Where to store my bags in Anchorage.

CineGraphic

Our bus from Seward will arrive around 11 am and our flight home isn't until 6pm.

The bus service, Alaska Cruise Transportation, offers several options on where to be dropped off in Anchorage besides the airport, any ideas on the best place to be dropped off, store our bags and see the town instead of sitting at the airport for 7 hours?

Thanks in advance!

Do they offer a stop at Egan, the conference center? Anchorage uses part of the Egan facility as a "cruise passenger convenience point". You can check bags there for the day (perhaps until 6pm) while you peruse Anchorage and nearby spots. They have shuttles to the airport regularly.

Although inconvenient in your case, the airport has one of the only true baggage storage locations that I know of. The Egan Center has made arrangements with the cruise lines to store baggage but you would need to make those arrangements through the cruise line for storage there. You may be able to see about storage at a hotel, even if you’re not staying there. Check with the concierge.

Would you happen to know if we can take our "ship" baggage to the Egan Conference center early, that is, several days before our cruise? We are on a cruisetour with the land portion first, but the cruisetour begins in Fairbanks and we are coming into Anchorage for a couple of days first before we go to Fairbanks to begin the land portion.

I know we can take all of the luggage (ship baggage and land tour baggage) with us to Fairbanks and give the ship baggage to the Princess reps then, but we would rather not have to take the ship baggage with us if we can drop it early at the Egan center.

Would you happen to know if we can take our "ship" baggage to the Egan Conference center early, that is, several days before our cruise? We are on a cruisetour with the land portion first, but the cruisetour begins in Fairbanks and we are coming into Anchorage for a couple of days first before we go to Fairbanks to begin the land portion.

I know we can take all of the luggage (ship baggage and land tour baggage) with us to Fairbanks and give the ship baggage to the Princess reps then, but we would rather not have to take the ship baggage with us if we can drop it early at the Egan center.

Nope, Egan Center is daily storage only. You can try and verify this directly, if they have now changed, but I doubt it. Frankly, keeping your bags with you, is the way to go, with you directly, handing it over in Fairbanks.

There also have been reports of people storing bags at some hotels, BUT you would have to have "freetime" in Anchorage with your cruise tour.

Thanks. I guess we will just have to keep the bags with us until we get to Fairbanks.

We are coming into Anchorage and staying on our own for a couple of days before the land tour begins. The Princess tour actually begins in Fairbanks and so we will be spending the night on our own in Anchorage for two nights and then have to get to Fairbanks on our own. I am trying to decide between a rental car or the train, but seriously leaning toward the train. It would just be easier for us to get to Fairbanks without having to take the "ship" luggage, but it doesn't appear there will be any way to get Princess to take it before we arrive in Fairbanks. Do you have any other ideas or suggestions we could try?

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, we've changed bus companies, opting for The Park Connection, (alaskacoach.com). They have 2 drop-off points, the airport and the museum. We opted for the museum as they will hold our bags until 3pm while we putter around and get something to eat.