Freedom of the seas wifi

Where going on FREEDOM OF THE SEAS next week ,(our first aft cabin)

Does anyone know what the cost are for WIFI ? Is it slow ?

Thanks for any info !

Internet prices can be found here

On the Vision last month the speed was a little slower than DSL during the day. Speed will depend on usage, which is less at night/wee hours of the morning versus during "normal" daylight hours.

We were able to jump on and check email and type of couple of replies in about 10 minutes.

It did have prices, but here is a copy and paste. I do believe some (maybe all ships) are offering unlimited internet access. That is no listed here.

Any major operating system

802.11b Wireless networking capability

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

The basic rate is USD 0.65 per minute or choose from one of our pre-paid packages:

US$35.00 for 60 minutes

US$55.00 for 100 minutes

US$75.00 for 150 minutes

US$100.00 for 250 minutes

US$150.00 for 500 minutes

It worked for iOS for us.

• 2 months later...

Just an update for anyone searching these forums about wifi information on the Freedom:

I was on the Freedom in October/November of 2014, and bought the unlimited data package. I think it cost us a couple hundred dollars for the week, but we were very happy with the speed and connectivity. We had no problem connecting in our cabin or anywhere else on the ship, no outages, and we could easily switch devices by logging out of one, and then onto another.

The speed isn't 'broadband' of course, but it was a lot faster than we expected (like DSL around 2000-2002). A gmail page took only 5-10 seconds, and with a little patience, we were able to load some YouTube videos. Images took anywhere from a few seconds to about 20 seconds.

By comparison, when we went on the Majesty of the Seas in January of 2014 and January 2013, the internet was not working half the cruise, and when it did work, it was less than dial-up modem speed in 1995. You could sit there for a good ten minutes loading a very basic gmail page. That experience is the main reason we were so happy with the speeds on the Freedom.

• 4 months later...
They also have a wifi deal two devices which was my iPhone and iPad was $140 for a week unlimited, worked out very well for us.

Nice to se the prices going down. We paid $209 on Adventure last month for unlimited / 2 devices. We were also very pleased with the speed and availability.

• 3 weeks later...

It should be noted that the WiFi went back up on Freedom. I was on 5/24/15 sailing and "unlimited" price was $210 for two devices. Basically they stated $20/day for one device and $10 for second (BOGO of sorts). Talking to crew they said price increase was due to the fact that they had upgraded the system. Overall speed wasn't an issue.

Should also be noted that on 5/24 sailing the Compass still said $140 for two devices so a trip to Guest Services on last day of trip got me a manual adjustment of $70 to lower our price to match.

Edited by ChattTN

It should be noted that the WiFi went back up on Freedom. I was on 5/24/15 sailing and "unlimited" price was $210 for two devices. Basically they stated $20/day for one device and $10 for second (BOGO of sorts). Talking to crew they said price increase was due to the fact that they had upgraded the system. Overall speed wasn't an issue.

Should also be noted that on 5/24 sailing the Compass still said $140 for two devices so a trip to Guest Services on last day of trip got me a manual adjustment of $70 to lower our price to match.

Too bad I didn't pay attention to that....I was on that sailing also and paid $140 for one device....thought I saw it was less on here but didn't follow thru...:( It was great having unlimited though....hope it continues!

Edited by Love the beach

That's too bad -- the $140 worked great for two devices for us with the D+ discount. Is the speed that much better? It was very slow for us on 5-17-2015.

Was it $140 for one device?

Well I find $ 210 over priced for two devices.

The 140 for two devices was a price point that I didn't feel I was getting over charged .

Another reason to consider other lines .

That's too bad -- the $140 worked great for two devices for us with the D+ discount. Is the speed that much better? It was very slow for us on 5-17-2015.

Was it $140 for one device?

It was our first cruise so I cant compare overall speed. But seemed fine to us. I was able to upload photos and short videos to Facebook without issues and don't remember sitting around and thinking about the service being slow. Only issue I had was trying to send photo's though iMessage, otherwise no issues.

Yes price was quoted during online log in as $20 a day for first device and $10 a day for second device. During initial log in it "searched" for available discounts, so for everyone with status I guess you will still get discounted price offers.

On the 5/31 internet was $210 for 2 devices unlimited access. Seems the same speed that we had last year on FOS. Was all excited at the $140 price for 2 devices for unlimited internet. Then when we came on board the procing was the same as last year.

On the 5/31 internet was $210 for 2 devices unlimited access. Seems the same speed that we had last year on FOS. Was all excited at the $140 price for 2 devices for unlimited internet. Then when we came on board the procing was the same as last year.

I'm guessing that Royal will keep raising the price to control bandwidth usage.