nice inside on maasdam

redpear1

My DW and I are thinking of booking last min Montreal to Boston on the Maasdam. We have been on the Maasdam a few times but have never stayed in an inside cabin. Could anyone recommend what inside we should consider.

My DW and I are thinking of booking last min Montreal to Boston on the Maasdam. We have been on the Maasdam a few times but have never stayed in an inside cabin. Could anyone recommend what inside we should consider.

We cruised on the Maasdam twice, both times in inside cabins. Stay away from cabin 500, on the main deck. Great cabin size wise but every time the ship pulls into a port the noise from the thrusters and the winches for the ropes was awful. The noise would start about half an hour before docking and would wake us up from a dead sleep. The day we were at a port we had to tender at, when they dropped the anchor it sounded like a locomotive going through our room. It would be a great cabin if you were doing a TA and had no ports in between, but for a port intensive trip I would avoid.

Our second cruise was in cabin 614, midship on the main deck. It was great. Nice and quiet. I would book it again.

My brother was in 548 on the Ryndam and loved it -- great location, big cabin. The only issue he had with it was that due to some strange cruise-ship sound transfer, the alarm that sounds when the roof over the Lido pool is being opened or closed sounded in his cabin. He was only in the cain twice when it happened, but the steward confirmed it happens all the time. But he would definitely book that cabin again. And it was a great cabin for the last morning, handy to the gangway and large enough for all 5 of us to be in comfortably.

I had an inside cabin on Maasdam last summer on that same itinerary (great cruise by the way!) and while I liked my location (I actually can't remember where it was exactly!) I made a mental note (and a written one!) that next time I'd get one on deck 6, as the previous poster suggested! The quick access to the out-of-doors is nice when you don't have your own balcony or a lanai. If you can get an inside cabin on deck 6, midship, that would be best I think.

If you want to be on the deck where the aft (outdoor) pool is and one down from Lido, the insides on Navigation Deck may appeal to you.

Edited by sail7seas

Deck 6, Lower promanade deck, mid ship. Right off the atrium, laundramatte handy, and steps away from the biggest balcony on the ship.:)

:D- that's my master plan, :cool: , I want that deck, on may 16, that's why I didn't get a guarantee like normal, unless I could be guaranteed a upgraded to a lanai or better,

so far I've gotten 2 upsells to other outsides, on other decks ,nope im staying:D

Edited by maxie99

We cruised on the Maasdam twice, both times in inside cabins. Stay away from cabin 500, on the main deck. Great cabin size wise but every time the ship pulls into a port the noise from the thrusters and the winches for the ropes was awful. The noise would start about half an hour before docking and would wake us up from a dead sleep. The day we were at a port we had to tender at, when they dropped the anchor it sounded like a locomotive going through our room. It would be a great cabin if you were doing a TA and had no ports in between, but for a port intensive trip I would avoid.

Our second cruise was in cabin 614, midship on the main deck. It was great. Nice and quiet. I would book it again.

I have been in 513 on the Maasdam and it was great.