a Roll Call member organizes a Meet n Greet or Meet n Mingle with a ship's rep and we sign up in our Roll Call. No form to fill out so I wasn't familiar with Connections.

I was also getting the same message as the OP when trying to sign up for the M & M. I kept trying and was finally able to sign up last week for my cruise in January.

When you paid in full or booked with a travel agent has nothing to do with it.

I booked a couple of months ago through a travel agent and haven't made final payment yet.

This seems to be an on and off problem with Celebrity's website. We had the same problem for our cruise back in March 2015. I just kept trying every couple of days until one day if finally worked. Their website has had a lot of problems. Thank goodness the onboard experience is nothing like the website.